Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 02-04-2006, 07:51 PM   #1
gtfpv
GT

Default What Makes People Be Bad.????

IN THE LAST 5 YEARS I HAVE HAD A LOT OF BAD DONE TO ME !!!! please dont think i am having a whinge but years ago i thought if you do something bad it catches up with you . and if you do good and treat others well then hopefully some people will do you good. now dont think i'm having a whinge , because i try hard not to dwell on things, and always do my best to help people out .i even open doors for people all the time ( not that many acknowledge.
in the last 5 years . someone threw a brick through the rear windscreen of my xr8 smashing th dash and front and rear windscreens. a hose reel stolen from front yard . 10 garden lights stolen from front yard . then again the 10 replacemant lightd stolen 2 weeks later . a broken bird bath stolen from frontt yard . the new BA GT KEYED 2 WEEKS AFTER we bought it. 2 car accidents in one week . both not my fault . the 1st one the guy lied to police and insurance company to make out i caused it . so we both got the blame and both had to make claims . the 2nd one i was hit from behind and the car that hit me done a runner , leaving me injured in the car.last week someone scratched the GT'S BOOTLID in a car park . although it polished out . no worries . and 2 days ago someone stole 2 aluminium tyre caps off the GT in a car park woth about $1 each . . to be honest i wish i could leave $20 out the front or on the windscreen just so the crimes lay off. mate i'd prefer they knocked on the door and asked for a $20 if they're that hard up .i know these are really just petty things and many people have much worse. and most people here probably have just as many stories as me to tell . but . man what is wrong with people these days???

gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2006, 07:57 PM   #2
Aeron
DJR Fan

Some people have no respect for other people things. I have an XR6T and work at a shopping centre, and the number off people that have opened their doors onto my car is a disgrace!! I hate washing my car because when I do, i find more scratches. If I saw them do it, who knows what i'd do to them.
EC 1:51.283
WP 1:10.190

Me Drifting on the Skid Pan **Video**
Aeron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2006, 07:58 PM   #3
eb_5litre
It'll Buff Out.

It could be worse.... you could like holdens.
Old 02-04-2006, 08:02 PM   #4
Aeron
DJR Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb_5litre
It could be worse.... you could like holdens.
When I had my Commodore some b1tch hit my car in the car park and drove off.
EC 1:51.283
WP 1:10.190

Me Drifting on the Skid Pan **Video**
Aeron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2006, 08:08 PM   #5
347_XR8
Slide Baby Slide

That sucks gtfpv. I know sometimes it seems that the world is out tog et ya. I think we all go thru it, i have had several cases were everything bad has happened at once. All ya can do is hold ya head up and work thru it. Without these bad, the good times would seem as sweet as they are

Mr Super Skid-Man
347_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2006, 08:14 PM   #6
42.57lb
Is tuna chicken or fish?

Ever heard of the power of positive thinking? Look into it, I'm sure you'll find plenty of wack jobs that will tell you the more you fear something negative happening to you, the more negative energy you attract and therefore the more bad thins will happen.

I look at it this way:
All cars get scratches in carparks, it's easy to happen and no one wants to write you a note says "oh yeah, I'll just pay for that" because people are (unts.

If the lights got stolen the first time, i'd ask why no one else in teh street has them, and if they do I'd ask why theirs arent being stolen. If it turns out their have been stolen then no on eis victimising you, however it could be that some one is. In which case you set up a thrid lot, watch them all night until the little jap's eye that's taking them comes back for them. Then you take Bertha, your steel head driver and wack them in the nuts, before repeatedly clubbing them in the face.

Maybe someone has a vendetta against you? Maybe you're TOO nice for your own good and people think "sucker".

I try to be nice to people, but then again I try not to let them think that just because I was nice means they can take the ИИИИ.

make off hand comments, like "I'd like to see your insides" and "The only good bunny rabbit is a dead bunny rabbit on the end of my d1ck" and see if you can't resotre the balance to your life.

that's my 2cents!!!
42.57lb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2006, 08:20 PM   #7
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

Its unfortunate but ANYONE with a nice car will always be a target... Tell me Im wrong!!!!!
Im very aware of where i park my car, never had a scratch but i still dont get displacent.
As for the garden stuff, maybe its the area you live or you need a few security lights...
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2006, 09:56 PM   #8
XRQTOR
Banned

Number 1 reason is money, some don't know any other way.
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2006, 10:07 PM   #9
Silhouette AU1 TS50.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42.57lb
I look at it this way:
All cars get scratches in carparks, it's easy to happen and no one wants to write you a note says "oh yeah, I'll just pay for that" because people are (unts.
Not all people. About 6 weeks ago, I returned from the shopping center to find a note on the screen. Someone had backed into the front bar and cracked the number plate cover, slightly bending the plate and two small scuff marks on the bar. I rang the number and thanked them for their honesty, but never asked for money for the repairs/replacement of the cover, even though she insisted. I said I will repair the damage myself. She said that if I shop there often, don't be surprised if I find a envelope on the screen next time, with a little something in it.

Saying that, two days before I was due to swap my XR8 for my TS50 after trade in and final prices had been arranged, I came out from the same shopping center, and almost in the same parking spot, to find someone had keyed the XR8 on both sides.. to the metal!! I'm a firm believer in karma, and those responsible will get theirs.. in time. And if I can some how help make sure they get theirs back.. even better. :evil_laug

PIC'S OF MY
T1 TS50.
12 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2006, 10:07 PM   #10
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by svo347
Its unfortunate but ANYONE with a nice car will always be a target... Tell me Im wrong!!!!!
Im very aware of where i park my car, never had a scratch but i still dont get displacent.

I have to agree with this totally (yes I know, its a first and I am goin to make sure it doesnt happen to often). There are some real nasty critters out there and they are simply jealous of others having some pride in their vehicles and themselves.

Yes you are also right about being careful where to park... Shopping centre car parks, park near or as close as you can to the trolley bay.. seriously, you wont get any damage ever..
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2006, 10:11 PM   #11
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

I can't understand the reason behind keying someones car, i know someone who did it once, when asked why he told me the person owed him money and refused to pay, it was a personal vendetta, what sort of knuckledragger would do this for fun.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2006, 10:12 PM   #12
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
IN THE LAST 5 YEARS I HAVE HAD A LOT OF BAD DONE TO ME !!!! please dont think i am having a whinge but years ago i thought if you do something bad it catches up with you . and if you do good and treat others well then hopefully some people will do you good. now dont think i'm having a whinge , because i try hard not to dwell on things, and always do my best to help people out .i even open doors for people all the time ( not that many acknowledge.
in the last 5 years . someone threw a brick through the rear windscreen of my xr8 smashing th dash and front and rear windscreens. a hose reel stolen from front yard . 10 garden lights stolen from front yard . then again the 10 replacemant lightd stolen 2 weeks later . a broken bird bath stolen from frontt yard . the new BA GT KEYED 2 WEEKS AFTER we bought it. 2 car accidents in one week . both not my fault . the 1st one the guy lied to police and insurance company to make out i caused it . so we both got the blame and both had to make claims . the 2nd one i was hit from behind and the car that hit me done a runner , leaving me injured in the car.last week someone scratched the GT'S BOOTLID in a car park . although it polished out . no worries . and 2 days ago someone stole 2 aluminium tyre caps off the GT in a car park woth about $1 each . . to be honest i wish i could leave $20 out the front or on the windscreen just so the crimes lay off. mate i'd prefer they knocked on the door and asked for a $20 if they're that hard up .i know these are really just petty things and many people have much worse. and most people here probably have just as many stories as me to tell . but . man what is wrong with people these days???
I know what your problem is...... Under your avitar there is a Title called "location" in which you have listed "Sydney".....

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
jabba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2006, 10:19 PM   #13
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yep, its becoming a dog eat dog world out there. Where did all the good people go. Everyone seems to be out to serve their own interests no matter the consequences to others. But occassionally something will happen that restores my faith in humanity, its been a while...
BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2006, 10:35 PM   #14
Paxton
Cobblers!

I'm going to get flamed for this, but here goes:

It all boils down to their upbringing. My Parents brought me, my Brother and my Sister up knowing respect, how to earn it, and also I was taught right from wrong. These people (criminals, vandals etc) rarely (if ever) were disciplined as children, and had no real parental support. My Parents were always there, and if I stepped out of line, punishment ALWAYS resulted. GTFPV, you didn't deserve any of your incidents. Two accidents at all are bad luck, yet two in one week, you should have bought a lotto ticket!

I plan to raise my Children the same way, I don't want to see my children as criminals. I want them to be respectable adults, like all the members here.
Roses are red. Violets are blue. OS X rocks. Homage to you.
Paxton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2006, 10:40 PM   #15
NXT51
not a ford

Some people are real sh*ts. That's just a fact. I reckon that people who know of their 'friends' that do bad sh*t to others should do the right thing and tell them they are being very naughty : . No really, people are getting away with a lot of sh*t these days - maybe not enough decent parenting??

++ edit: hey Paxton, scary - I was typing my message exactly when you were! I agree with you mate!

My crew: www.nxcoupe.com
NXT51 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2006, 10:47 PM   #16
Paxton
Cobblers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NXT51
Some people are real sh*ts. That's just a fact. I reckon that people who know of their 'friends' that do bad sh*t to others should do the right thing and tell them they are being very naughty : . No really, people are getting away with a lot of sh*t these days - maybe not enough decent parenting??
To tack onto what you were saying, people don't realise how important the first year of High School is. It is when you meet your friends, and decide your future. If you mix with the wrong crowd, you're fu(ked. I still speak to my mates from school, and still today spend New Years with them. When you hit the workplace, you see people from all walks of life, and all upbringings. It just goes to show you how different people can be if they 'hang' with the wrong crowd.
Roses are red. Violets are blue. OS X rocks. Homage to you.
Paxton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2006, 10:56 PM   #17
NXT51
not a ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxton
To tack onto what you were saying, people don't realise how important the first year of High School is. It is when you meet your friends, and decide your future. If you mix with the wrong crowd, you're fu(ked. I still speak to my mates from school, and still today spend New Years with them. When you hit the workplace, you see people from all walks of life, and all upbringings. It just goes to show you how different people can be if they 'hang' with the wrong crowd.
Yes I agree. I see people some times being right d*ckheads and I think to myself 'don't they realise what they are doing, that they have no respect' etc. And sadly, I realise, they have no idea - they think it's normal to have no respect...
But anyway, I think gtfpv - what are you going to do? I mean you can't become a tosser just coz others are. Just believe in karma & be thankful for your health and your friends/family - that's really all you can do.

My crew: www.nxcoupe.com
NXT51 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2006, 10:58 PM   #18
Scott

GTFPV - I'd like you to borrow my Faimont for a couple of months.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2006, 11:00 PM   #19
Deadman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeron
When I had my Commodore some b1tch hit my car in the car park and drove off.
Damn it, I still haven't paid her yet ;)

No, that kinda stuff sucks, no matter what car you're driving... Happened to my mates 6 month old Maxima Ti just a few days ago - and it's a dark black car. Following a week where he got a flat tyre and had his car egged late at night by some kids on the side of the road (and the scratches really show up - being a black car).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabba
I know what your problem is...... Under your avitar there is a Title called "location" in which you have listed "Sydney".....
Sad but true. :(

You gotta move to the Sunshine State :Reverend: There's still d***heads around - but less of them and spread over a larger area, so less chance of encountering them on a daily basis.
Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2006, 11:07 PM   #20
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Some prime examples of people not caring about anyone but themselves...
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=43126
BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2006, 11:20 PM   #21
Silhouette AU1 TS50.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourBarrel
Some prime examples of people not caring about anyone but themselves...
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=43126
LOL.. yeah. Thread is titled " How much do your neighbours hate you?" Gees.. I wonder why. :yeees:

PIC'S OF MY
T1 TS50.
12 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2006, 11:23 PM   #22
coyote
Paint Repairs Spoilers

Default Respect

My opinion is that it all comes down to respect, It can not be taught, drummed in or created.
:
Respect is learned , learned from the people we associate with, those that have influence from or with.

In my case it was scouting, the attitudes that were expressed by the leaders and the kids that I grew up with, are with me today. I was always taught to respect other peoples property as if it were my own, but the attitude I see today is that many do not even respect their own or for that matter themselves.

How we get away from the, it's all about me brigade, the society owes me crowd, I do not know, but I am sure it begins with parents guiding their kids, and the kids knowing right from wrong.

Peer group pressure is a strong force and I have seen good kids make bad decisions because they have not thought the consequences through throughly enough.

I think the lesson could be to understand cause and effect, what will the results be of my actions, and instill that in our kids
:
My 5c worth

Ps do you know where your kids are Right NOW
Old 02-04-2006, 11:24 PM   #23
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

It is easy to think bad when all sorts of ИИИИ happens to you. I deal with all the bad stuff almost every minute of my working day. I am pleased to announce though there are some bloody good people out there. Some that will do anything to help you out and expect nothing in return. these people are rare. if you find them treasure them. I believe there are some damn good people on this forum also. And what is better is that they like and drive decent cars!!!!!
Redrum is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2006, 11:24 PM   #24
XT221
Blue Blooded

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxton
I'm going to get flamed for this, but here goes:

It all boils down to their upbringing. My Parents brought me, my Brother and my Sister up knowing respect, how to earn it, and also I was taught right from wrong. These people (criminals, vandals etc) rarely (if ever) were disciplined as children, and had no real parental support. My Parents were always there, and if I stepped out of line, punishment ALWAYS resulted. GTFPV, you didn't deserve any of your incidents. Two accidents at all are bad luck, yet two in one week, you should have bought a lotto ticket!

I plan to raise my Children the same way, I don't want to see my children as criminals. I want them to be respectable adults, like all the members here.
Man you took the words right outta my mouth ,Your 100% CORRECT.....!!!!!!
XT221 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2006, 11:30 PM   #25
Barry_v
rocknrolla

well i hope someone got a lot of pleasure from throwing that egg, because ive been pretty depressed today. life sometimes does random bad things to you, but you get over it. doesnt mean you have to like it though.

Barry_v is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2006, 12:47 AM   #26
Ultimate
Pimp Daddy Pimp Pimp

Location: Queensland Events Assistant Co-Ordinator. Fiery's Little Helper

omfg i would find that person and ring there neck
---------------------------------------------------
AFF Merchandise

Excellent Purchases With: AFF Team, Rooster, Russ
Ultimate is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2006, 01:03 AM   #27
NC 5ltr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

MY 2c

Quite simply i think it comes down to jealousy.

people who dont like others having better things than themselves so they vandlise them.

these people should be shot-up with ajax as they cant respect other peoples property ,they cant respect themselves.

QUOTE What makes you think I'm going to park behind a VE? I don't even attend the Sydney Gay Mardi Gras! QUOTE
NC 5ltr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2006, 01:06 AM   #28
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
to be honest i wish i could leave $20 out the front or on the windscreen just so the crimes lay off. mate i'd prefer they knocked on the door and asked for a $20 if they're that hard up .
Then they'd take the $20 and still steal your stuff.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2006, 01:09 AM   #29
Ultimate
Pimp Daddy Pimp Pimp

Location: Queensland Events Assistant Co-Ordinator. Fiery's Little Helper

Yes so true. I know of a few people that took a certain person in and they ripped them off for everything including family items which been in the family for over 80years
---------------------------------------------------
AFF Merchandise

Excellent Purchases With: AFF Team, Rooster, Russ
Ultimate is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2006, 01:31 AM   #30
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Sydney is a bad place ... thank goodness I moved out of the metro area ... it has been getting worse and worse lately though.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post