Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > ORSM Ford Cruise Car Club > Orsm Build Thread

Orsm Build Thread Only for the ORSM Club Members and their rides

Closed Thread

Old 18-02-2008, 12:50 AM   #91
WKD-XR6
AZZA

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR-ENVI
screens are in
and just as an added "bonus" one of our amps was damaged (only cosmetically) but the mounts were also damaged so just another thing to do- buy a new amp and refit it all up------------anyone wanna buy a slightly scratched amp? it works fine but just not good for showing off
this is one of the coolest fords i have ever seen, i respect people who take so much care of there car and do what u have done it just looks nice and tidy and by the sounds of things its got some big balls so top job on the car love it
Old 18-02-2008, 12:53 AM   #92
LUXO_8
windsor user

was looking awesome today as usual, good work
theres just nothing untasteful about it, just perfect
Old 18-02-2008, 08:54 PM   #93
XR-ENVI
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUXO_8
was looking awesome today as usual, good work
theres just nothing untasteful about it, just perfect
Thanks Wayne- we werent overly happy with its standard of cleanliness but we were limited with time and the car was filthy to start off with. But most probably didnt notice what we werent happy with!!!
Old 18-02-2008, 11:22 PM   #94
ORSMEB
Steve

And most people probably didn't relise you didn't have the car for most of this year and last!
Old 19-02-2008, 01:41 PM   #95
XR-ENVI
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORSMEB
And most people probably didn't relise you didn't have the car for most of this year and last!
And that is only half of it..........we still have parts not yet on the car that are with somene who seems to have done a runner!!!
I think we are having alot of bad luck with it all.........no more relying on others i guess!!
Old 22-02-2008, 06:49 PM   #96
XR-ENVI
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

well, with the return of the car, as some of you would have seen at the AFD, there were a couple more additions inside.

STUART WARNER BOOST and OIL PRESSURE GAUGES mounted in FPV Gauge Pod

HEADREST SCREENS

Old 22-02-2008, 06:51 PM   #97
XR-ENVI
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Today the latest addition is a new bootlid with some new artwork- we were hoping to have had this on at the AFD but no such luck.........finally its nearly all how it should have been months ago...just a little more to come....and of course the tune!!!

Old 24-02-2008, 08:22 PM   #98
XCSEDAN
i'm baaaack....

now that is cool!!!!
how well does the colour match?
Old 24-02-2008, 10:26 PM   #99
XR-ENVI
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the color match is pretty much perfect, considering the color is a hard one to match and he painted the boot without having to blend it in. Still needs to be blocked back but we are very happy with it, something we have wanted to do since we bought the car. In fact we even looked into ordering it without the spoiler
Old 25-02-2008, 10:12 AM   #100
vandrsxr6
Force Fed Fords

Looks really good guys.

310rwkw and always chasing more

Now with 6th Gear

RAPID PERFORMANCE

ORSM FORD CRUISER
Old 25-02-2008, 02:58 PM   #101
Jeeepers
Merry Xmas To All

Sweet work guys. Absolutely love it. I would go with a chrome number plate garnish though, just the strip, not the ghia garnish. That way it matches the wheel finish and exhaust tips.
Old 25-02-2008, 03:37 PM   #102
Shaggzy
"BMX_datto"

That is the best XR i have ever seen. Great color and the airbrushing you have done looks amazing. Keep up the goodwork!!!!!!
Old 25-02-2008, 06:30 PM   #103
XR-ENVI
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORSMT
Sweet work guys. Absolutely love it. I would go with a chrome number plate garnish though, just the strip, not the ghia garnish. That way it matches the wheel finish and exhaust tips.
We had thought of the granish but we dont want too much on the boot now that we have the airbrushing on there. we are thinking of putting a chrome turbo badge on the boot once it has been blocked back

Last edited by XR-ENVI; 25-02-2008 at 06:36 PM.
Old 02-03-2008, 08:31 PM   #104
XR-ENVI
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The car is going in tommorrow to get the auto serviced and then we will be ready to see what so of power it can unleash!!!
Old 02-03-2008, 09:16 PM   #105
dute
SLYME UTE

Thing are looking nice well done . . . .

Pete. . . . .
Old 02-03-2008, 10:14 PM   #106
MR_LON
ORSMT5

looks great guys, hope to see you at the lara show
EO XR5 with blacked out highlights, grilles & fog surround, black angel eye headlights, black turbo badges, eibach springs, bluepower custom tune, motorcade ic & intake piping, Xforce turbo back exhaust, lexus style rear fog/reverse lights, EBC red pads, Goodridge braided lines, Motul 5.1 fluid, custom fibreglass bonnet & slam panel cover, under bonnet bling & more soon
Old 23-04-2008, 02:17 PM   #107
XR-ENVI
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

can anything else go wrong- the car had to go back for repairs- itially it was thought to be a drive plate so the poor baby went on the back of a tow truck. When the auto was pulled out the drive plate was fine- although it was strengthed for the future. The engine was then the focus and the lifters were changed and it is now back togheter and having a couple of days of running in. It might even get that long awaited tune!!! So we will just keep our fingers corssed and hope that it will return in full form soon
Old 23-04-2008, 07:38 PM   #108
Sick EB
ORSM Ford Cruisers

i was around a diff place (cant remember what it was called- near broadmedows) the other day and saw you car on the hoist. it was just funny that out of all the cars in melbourne i saw your car just thought id mention it lol

1993 EB2 Gli---->Build Thread
2008 FG XR8 SEDAN 300RWKW N/A

2008 FG XR6 TURBO-UTE>>> SOLD
2002 AU3 XLS UTE>>>SOLD
Old 23-04-2008, 07:40 PM   #109
XR-ENVI
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick EB
i was around a diff place (cant remember what it was called- near broadmedows) the other day and saw you car on the hoist. it was just funny that out of all the cars in melbourne i saw your car just thought id mention it lol
That must have been at preston automatics?? Its now in other hands but not yet tuned but at least it is driving now!!
Old 24-04-2008, 06:49 AM   #110
GTPOWR
Falcon GT Club Geelong

Maybe there is hope for the keilor show. Hope you both could make it.

CHEERS

BIG JOHN
Old 29-04-2008, 11:10 PM   #111
XR-ENVI
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Talking

HOORAY- The car is back in our carport- lots of scrubbing to do before sunday, its filthy- but the main things is that it is back and it is tuned. Of course something always needs doing and now its the turbo- need a bigger one to get more out of the car but seeing as though we also signed the papers for our new house tonight i dont think a new turbo will be coming too soon- maybe we can put it on the housewarming list!!! or its my 30th soon!!! or a wedding present perhaps!!!!

anyway we are just glad we have it again and its still a bit noisy but it is so nice to drive it again.
Old 29-04-2008, 11:21 PM   #112
XR-ENVI
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Its not alot more power but with the UNICHIP gone and the Flash Tuner installed it is a lot more refined and a smoother car to drive. Just gotta love it!!! And Man does that turbo whine........... :

Old 29-04-2008, 11:23 PM   #113
XR-ENVI
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

: and yes the car was tuned in 1999!!! we are innovators- it was tuned before it was built
Old 30-04-2008, 12:12 PM   #114
BLKPHN
ORSM FORD CRUSIERS

HaHa great stuff and great power you have achived!!

lol 1999

Strive for perfection in everything we do. Take the best that exists and make it better.
When it does not exist, design it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough.

-[BLKPHN] (VIC) PLATES FOR SALE $495.00-
Old 30-04-2008, 05:28 PM   #115
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Wow great power output you've achieved!

The car looks great now without the spoiler and the graphic on the boot actually looks really good! Good work.
Old 30-04-2008, 06:30 PM   #116
MR_LON
ORSMT5

good news for a change, so it was just the lifter causing the trouble?
EO XR5 with blacked out highlights, grilles & fog surround, black angel eye headlights, black turbo badges, eibach springs, bluepower custom tune, motorcade ic & intake piping, Xforce turbo back exhaust, lexus style rear fog/reverse lights, EBC red pads, Goodridge braided lines, Motul 5.1 fluid, custom fibreglass bonnet & slam panel cover, under bonnet bling & more soon
Old 30-04-2008, 06:37 PM   #117
XR-ENVI
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeah it was the lifter, but the noise will come and go because of the grind of the cam. Apparently we need to get some shims for the lifters to suit the cams, and that should stop it from happening.
Old 05-05-2008, 11:14 PM   #118
JAZSXY
Parts Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR-ENVI
well, with the return of the car, as some of you would have seen at the AFD, there were a couple more additions inside.

STUART WARNER BOOST and OIL PRESSURE GAUGES mounted in FPV Gauge Pod

Did you get the LED's to go in the Stewart's to match the colour of the dash? I got a green one to fit in with my old Subaru Turbo when I had my Stewy gauge. Also who does your airbrush work?

frenzal56, falconxr, loosecannon, lima_been, bo5ton, Mardk, Chapter Four, leakey, POELWYK, Dman4.0, rayban76, tutor, PridenJoy, Aplito Futura, sbutler, Bosko, storta1, portokatsiki, AUte, 5.8, xxxg, FTW-302, LeadFoot81, Peuty, BillM, Sox, needfordspeed, watejs06, CATXR8
Old 07-05-2008, 10:42 PM   #119
XR-ENVI
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAZSXY
Did you get the LED's to go in the Stewart's to match the colour of the dash? I got a green one to fit in with my old Subaru Turbo when I had my Stewy gauge. Also who does your airbrush work?
yeah we got the blue LEDs to match the dash gauges, but they were abit fiddly, not too much room in the back of the FPV gauge pods.
As for the airbrushing, the guy we went to is no longer doing it anymore, so i guess we better stop thinking of things to paint cos it might be hard to get someone else to do the airbrushing and match in with the style of work that is already done
Old 07-05-2008, 10:47 PM   #120
Ex Are Sixx
Starter Motor

Just read the thread from start to finish, amazing work guys, should be proud!!
Closed Thread