Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 02-10-2010, 02:23 PM   #1
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Default A tear will be shed...

People of aufalcon.com - I have taken the plunge today and signed a contract to trade the AU in on a black manual LS Focus Zetec, subject to finance.

Now the finance shouldn't be too much of an issue, which means, its time for me to start saying goodbye to those of you at aufalcon.com

You guys have been brilliant, any problems I've had you guys have generally had quick, concise and easy to follow instructions to fix. Its been a great community to be a part of and even though I haven't posted much in here recently I will still miss the banter of this section.

I'm still going to remain an active member here on AFF so I'm sure I'll still see you all in other sections, but just wanted to put up a personal goodbye to the section that's been of the most help and importance to me - it was because of the aufalcon.com website I found AFF and signed up to start with.

While this is the end of my first chapter with an AU, I'm sure it won't be my last, I just can't justify having a 6 cylinder car at the moment, and those of you who do know my car would know it probably needs about $2-$3k spent on it to get it both cosmetically and mechanically immaculate again.

I will be taking the aufalcon.com stickers off my rear quarters before I hand it in, in case somebody down the track decides to use it in a manner not fitting for a car with our stickers.

So I bid you all farewell, and until we meet again, may your AU's treat you well! Thanks once again everyone for your help & support over the last three & a half years. It has been appreciated!

Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2010, 02:25 PM   #2
KR1STO
Just another mock-up..

Good luck with the new car mate...!
Would've been a hard decision...

see my car here:
Built my own TL50!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
KR1STO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2010, 02:40 PM   #3
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

have fun with the new limo.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2010, 04:36 PM   #4
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Make sure you pop back in from time to time so we can pick on you for defecting and buying 1/2 a car
Old 02-10-2010, 05:02 PM   #5
Day-mow
rexnet

i saw it driving the other day on marion rd. i like the front end.

Remember it is the internet,So beware of trolls, If you argue with trolls the kids will laugh at you

Follow me on twitter @ Day_mow
Day-mow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2010, 06:09 PM   #6
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

So long for now - you'll be back!
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2010, 07:22 PM   #7
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Quote:
Originally Posted by KR1STO
Good luck with the new car mate...!
Would've been a hard decision...
Thanks, and yes, it was a very hard decision. I've become quite attached to the old "tractor" as it has become known in the SA circles, I think it will really hit me when I drive out in the Focus, leaving the AU behind. I'm hoping the excitement of new car will outweigh the sadness of getting rid of the AU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane
Make sure you pop back in from time to time so we can pick on you for defecting and buying 1/2 a car
I've been copping a little bit of flack about buying a "girlie hairdressers car", but at this stage I don't mind, the Focus' are good cars from what I have read and heard, and it should only save me coin at this stage - more dollars to put into the Luxobarge means that gets more work done quicker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
So long for now - you'll be back!
I really hope so. Hopefully at some stage in a Windsor powered AU!
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Old 02-10-2010, 08:57 PM   #8
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
I really hope so. Hopefully at some stage in a Windsor powered AU!
Or.................... a Windsor powered Focus?
Old 02-10-2010, 11:09 PM   #9
crdave
Blue Blood

A black manual Zetec, nothing wrong with that ,nice choice and it's still a Ford. Good luck and have fun with the new car. Bring it along on the 24th if you get the chance.
crdave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2010, 07:53 PM   #10
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

I think I'm working that weekend unfortunately, will know for sure when the newest roster comes out hopefully this week sometime.

And a Windsor powered focus would be awesome, would need AWD though ;)
Quote:
Old 04-10-2010, 11:06 AM   #11
Day-mow
rexnet

if i may ask rik,
are you getting much of a trade in on the tractor?

Remember it is the internet,So beware of trolls, If you argue with trolls the kids will laugh at you

Old 04-10-2010, 03:23 PM   #12
au11futura
ROCKING THE EL FUTURA

good luck mate with the new micro machine......you wont be able to fit any bbq's in there for your snags now.....

My build that was http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11267696

ENVI BA XR6T
BUILD THREAD..http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11345961 TAKEN BY THE EX
NOW A EL FUTURA

EB MONTY NOW IN THE SHED
BACK IN THE E-SERIES

THREAD DIGGEr
au11futura is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2010, 10:17 PM   #13
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Quote:
if i may ask rik,
are you getting much of a trade in on the tractor?
I'm getting $3500 for it. I know its probably worth more, but it does need a fair bit of work done to it: new back bar, new plugs, new leads, new power steering pump & rack, new front hubs, brakes are starting to shudder again, tyres are starting to get to the point where they need replacing, there's rust in the boot on either side of the number plate that's starting to get bad, plus it just has reached that magical 200,000km mark which drops value.

I'm not too disappointed in the $3.5 though, since a couple of yards after were only going to go to $2.5, or, "we'll match the $3.5 but won't be able to drop the price on the car you're buying at all".

The way I look at it, I'm cutting my losses now before it drops in value too much more, and before I HAVE to spend a heap of money on it to keep it running. I'm doing this to try and save a bit of coin on fuel to and from work each day as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by au11futura
good luck mate with the new micro machine......you wont be able to fit any bbq's in there for your snags now.....

You'd be surprised, I reckon the boot space is almost on par with the Falcon. In fact, because I have a stupid huge sub box in the boot of the AU which effectively takes out a third of my boot space, I reckon I'll have more now! BBQ anyone? ;)
Quote:
Old 04-10-2010, 10:59 PM   #14
Day-mow
rexnet

yeah fair call mate. totally see where your coming from.

Old 05-10-2010, 05:45 PM   #15
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
And a Windsor powered focus would be awesome, would need AWD though ;)
Of course, and if I see an AWD focus with a shaker bonnet I'll just move over and let it go
Old 05-10-2010, 08:19 PM   #16
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

I did the same thing a few weeks ago, congrats on the purchase
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2010, 01:40 PM   #17
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

I hope you find some happiness in the Focus Rik. They (the german ones) are very well built and will serve your purpose well. Plus they are easier to park than the AU. Thats something you will be happy with I know.

I think 3.5k isnt that bad for an AU of your condition. You havent spent all that much on it (not like mine) so in effect your losing less so to speak.

Anyway dude, at least you have the barge to keep your cruising temptations happy.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2010, 04:54 PM   #18
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Its not German Shav, its South African. From memory, only the XR5T was German.

And yeah, the Barge isn't going anywhere in a hurry, would never sell that!

Well the call just came through, finance is approved on the Focus, looks like I'm about to go sign all the finance paperwork, but may not actually be able to take delivery of the car until Friday as it needs to undergo their reconditioning - even though it was only serviced 1000km ago.

Reality has started to set in I think, it was with heavy heart I just removed the RIK250 plates and put on the old state plates. For some reason, I'm not getting excited about the new car, more disappointed over getting rid of the old one! I hope this changes though.
Quote:
Old 06-10-2010, 05:10 PM   #19
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Sounds like your heart will always be with the AU. Its taken u on some great cruises and the Focus wont fill the same void the AU does when it comes to baynies...lol. Still, look forward, dont look back and you'll think more positive on your choice to change.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2010, 12:50 AM   #20
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Well, the deal has all gone through and everything has been said and done.

I spent a while Thursday night stripping back the AU, removing the DVD player and putting the factory head unit back in, took the sub box & amp out as well. I left the Polk Audio speakers in there, I'm sure somebody will appreciate their quality over the factory speakers someday! After work on Friday I went to the dealer and did the swap.

After what I said about leaving it behind it was weird. I guess I had the couple of days to get used to it without my plates on it, and without my plates on it, it didn't really feel like "my" car anymore, just something I was driving around in (if that makes sense), so leaving it there just felt more like parking it to leave it for a while. Even though I know I'll never have it back.

The Focus is so much fun to drive! I'm still getting used to manual again, its been quite a few years since I've owned a manual, I've driven a few here and there, but still getting used to the fact there's a clutch to play with as well!

Shav - the Focus has done a couple of Baynies now, its not the same as the AU but its still a bunch of fun!

Thank you all once again for all the answers you guys gave me to the questions I have had. I hope the guys in the Focus section are just as great as you lot - in fact, I'm going over there now to start getting some advice on a couple of minor mods I wouldn't mind doing ;)
Quote:
Old 11-10-2010, 08:51 AM   #21
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Its not German Shav, its South African. From memory, only the XR5T was German.
And yeah, the Barge isn't going anywhere in a hurry, would never sell that!

Well the call just came through, finance is approved on the Focus, looks like I'm about to go sign all the finance paperwork, but may not actually be able to take delivery of the car until Friday as it needs to undergo their reconditioning - even though it was only serviced 1000km ago.

Reality has started to set in I think, it was with heavy heart I just removed the RIK250 plates and put on the old state plates. For some reason, I'm not getting excited about the new car, more disappointed over getting rid of the old one! I hope this changes though.
Correct
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2010, 08:35 PM   #22
Qwik6
Unsafe @ any Speed

Quote:
They would've just given it a detail & safety check.

By HEINRICH PERFORMANCE & TUNING

E Series Falcon Image Museum on FB
https://www.facebook.com/pages/E-Ser...29864000453208
Qwik6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post