Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 01-11-2010, 12:37 AM   #31
CODSASR

Yea I know the police couldnt do much but im sure it added to the many other things they where chasing these guys for. ELIIXR8 im sure the missus would love seeing that you are man enough to stand up for what you care about

2012 SZ TS Territory
CODSASR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2010, 12:37 PM   #32
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Honestly mate, I don't think anyone is able to comment until they've been in that situation.

I know I'd be furious if someone hit my car, and I know I'd be livid if they then drove off.

Can't say I wouldn't do the same given a similar situation, however I'd try and get their plate, photograph the car (benefit of having your camera in the car at all times ) and report them straight away.

As for the Mrs, I wouldn't worry, mine would have been scared at first, then half an hour later probably bail me up in the bedroom because I was so 'manly'
My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Current Ride: Not a falcon, the struggle is real
grandpa_spec_F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2010, 01:13 PM   #33
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Excellent guide for headlamp repair. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELIIXR8
To be honest I have thought of that and it gets me a little excited.... LOL
In all seriousness though Im a man of God and with his protection I will be fine.. And if not, I wil take one of them with me....... hhahaahhahaa!
Your God isn't going to save you if the guy pulls a knife -_-
Headlights don't work in your B Series? Here's how to fix it!
martinijosh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2010, 01:48 PM   #34
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Makes you wonder what is going on with society doesn't it?

My car got hit a few years ago, he tried to talk his way out of the incident and then what seemed to be half the middle east came out to his rescue...

Be very careful picking up the cash, mate had a similar situation to yours and went back to the guys house only to have a samurai sword pulled on him.

Bottom line this is what insurance is for, pay the excess, you get to live for another day.
cheap is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2010, 02:41 PM   #35
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap
My car got hit a few years ago, he tried to talk his way out of the incident and then what seemed to be half the middle east came out to his rescue...
This is what you need to watch out for. Close friends of our had a disagreement because their (race withheld) neighbor was high on methamphetamine and pulled a knife on their son. No reason for it, just because he could.

Cops were called and he was dealt with, however, the brother and sister then decided to mouth off at my friends over the incident as it 'wasn't his fault' he was high.

They told them they were fools and suddenly 15 (race withheld) turned up armed with tyre irons and baseball bats. Moral of the story, be very careful as you may be dealing with a looney.

On a side note, the same group of people assaulted a local biker, they've been quite well behaved ever since for some reason....
My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Current Ride: Not a falcon, the struggle is real
grandpa_spec_F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2010, 10:35 PM   #36
eb2fairmont
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nothing quite like justice from a harley rider.
eb2fairmont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post