Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 14-10-2011, 11:13 AM   #1
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

Default Factory Sound System Info.

Morning all,

As crazy as I am, I love the Factory sound systems & was wondering about the level of interchangeability there is in Series 1 units.

Does the Double DIN (non-premium) tape deck found in a Futura have the connector for the 6 stacker that goes in the boot?

I want to avoid wiring modifications, which is why Ive chosen to not use a Premium Deck (as theyre wired for 6 speakers, as opposed to 4).
But hey, if they are indeed 100% compatible with a non-premo wiring harness without modification, then I guess theyll make-do as well

SSD-85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2011, 11:21 AM   #2
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 
Default Re: Factory Sound System Info.

I had an AUI Classic that had a button on it for the CD stacker the same as the Premo sound in my AUI Ghia had. Only the ghia actually had the stacker though.
Old 14-10-2011, 11:24 AM   #3
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

You could always just pop it out and have a look. : : Sorry, being a smart a$$. I guess the defining clue would be if there's a spare plug floating around under the parcel tray in the boot where a stacker would plug in. If it's there it'd be a fair assumption that the plug into the head unit would be wired for it..... but I imagine you'd still need the premium head unit to work the stacker.

Bushbasher

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2011, 11:25 AM   #4
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

Wonderful Mr Hardware. Thanks Also, regarding the security system on stackers, does that prevent them from being used on a different head unit to the one they came with?

@ bushbasher, I dont have one in my possession at present Its a part of my dream factory sound setup (yes weird isnt it?)
Old 14-10-2011, 11:32 AM   #5
robbyj
Rob

would you really hate an aftermarket h/u and cd stacker that much? it could save a lot of messing around and probably money.
robbyj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2011, 11:33 AM   #6
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

LOL, hey, I'm with you mate, I like my factory sound system in the Fairlane. I just need to get a slimline sub to put back in now that the LPG tank is on the boot. I'll get around to it one day. Unlike most under 35s' I don't feel the need to have stereo races and let everyone for 500m around me know that my fooly sick boot sub is rattling my windows.

Bushbasher

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Old 14-10-2011, 11:43 AM   #7
Donny
Tickford 220kw Windsor...

I cant speak for series 1, but in my series 3 XR8 I have updated it to premium sound.
I found the constant power wires/grounds were still there for the amp and there were extra wires into the back of the headunit that did nothing as mine had the standard 1 cd, no tape deck unit.
The wires to hook the sub up were there, just hanging loose, as was the tweeter wires in the A pillar. The only missing part was (from what I can gather) a 2 peice wiring kit that basically hooked up the low level audio out cables to the amp and the sterio on 12 volt amp trigger switch wire from the head unit, which according to the wiring for the prem sound in AU3 is all on a seperate plug/sub loom kit that wasnt there in mine and has a seperate plug in part into the premmy head unit.
Could be a good possibility that a similar amount of the loom is there to update your series 1 setup to premium with only a few addons at the most.

Donny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2011, 11:55 AM   #8
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbasher
my fooly sick boot sub is rattling my windows. numberplate.
FTFY.
Old 14-10-2011, 11:58 AM   #9
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware
FTFY.
Pedant

MINE- AUII Forte

Old 14-10-2011, 12:32 PM   #10
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobuleh
would you really hate an aftermarket h/u and cd stacker that much? it could save a lot of messing around and probably money.
Yes I would hate it aftermarket HUs look terrible sitting in the AUs dash (and yes ive seen the pics of setups guys have here). But its just my opinion/preference.

I just love the look of the factory systems & am quite satisfied with the quality of sound they produce.