Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 27-12-2009, 12:53 PM   #1
spi1
Starter Motor

Default My Ford focus has scared me!

Bought a second hand ford focus 27000K now it's 30000K. Had transaxel seals replaced, because of leaks and right transaxel smoothed out $400 and the new issue is that car won't start, a possible fuel pump issue! Still being assessed.I only had this car for 3 months and it has less than 30000K and problems like this I wouldn't expect until much later. I'm seriously thinking of trading it for a Toyota Camry! even though I will be taking a loss.Because I'm afraid of more future issues! for me reliability is the most essential aspect of any car! I've had no issues with toyota's in the past!

What do others think???

spi1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2009, 01:00 PM   #2
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Wat year model is it?? LR / LS / LT??

Still under warranty??

More info required.
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2009, 02:17 PM   #3
spi1
Starter Motor

Default Ford Focus sacre me!

It's a Focus LS April 2006, Auto!Just out of warranty! tried to get something happening with the original dealer, but you know what ford dealers are like!

Last edited by spi1; 27-12-2009 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Add more
Old 27-12-2009, 03:12 PM   #4
Velociraptor82
Eat my Brake Dust

I'm sorry to hear of your troubles. My Focus is also a 06 LS model and the only issues I have had were a result of the modifications I've done to it.

there are a few threads about troubles with some Foci having a rough idle when just started. It often requires a person to try starting the car a second time. I've experinced this myself but think nothing of it as I kinda belive this little fault gives the car character. I know your descibing a more serious issue but perhaps they are related. Have a serach through the threads and you might find what you are looking for.

As much as I'd hate you hear of you trading the car in, please don't trade it in for a Toyota.... It would be so embarrasing. Try a Mazda instead??
Small Ford Sunday 2010 - Best Modified Car presented by the EuroFord Club

If I'm going to Hell, I'm going in a Ford

Velociraptor82 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2009, 03:16 PM   #5
Tj-zetec
Knows nothing. Apparently

Well that's your problem right there.
That's not to say all dearlership service departments are but, but very few are good.

Find yourself a reputable independant mechanic.

If it's any consolation, starting issues are uncommon in the focus and more than likely minor.
Don't buy a camry, not until you're ready to give up on life at least.

1975 Mitsubishi/Chrysler GC Galant 2-door Hardtop. 4G63 DOHC heart transplant nearly complete!
Check out the build over here
Tj-zetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2009, 03:33 PM   #6
20focus05
I wanna XR5

you wait till you get it going and scare a bomadore driver ;)
that will get you hooked

Ex Ford owner and member of this great site for ages.

South Australia, where the RIGHT hand lane is the NEW LEFT lane??????!!! %&#@*
20focus05 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2009, 03:43 PM   #7
JC807
sucksqueezebangblow

toyota>most !
Old 27-12-2009, 05:39 PM   #8
casabonka
You can call me Chris

Yeah, I have the odd occasion where I need to have a second go at starting it, but so far (touches wood) after 4 months nearly, I havn't had any issues on my 06 LS
-Rear Whiteline swaybay
-Lenso 18's w/Kumho rubber
-Tinted Windows
casabonka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2009, 04:47 PM   #9
spi1
Starter Motor

Does a ford focus a LS 2006 have a fuel cut off switch? the mechanic can't find why not enough power is going into the fuel pump?