Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria > FPV & XR Club of Victoria Discussions

FPV & XR Club of Victoria Discussions FPV & XR Club of Victoria Discussions

Old 29-08-2007, 03:34 PM   #1
Grippy
Racing improves the breed

Default Bonnet catches

Hi guys, I have just been on the FPV & XR website looking through a few of the motorsport photos and noticed that pretty much everyone was using the same type of bonnet catch located on the side of the bonnet and front quarter panel. I have lost my current catch and was wondering where everyone gets theirs from. Thanks, Steve

1964 Mini Cooper S Historic Group Nb Touring car

Victorian Hill Climb Championship
Grippy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2007, 04:46 PM   #2
MOTIV8
Just cruizin' around.....

Hey Steve , I will be back home on Friday and can take a couple of Piccies and then put them up both here and on the website if you can wait until then....

But I bought 2x50mm brackets from Bunnings (Church) and as the holes were positioned perfectly I simply bent them up to the same profile as the guard from the first bolt hole. Then got a small piece of metal (rubber backed to protect the paint) with a slot in the middle to go over the bracket and a split pin to go through the top hole outside of the bonnet (when shut) to keep it closed. Repeat for the other side and there you have it - an acceptable secondary bonnet restraint to complete with that can be taken on/off the car in 20secs with no modification to any part of the car.

Last edited by MOTIV8; 29-08-2007 at 04:52 PM.
MOTIV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post