Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 08-02-2013, 03:40 PM   #1
Frayin
Starter Motor

Default Fpv gt or f6 please help

Well in 9 months time I'm going to make the biggest choice of my life which I'm sure impacts some or most of you every year !!! Okay here goes....

Fpv gt or f6 ... Things to take into consideration. I'm 18 can only afford to pay $55,000, do I get a near new (under 25,000kms) 2010+ year model. Is $55,000 enough? Will the dealer jizz and lower the price ? And finally thanks very much haha! This is my first post and really really need some help lol.

P.s does fpv been handed to ford impact the prices now or late this year ?(December)

Frayin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2013, 03:47 PM   #2
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 
Default Re: Fpv gt or f6 please help

To be honest your asking the questions a bit early if your planning on buying in 9 months time.

If you wait till early 2014 you should get a 2012 GT with 20,000 kms on it for around the money your talking.

GT over the F6..... I love the F6 but there's no substitute for the V8 rumble.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 08-02-2013, 03:50 PM   #3
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'll sound like your dad here.

Buy a $15K XR6 and buy a unit and rent it out.

I wish I did that when I was 18 instead of blowing cash on cars..
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2013, 03:52 PM   #4
Frayin
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASH GT View Post
To be honest your asking the questions a bit early if your planning on buying in 9 months time.

If you wait till early 2014 you should get a 2012 GT with 20,000 kms on it for around the money your talking.

GT over the F6..... I love the F6 but there's no substitute for the V8 rumble.
Ahhh thanks very much! Btw I very much agree with the Pre mature thoughts haha. It would be amazing to get a 2012 335 for 55k in 014.

In retrospect is it true 335 bosses are actually churning 350+ not modded? (Under badging)
Old 08-02-2013, 03:55 PM   #5
Frayin
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post

Haha you actually sound like my misses haha! But yes that is what we are considering hence it is a very Pre mature question. Thanks for th advice though defiantly something to think about.
Old 08-02-2013, 03:55 PM   #6
Dave R

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Valued contributor especially in the FG threads. Offers help and information to all. Posts are always in a positive manner. 

You could amost get a brand new F6 for 55k, drive both and decide which you like better, jet engine induction sound or V8 note, always-there V8 linear power or F6's slingshot of torque.

For what they are asking the F6 is better value.
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 08-02-2013, 03:58 PM   #7
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline View Post
You could amost get a brand new F6 for 55k, drive both and decide which you like better, jet engine induction sound or V8 note, always-there V8 linear power or F6's slingshot of torque.

For what they are asking the F6 is better value.
I agree..

The price of F6's is just crazy... Its 2004 XR6 Turbo luxury pack money.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2013, 03:58 PM   #8
Frayin
Starter Motor

Oh @ Stefan I only just got what you mean. Well fortunately we are very lucky my partners dad has actually allowed us to buy his house. We just laid down a 50k deposit and are paying very cheap mortgage on it. As it's the house she would inherit, so it comes its pros and cons.
Old 08-02-2013, 04:02 PM   #9
Frayin
Starter Motor

Gosh so much to take into consideration now haha!! I love jet stream sound but I love v8 idling. Bang for buck is defiantly the main factor ATM. So far rational feelings f6>gt. personal feelings however gt>f6
Old 08-02-2013, 04:12 PM   #10
Winter XR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Lane Ford in Mandurah WA have a 2010 GT 335 for $54 990 at the moment. Not sure how many k's are on it though.
Winter XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2013, 04:16 PM   #11
Frayin
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter XR8 View Post
Lane Ford in Mandurah WA have a 2010 GT 335 for $54 990 at the moment. Not sure how many k's are on it though.
Awh ill try find it online and give it a look. Do you know if its the 335 or the 315 ?
Old 08-02-2013, 04:20 PM   #12
Frayin
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter XR8 View Post
Awh ill try find it online and give it a look. Do you know if its the 335 or the 315 ?

Update: found it its a sunburst orange color. 7,000 Kms (amazing) 335 with all extras. Wish I could buy it now I just put my 50k savings on a house deposit. Will take another year to save that much hence my Pre mature question. However I am defiantly going to get this cars details out as I think it's a bargain!

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/de...0&sort=default
Old 08-02-2013, 04:20 PM   #13
comagutsa
Pethy FG XR8 Ute

wish i had $55k to spend when i was 18

but get something small and start from there XR6T or XR8 (cheaper running costs, insurance etc) for a few years and go from there ...
now fitted with Koya Inox R1's, the rears are 20x10 with a 40mm offset and the fronts are 20x8.5 with a 35mm offset

total of 285.5 rwkw and 642nm
when Herrod cams in 290rwkw

GSXR 750K7 with goodies, dyno'd 136rwhp,
10.567sec for the strip
comagutsa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 08-02-2013, 04:25 PM   #14
sbutler
335 kw of goodness

Does this anwser your question??
http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/de...&sort=%7ePrice
OR>>>
http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d...&sort=%7ePrice

2012 GTP 213 black what was I thinking? NOW FOR SALE>>
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11439680
sbutler is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2013, 04:28 PM   #15
Frayin
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by comagutsa View Post

but get something small and start from there XR6T or XR8 (cheaper running costs, insurance etc) for a few years and go from there ...
On admission I am in all honesty terrified of 315kw let a lone the 335 which I have contemplated on so starting on the 270 could very well be my choice. Thnks for brining that back to mind.
Old 08-02-2013, 05:28 PM   #16
Powdered Toast Man
Professional Mouse Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by comagutsa View Post
I'm with you. I would have been happy with $5K when I was 18, I didnt even have that. Hell I dont have 55K for a car now and I'm in my 30s. Did just buy a house though..

As for F6 vs GT, depends on whether you are a V8 lover or not. If you love the sound of a bent 8 (like me) then there is no substitute. If its not an issue I would suggest driving each as I bet they each have a different personality in how they develop their power and torque.

Probably still too early for runout prices before the new model lobs in 2014.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana. Groucho Marx
Powdered Toast Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2013, 05:34 PM   #17
Frayin
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powdered Toast Man View Post
I'm with you. I would have been happy with $5K when I was 18, I didnt even have that. Hell I dont have 55K for a car now and I'm in my 30s. Did just buy a house though..

As for F6 vs GT, depends on whether you are a V8 lover or not. If you love the sound of a bent 8 (like me) then there is no substitute. If its not an issue I would suggest driving each as I bet they each have a different personality in how they develop their power and torque.

Probably still too early for runout prices before the new model lobs in 2014.
Yeah I realise how fortunate I am to have this amount of money but it stemmed from hard savings from myself and my partner. Will be 19 at the time of purchase if that helps lol. Also fpv is possibly releasing something soon (probably 2014). there was a teaser picture stating ' this is/will be a very special car. But this is not a new model' possible xr8 or falcon gt? Or just the first ford fpv. Who knows but this adds to this list of possible candidates lol. Anyone wanna add there 2c on it?
Old 08-02-2013, 05:54 PM   #18
superfly
Go the Hogster!

Are you allowed to drive these cars on your P's?

Personally I'd go for a F6 (even though I love the V8 rumble!). Mainly due to it being a quick car and rego is cheaper here in Qld.

Another thing you should check is how much your insurance will cost you before you commit.
Old 08-02-2013, 06:00 PM   #19
Frayin
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfly View Post
Are you allowed to drive these cars on your P's?

Personally I'd go for a F6 (even though I love the V8 rumble!). Mainly due to it being a quick car and rego is cheaper here in Qld.

Another thing you should check is how much your insurance will cost you before you commit.
Yeh I live in Perth no laws restrict engine power here. Also insurance is around $149-$159 a month
Old 08-02-2013, 09:51 PM   #20
Boza
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

wish I had that sort of money back in the day when I got my license back then for that sort of coin I could of bought a t2 ts or te
Boza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2013, 10:01 PM   #21
GTPete
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Before you buy, get an insurance quote on both, that might help you make your mind up. Especially if you plan to mod the car or buy a modded one.

Just saw the above post on insurance, not too bad considering your age.
GTPete is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2013, 10:03 PM   #22
sbutler
335 kw of goodness

Either of the turbo's F6 or XR6 are deadly in the wrong hands. So think very long & hard what you get..IMO

2012 GTP 213 black what was I thinking? NOW FOR SALE>>
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11439680
sbutler is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2013, 10:07 PM   #23
XR6T0Y
Half brain dead already

My view - don't get it yet. To much power for experience + how the hell do you have that much money when you're 18???

BOT - Gt

Running tuned at 191.3rwkw with 475nm Torque
Pacemaker PH4490 + Hiflo Pacemaker cat/catpipe + Xforce 2.5' catback into dual pipes after Diff.
FG Manifold + Herrod airbox + 20% underdrive +Hi flow thermostat + 26mm radiator and Weapon X coils!
Now rolling on staggered Matte black Lesnso D1R's
NOW MANUAL!
Shockwave Blue!
More to come

Now the proud owner of a '97 NL Fairlane

XR6T0Y is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2013, 10:20 PM   #24
El Jay
Starter Motor

Do you want the best performance for your dollar, or is the sound and driving experience more important to you? Your preference would dictate which way you went.
In any case, as everyone else has stated have a good hard think about if you want to put down such a large amount of cash down on a car. I like you am a young male who would love nothing more than to own one of these fine beasts; but consider you could put half of that to a nice car and the other half to investments. This way you get the best of both worlds and could ease in to the realm of high powered cars gradually, buying into FPV vehicles later in life.
El Jay is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2013, 10:37 PM   #25
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Take it from someone who spent ~$60K on a brand spankers F6 at 21...

Do I love it? Of course... but after a year you'll start to wonder why you didn't drop the coin into investments instead... I certainly would have given the current market.

If you are in a position to drop that kind of coin on a car then you're ALSO in a position to give yourself a HUGE financial head start compared to most other blokes your age.

A mate of mine saved instead of buying the shiny, he's now owned his house for 2 years and I'm still renting.

I realize that you're already in a house but do you REALLY want all your disposable income funneled into an asset that will only (90% of the time) depreciate?

Hindsight is ALWAYS 20/20, if I had sense I would have kept my "old" (8 years) V8 and run it into the ground.
My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Current Ride: Not a falcon, the struggle is real

Last edited by grandpa_spec_F6; 08-02-2013 at 10:44 PM.
grandpa_spec_F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2013, 10:44 PM   #26
jmac

I have a thread in here started about a month ago with the same question, I made my decision and Ive had my F6 for three weeks now..

Low kay MKii demo, leather, auto for 57k drive away.

They are different beasts, you need to drive both to make a decision!

In regards to house vs car, assess your needs and make a decision... we obviously dont know your situation but if you are comfortable where you are so be it.

Ive been there, and owned two new cars in 5 years.. and I would do the same again. Its something you should do at least once in a lifetime - though with twins on the way ask me again in 12 months LMAO!

Mazda 3 MPS Aurora Blue Gone :(
-=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=- (198Kw/466NM ATW)
jmac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2013, 07:09 PM   #27
jamies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post

Best advice on here... cars are like disease once you start you can't stop before you know it 'BANG' you've poured thousands into them..... But if I was you i'd test drive both and then make your mind up and as someone else said get insurance quotes.
jamies is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2013, 07:27 PM   #28
Super Roo 1970
Windsor=Screamer

With 55k, Id spend 10k on an older XR6 or XR8 daily and then buy an old school XA or XB GT.
At least neither of the choices above will kill you with depreciation the moment you buy them. Look at BA GT's, they were close to 90k retail on the road and you can now get em for around 20k or less.
The old school muscle will give you a hell of a rush as a weekender and be supa cool where as the modern one will just become like a daily shopping trolley and believe me the novelty wears off pretty quickly when you drive em every day.
Super Roo 1970 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2013, 07:52 PM   #29
FalconXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Where's the pole ?

GT for sho !

Then again, if I was 18 with $55k to burn I would buy an EL XR8 and throw the rest at a property !
FalconXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2013, 08:46 PM   #30
AndyXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Surely insurance companies won't insure a 18/19 yr old in a new FPV??
I'm with a few of the others in saying secure a house first then go for a car. Even if you consider a XR6T or GS 315. They are both fast cars and take little modding to be just as quick as a F6 or GT. Although you do miss out on the visual extras and what not.

But otherwise I reckon go the GT 335. Just has a better street presence about it IMO
AndyXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post