Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 02-04-2006, 08:22 PM   #61
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
I think the 2 worst rims ever designed for the AU are the clover leaf and these

No offence Mecha1k, but I just don't like those rims. My parents have them on their S3 SR Wagon. I thought they were a poor modern version of the XR rims on the E-Series. I can't remember their names.

I had 2 clover leaf rims on my trailer. Don't have them anymore
I sold two of mine to AUsFalcons ... and he put them on a trailer ... to suit the ones he already had on his AU .... must admit ... they look decent on a trailer (the 5-spokes anyway).

Have seen these 5-spokes on a lowered Hilux (older model) with lower profile tyres ... and I do admit they do look much better (makes the rim look much bigger).
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2006, 09:13 PM   #62
rag top
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

GK, when are you going to lower it???
Old 02-04-2006, 09:57 PM   #63
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
Somedays are diamonds. I dont even think your tyres had cooled down before they were rolled away to a new home.. and you got your money back on them.
Very true! I paid $60 a piece for them in 2003, didn't put them on my car until early 2005 though, and today got $50 each for them! :

Thanks for all your help today Casper, it was really appreciated, and it was great to meet you!

GK
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2006, 10:00 PM   #64
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
I think the 2 worst rims ever designed for the AU are the clover leaf and these

I had 2 clover leaf rims on my trailer. Don't have them anymore
I agree with the comment about the rims in the pic, but as Casper said to me today, the worst rims Ford ever made were those on the AU1 Futura! Thankfully I took them off today!

As for the Clover Leaf ones, I like them more and more the more and more I see them. :

GK
Old 02-04-2006, 10:02 PM   #65
GK
Walking with God

Quote:
Originally Posted by '67
GK, when are you going to lower it???
Won't be able to afford that for a while and even if I could, I need some new tyres on the SR sedan next! Having sampled these new ones I got today from Casper, I think that maybe I'll be spending a little more than I had planned to pay for those I was putting on the SR LOL!

It would look really good lowered though I know!

GK