Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 16-05-2010, 10:08 AM   #1
jason71
google is my friend

Default Slow Down!

Yesterday whilst driving to the local shops to get some lunch with my son, we were almost cleaned up by a young bloke on P's travelling in the opposite direction.
He came flying around a bend completely sideways on our side of the road! It was more luck than skill that he didn't slide into us.

Now I'm normally a pretty tolerant type but this was just crazy, I turned around a casually drove around the suburb until I found this idiot.
He was parked on his front lawn standing around his car with his mates.
I basically told him he was an f ing idiot, next time I'll kick the f ing sh it out his car, and to grow up.

I had to vent my frustration at this idiot. I have never been so angry in my life. Thinking that my son and I could have been seriously injured or killed by him.

So guys please slow down before you kill yourself and someone else.

jason71 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2010, 10:18 AM   #2
g220ba
FGX XR8

Pretty scary thing to happen while going for a drive to the local shops, thankfully both you and your son are both unharmed and here to tell the tale.

Would it have been worth reporting him to make kim known to the local constabulary. Nothing may have happened on this occassion but it would make them aware of this idiot.
g220ba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2010, 03:13 PM   #3
F6T
Has V8 envy

I would have no hesitation whatsoever in reporting this to the police and making him known. There's a very good chance that he is laughing off your visit with his mates. He won't be laughing off strife with the police.

I would feel like rubbish if this guy did cause a shocking accident and I had not previously reported him.

I'm tolerant too, but not of idiots coming sideways round a corner at me in my lane with the little one in the car.

GTX35/82r + 82lb injectors
Nizpro 4" exhaust
Plazmaman 1000hp IC/piping/BOV/plenum
Process West surge tank
Crow springs
TEIN super streets
6/4 brembos

TUNED BY BLUEPOWER RACING
F6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2010, 06:04 PM   #4
TheZHLANE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

was it a commodore? :P
TheZHLANE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2010, 06:10 PM   #5
Eu-GenixX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i must be getting older and wiser myself.. coz i won't tolerate this sort of driving and behaviour either... i'm only 30... in my younger days i was involved in some not so safe/legal driving at times.. but the time and place was always chosen with great care.. and to ensure no innocent bystanders were ever in danger..

i had a recent incident a few weeks back.. some clown going back and forth around the corner i live on.. very long sweeping blind corner.. doing his fully sick drifts.. once instance a car coming the other way was almost collected...

i phoned the police.. and they told me they couldn't do anything.. they couldn't just go off my word.. they need to see it themselves... which i could understand.. otherwise anyone peeved off with anyone could dob them in for something they never did..

i was tempted to get out there and put my wheelie bin in the middle of the road.. so next time he came around the corner he'd collect it... oops.. how did that get there
Eu-GenixX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2010, 06:23 PM   #6
jason71
google is my friend

I should have reported him to the police. I will next time.

Just a petty they can't give him a swift kick up the backside like he deserves.
Old 16-05-2010, 06:24 PM   #7
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eu-GenixX
i must be getting older and wiser myself.. coz i won't tolerate this sort of driving and behaviour either... i'm only 30... in my younger days i was involved in some not so safe/legal driving at times.. but the time and place was always chosen with great care.. and to ensure no innocent bystanders were ever in danger..

i had a recent incident a few weeks back.. some clown going back and forth around the corner i live on.. very long sweeping blind corner.. doing his fully sick drifts.. once instance a car coming the other way was almost collected...

i phoned the police.. and they told me they couldn't do anything.. they couldn't just go off my word.. they need to see it themselves... which i could understand.. otherwise anyone peeved off with anyone could dob them in for something they never did..

i was tempted to get out there and put my wheelie bin in the middle of the road.. so next time he came around the corner he'd collect it... oops.. how did that get there
And when he hit it and then spun off the road killing himself and some other poor people, maybe those in your own house, would you have felt vindicated during your 10 years in jail for manslaughter?

There was a moron up here some years ago who was upset with the local flying school doing training just after dark as he did not like the noise. He dragged a heavy workbench into the middle of the runway. Fortunately there was no training that night and even MORE fortunately an early morning jogger spotted it BEFORE the morning QANTAS shed arrived.

Yes they are annoying and yes they are dangerous but thinking before acting is always a good policy and there is more than one way to skin a cat......
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2010, 06:59 PM   #8
fotsyfots
Starter Motor

Unfortunately you prolly ramped him up a few notches in "legend" status amongst his fellow knob mates if you just pulled up there & gave him a "good stern telling off".If it was close call involving my kid that would vindicate at least grabbing the little ************ by the throat & squeezing whilst delivering my "message" to him.
fotsyfots is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2010, 07:03 PM   #9
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

Its not worth yelling at those kind of people, best thing to do is punch him fare in the gob, sounds rough but some people just dont get it, they dont care for other and dont seem to understand how stupid there behavior is
Old 16-05-2010, 07:07 PM   #10
Tribal
OCD keeps me busy...

These kinds of people deserve a guided tour of emergency trauma rooms - but I guess shock tactics haven't worked that well in the past...
Tribal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2010, 09:49 PM   #11
Eu-GenixX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
And when he hit it and then spun off the road killing himself and some other poor people, maybe those in your own house, would you have felt vindicated during your 10 years in jail for manslaughter?

There was a moron up here some years ago who was upset with the local flying school doing training just after dark as he did not like the noise. He dragged a heavy workbench into the middle of the runway. Fortunately there was no training that night and even MORE fortunately an early morning jogger spotted it BEFORE the morning QANTAS shed arrived.

Yes they are annoying and yes they are dangerous but thinking before acting is always a good policy and there is more than one way to skin a cat......
as i said... i was tempted to...

as you have mentioned.. if he collected it..there is no telling what would happen after that.. maybe he would have swerved to avoid it and crashed into a house.. maybe my own... so i did the next responsible thing.. which was to call the police..
Eu-GenixX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2010, 10:27 PM   #12
SuspectEB

although Im agenst doing dumb stuff in cars in and around surburbs and other people, I'd never have a go at anyone that does stuff like that. In my area, ya mind ya own business or your going to be, Bashed, robbed and /or propety damaged.

Reporting them to the cops is an idea, yet I dont got the patience or will to deal with cops. the time I've gotten to the cop shop, I've lost my ager with stupid person/s.
SuspectEB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2010, 11:21 PM   #13
jordsnissannx
SR20 Abuser

in our old street we had a guy one night we could hear streets away giving his hsv inspired ******** box maloo absolute hell like he stole it no joke
finally he made it to our street, theres an intersection about 20m to the right where he came out easily in first and the second he got in front of our house nailed it on the limiter flat out into second then jumped on the brakes locking up almost collecting a barina security car in front of him, must of scared the security guy so much he pulled over and let the guy past back into first and dropped it again, as loud as an f111 no joke

i may be 20 and am still a bit of a hoon but theres hooning and theres pushing the limit way too far ay, i look for cops everywhere all the time cause im too scared of losing my licence again, almost got done at night in the wet for a relatively small skid but luckily i weaseled my way so thinly outta that one with nothing but a licence and tyre check

as always my 2 cents worth again

jordo
jordsnissannx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2010, 11:35 PM   #14
Auturbo6
The only thing u'll see!!

THERE ARE KIDS PLAYING IN THE STREETS. SLOW DOWN.
P.S. police won't do anything, if u ever see him cruising around go out of ur'e way to make his quick forward progress as slow and frustrating as possible. Only LEGAL thing that can be done to make a point.
Auturbo6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2010, 11:52 PM   #15
SXR6
Still a Ford boy... Just.

Meh, Cops usually wont bother, and even if they did it probably wouldnt make all that much difference. Majority of society, youths in particular just don't care.
Believe me, I used to be one. Still am a bit of a hoon, but nothing like whats been said in this thread.
Yes I have had a cop knock on my door to give me a stern word about 'speeding'. I said are you going to fine me? No.. Are you going to arrest me? No.. Are you going to take my car? No.. Did you actually see me do it can you prove it? No... I laughed told them to get off my property and closed my door. <-- thats going back 5-6 years and I was being nice. Kids these days are worse!
If I was in the position where I was in a situation that could have potentially killed me like whats been said here, I would have done more than give a stern word.

The street I live on is a 50k zone.. A while back every afternoon a black ute used to FLY down the street full noise. Neighbours rang the police, I rang the police, nothing stopped him until one day my neighbours and I stood out the front waiting and cained his ute with golf balls as he went past. Was a sight lol. Haven't seen that ute since.

Once they wake up its water boy time though.
SXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2010, 11:52 PM   #16
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason71
Yesterday whilst driving to the local shops to get some lunch with my son, we were almost cleaned up by a young bloke on P's travelling in the opposite direction.
He came flying around a bend completely sideways on our side of the road! It was more luck than skill that he didn't slide into us.

Now I'm normally a pretty tolerant type but this was just crazy, I turned around a casually drove around the suburb until I found this idiot.
He was parked on his front lawn standing around his car with his mates.
I basically told him he was an f ing idiot, next time I'll kick the f ing sh it out his car, and to grow up.

I had to vent my frustration at this idiot. I have never been so angry in my life. Thinking that my son and I could have been seriously injured or killed by him.

So guys please slow down before you kill yourself and someone else.
I dont mean to be rude, but I think your actions after seeing the side ways car was just as bad.. You had no idea who these people are & they could have very easly bashed, hurt or shot, right infront of your son. You dont know what people are like anymore in this world & you placed your own life at risk a 2nd time for no reason.... Next time, just keep driving & be thankfull they missed you!!

Just my 2 cents worth
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2010, 09:44 AM   #17
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619
I dont mean to be rude, but I think your actions after seeing the side ways car was just as bad.. You had no idea who these people are & they could have very easly bashed, hurt or shot, right infront of your son. You dont know what people are like anymore in this world & you placed your own life at risk a 2nd time for no reason.... Next time, just keep driving & be thankfull they missed you!!

Just my 2 cents worth

Well yes the possibilty of being assaulted is high these days, but at what point is enough?
This is what is wrong with the country, no one reacts, no one says anything when they see something wrong, no one stands up for themselves.
Now im not condoning that people go and punch the crap out of other people , but the abuse was warranted.
These morons do it for fun and DONT CARE that they will kill someone on the road.

If you rather live scared and lay down and take it up the a** then good for you....

My two cents worth.

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Jim Goose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2010, 11:21 AM   #18
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What did they say in return?
Old 17-05-2010, 02:11 PM   #19
jason71
google is my friend

Quote:
What did they say in return?
Nothing! I've never seen a bunch of teenagers so quiet in my life.
Old 17-05-2010, 04:11 PM   #20
xr6turboford

Well i think you should report them to the police. Lets hope we are not reading about someone that was killed in a accident in the near future caused by these idiots. Personally you are as bad as they are - you know about them yet choose to do nothing about them, if the do kill someone how do you think you will feel then?
xr6turboford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2010, 07:58 PM   #21
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"

To suggest that calling out someone for being a clown is as bad as someone out of control in a suburban area...? While it's unlikely, hopefully this clown will rethink his right foot and slow down after being confronted. Kudos to the OP.

These clowns think it's ok to drive like maniacs in our suburbs, perhaps it's the OP's kid that gets cleaned up by one because no-one was prepared to give him an earfull.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post