Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 15-05-2010, 10:48 PM   #1
FG XR
Custom FG XR6!

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always keen to get on board and help others along the way 
Question What annoys you the most out on the road?

Thought this would be a good topic

Would be keen to see what everyone says?

For me its cyclists... they dont know how to keep left! They ride in the middle of the road so you have to go around them, majority of the time hold up traffic or they force you to form one lane.

Taxi drivers.... where the hell did they get their licence???

Old 15-05-2010, 10:49 PM   #2
yift
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Countless sensible, accurate mechanical advice on all things Falcon and Territory. 

if i could say what i wanted this thread will be deleted.
Old 15-05-2010, 10:49 PM   #3
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I agree, cyclists and taxi drivers !!!!
Old 15-05-2010, 10:56 PM   #4
My poor XF
Geelong FC 07, 09 & 2011

I can see how having to wait 10 secs for a cyclist can be annoying //sarcasm

seriously people a little patience goes a long way.
Old 15-05-2010, 11:03 PM   #5
Boosh Brus

Ford drivers

Seriously though, people who break the law or have no courtesy because they are impatient.

e.g. Last night when I was pulling away from the bowser at the local servo a nice chap drove in the servo entrance, right across the front of me and then straight out the other exit. Just because the light was red and he couldnt wait a minute or so. Sounds petty but deliberately being a tool bothers me.
Old 15-05-2010, 11:06 PM   #6
Kryton

People that cant do the speed limit.
Or people that pull out in front of you on the highway and make no effort to get to the speed limit.

oh, and dipsht's that feel they are so important they need to txt while they drive.
I so wish the law could be changed to allow you smack them one in the side of the head if you catch them doing it.
Old 15-05-2010, 11:10 PM   #7
Ivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by My poor XF
I can see how having to wait 10 secs for a cyclist can be annoying //sarcasm

seriously people a little patience goes a long way.
Cyclists on a single lane country road at school times is a recipie for death yet the idiots around here do it.

My pet hate is Fag Lights(fog lights)
Old 15-05-2010, 11:10 PM   #8
V8 Man
Excessive Fuel User

People who drive in the right hand lane, for mile after mile. NB. if I pass you on the left, it's because you're driving in the wrong lane, w***ker.
'10 CX9 Luxury (Family Truckster)
PBF 289 (POWERED BY FORD)Vic Number Plates for sale
Old 15-05-2010, 11:14 PM   #9
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

• Toyota Drivers
  • Trains
  • Trams
  • Trucks
  • Cyclists
  • People who don't keep left unless overtaking
  • People who can't merge onto a freeway properly
  • People who fiddle with their GPS or phone while driving unaware of their constant swerving
  • Smokers who throw their butts out the window
  • People who don't use indicators
  • Merge bandits
  • People who are aware of their lane ending (roadworks or other reasons) but leave it till the last second to switch lanes and then slow right down to do so.
Old 15-05-2010, 11:15 PM   #10
SEZ213
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always puts a good amount of thought into his posts and voices his ideas and opinions in a well thought out and constructive manner. I have certainly seen many threads where his input has been constructive to the topic and overall the forum has benfited f 

Oh dear...I have kept quiet for so long, and now someone has asked 'that' question.

Let's see -

*Those that decide the second they put their indicator on - they have the right to cut you off. It's an indicator - to 'indicate' you're moving, not a confirming action.
*Cyclists who can't ride in a straight line. I don't mind them being on the road - but fairs fair, if we have to have registrations to drive on the roads, so should they.
*Motorcyclists who decide between lanes is the perfect place for them to ride, whilst traffic is moving.
*The idiot texting on her mobile phone while trying to overtake, whilst driving up the Toowoomba range (failing - which lane would you like love?)
*The (and I hate to say this) - the female driver (usually a P plater) who feels that stuck to my bumper in peak hour traffic is the place to be.
*The bonehead who decides that the on ramp is the perfect place to do 60k's, despite the speed limit being 100 on a busy freeway
*The four wheel driver, who maintains a one tonne load at all times and doesn't get his/her headlights readjusted - thank you! I'm so glad I'm blind now...
AND
*Those who decide that right on a merge lane, is the perfect place to overtake you - buddy you already had a kilometre to do that, WHY NOW??

Continually having a battle of wits with unarmed opponents.

Sez

Photo's by Sez
Old 15-05-2010, 11:16 PM   #11
388cube_edxr8
Nutty Professor

People who sit right up my *** when I'm doing 65 in a 60 zone, then scream past at the first opportunity and slow down to 50 once they are in front.
If you buy a rubbish car, what you are saying is "I have no interest in cars." If you have no interest in cars, you have no interest in driving, and if you have no interest in something, it means you're no good at it, which means you must have your driving license taken away.
Old 15-05-2010, 11:17 PM   #12
My poor XF
Geelong FC 07, 09 & 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan
Cyclists on a single lane country road at school times is a recipie for death yet the idiots around here do it.

My pet hate is Fag Lights(fog lights)
hence the reference to patience. There are more idiots in cars than on bikes. Most seem to be sitting in the right hand lane doing below the speed limit.

That's my pet hate.
Old 15-05-2010, 11:24 PM   #13
LANKY 1
Are the Supercars on yet?

Anyone going slower then me is stupid, anyone going faster then me is a maniac!
Mostly cars that can't keep speed up hills and don't pull over at 'slow vehicle pull over zone' in hills, because u can't over take on all the twisty stuff. It's even better when it is cyclist and ur stuck doing 30 for 5k's

V8 dreamteam
1st: 2012, 2021
2nd: 2015, 2016, 2020, 2022, 2023
3rd: 2014, 2018, 2019
Old 15-05-2010, 11:39 PM   #14
Mr Brooksy
Youth worker

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Numerous helpful how-to's and sound advice! 

For me it's either people who believe they OWN the fast lane, keep left signs are there for a bloody reason.

P@icks who play chicken with your rear bumper at any speed! Bloody tailgaters!

Or... This IS the worst, people who go 10kmh under the speed limit in single carrage way with double lines for millions of km's, but as soon as they get to an over taking lane NAIL IT, and are doing at least 20kmh over so you need to break the sound barrier to pass them before the fast approaching end of over taking lane!!! Then drop back down to earlier speed. WOW, that's shirts me right off.

2011 SZ Territory

Old Futura thread:
Brooksy's Ex Build
Old 15-05-2010, 11:42 PM   #15
Gaz
Got Ghia?

My issue with bikes is the fact you spend ages trying to get past them, then at the lights they ride up the side and the process starts over. Motorbikes are different, I have no problem with them filtering, light goes green and they are gone before you blink.
Old 15-05-2010, 11:57 PM   #16
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

people entering on to a highway/freeway at 50-60ks i just want to ram them it so bloody dangerous its not funny.
Funny thing is the thing that probly annoys them the most is my v8 screaming past them as soon as there is room . An i would much rather annoy them then see what mack truck grill imprint would look like in my tailgate .
Old 16-05-2010, 12:02 AM   #17
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

People that are in such a rush to overtake you ( when there is no one behind you) and then suddenly indicate to turn into a street! Why not just go behind me and then turn? It is dangerous and it happens all the time.
Old 16-05-2010, 12:07 AM   #18
rodderz

People that just HAVE to get that 1 extra spot on the road, whether it's merging onto a freeway they have to merge at the very last minute to pass the maximum amount of vehicles, or those who cut in and out inbetween lights to get the left merge lane or get into a turn lane. Their pet hate may be tailgaters, thats me up their behinds stopping them from their obvious need to move into the next lane
Old 16-05-2010, 12:13 AM   #19
cheek
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Speed bumps!
Also cyclists and P-plate crumbledoor drivers
Old 16-05-2010, 12:17 AM   #20
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

• People who don't keep left unless overtaking
  • People who are aware of their lane ending (roadworks or other reasons) but leave it till the last second to switch lanes and then slow right down to do so.
  • Subaru, Toyota & Holden Drivers
  • Cyclists who take up a whole lane
  • People who can't merge onto a freeway properly
  • People who fiddle with their GPS or phone while driving unaware of their constant swerving
  • People who don't use indicators
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
Old 16-05-2010, 12:37 AM   #21
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Here's what I don't like:

People who drive too fast
People who drive too slow
People who don't indicate
People who don't thank me when I stop to let them through (women are the worst)
People who talk on their phones, especially driving out of the carpark (stay in your park, talk on the ************** phone, THEN drive out)
People who get their Ps, and don't know the basics. With all respect, how the hell does Mr Wong get a driving school? The guy can't drive himself.

I normally don't make comments like that, but you want to wonder why people are bad drivers? There's the problem. Shithouse instructors who couldn't instruct a dog to lick its ****.

Edit* I'm already a whiney old bastard. I don't like me either.

Don't snap my undies.
Old 16-05-2010, 12:42 AM   #22
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

People who decide to merge onto the freeway at a very slow speed, its dangerous. Especially when you're the only car coming down the road, and someone decides to come out in front of you instead of waiting till you pass, then they go slow as to the speed limit.
Old 16-05-2010, 12:55 AM   #23
yetchh
go bro

people that dont seem to have any idea of whats going on around them, all they do is look at the car in directly front, no car?, look at the road where the car should be.. these are the same people that pull out, go slow, dont indicate, beep the horn for nothing, sit in the right lane, drift around like its the supermarket etc etc etc..

that, and the cyclists who have a massive "i own the road too " chip on their shoulder, the type that undercuts you going round a roundabout then gives you the death stares for nearly running them over.. the type who insists on riding on the very edge of the cycle lane so as to make people go around them.. the type that insists on riding down the princess highway 80km zone with no bike lane when not 5m away is a perfectly useable service lane..

why why oh why must these people continue to be a bane on my life? somebody.. please..
1977 RX4/929 coupe in epoxy finally
1976 121 Cosmo 2l turbo
Old 16-05-2010, 12:56 AM   #24
xr62nv
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Without fail he is always replying to members audio queries (often answering the same questions multiple times) and his experience comes from working as an audio installer 

under cover hwy patrols hiding at the point where the speed limit drops 20km/h then goes back up.

under cover hwy patrols breaking the law themselves by doing 20-30km/h over the limit for no reason.

under cover hwy patrols thinking no one notices them when their cars stand out like dogs balls.
Old 16-05-2010, 01:04 AM   #25
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Cyclists: Those Pains in the Backside

Quote:
Originally Posted by yetchh
why why oh why must these people continue to be a bane on my life? somebody.. please..
From a transport point of view, Melbourne has been designed poorly.
Our train lines are inefficient (no trains to outer suburbs), buses are almost unviable most of the day, trams are packed too often, freeways are planned short-term (how many times has a lane extension been done on the Monash Freeway since it was changed from the SE Arterial?), and we have not calculated for bicycles at all.

The urban sprawl of Melbourne for one is terrible. London covers the same area of Melbourne, but with multiple times the population, suggesting that rather than everybody wanting a big block of land that looks like crap all too often, people have consolidated their lifestyle to fit into a unit/apartment/flat and still live happily ever after.

Just some ideas...I might be wrong though. I normally am, but that is just a few recollections.

Don't snap my undies.
Old 16-05-2010, 01:04 AM   #26
chevypower
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

*People that think they have more rights to use the roads than others, and think certain types of vehicles should be banned.
*Speed cameras.
*Tolls
*Any speed sign that posts a limit that I think is too slow for the area.
*People who go too slow in the fast lane
*People who don't accelerate to the correct speed to merge from a freeway onramp.
Old 16-05-2010, 01:19 AM   #27
JimNiki
71Mach1

All of the above except trams and trains ...they're not doing anything wrong...

As I live in Sunbury, I drive past the airport every day on my way home.
And those taxi drivers are there in both lanes till the last minute, then put their left blinker on and slow right down to enter the airport exit while still in the fast lane on the freeway. selfish mothers...all of 'em.
violets are #0000FF
all my base
are belong to you
Old 16-05-2010, 01:27 AM   #28
SteveJH
No longer a Uni student..

After today, motorbike riders riding in a group who cut you off at the end of the overtaking lane and force you onto the shoulder rather then letting you merge across even though you give plenty of warning with your indicators.
Old 16-05-2010, 01:28 AM   #29
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Everything and everybody on the road!

Seriously the roads here are crap...

The majority of drivers downright dangerous and in all honesty they really dont care they are.
Nor do they care if they speed,
cut you off,
tailgate,
drive through red lights,
drive through stop signs,
drive over speed bumps at 60kmh,
dont indicate,
turn right from the extreme left lane or,
turn left from the extreme right lane,
dont have a clue how to merge,
change lanes without looking or indicating
drive through level crossings,
talk on their mobile,
spit out the window while they drive so it lands on my car,
flick their smoke out the window,
have their kids in the back without seat belts on,
have a ******** box car with no working brake lights, bald tyres and is unregistered,
hurl abuse at you for no apparent reason,
change lanes in a round- a- bout,
drive 60kmh on the freeway,
pull out in front of you on the freeway,
drive on the wrong side of the road,
drive in the middle turning lane,
Have I finished?

Frankly pushbikes are the least of my concern... Im not liable to be killed if a pushbike hits my car now am I ?
But I am because some moron who found his licence is a chip packet cant drive for nuts and doest care that he cant drive or is so full of drugs or booze (or both) that ruins your day.

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Old 16-05-2010, 01:29 AM   #30
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

there are too many, but todays wot cheeses me orf........would be the dummy in the beat up blue lancer ricer that had to overtake me (while i was sitting on the limit) then cut close in front of me when there 50 million other cars in front that hes just not gunna get past, this individual `s common description................... rymes with tanker.
Closed Thread