Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria > FPV & XR Club of Victoria Discussions

FPV & XR Club of Victoria Discussions FPV & XR Club of Victoria Discussions

Old 22-08-2007, 10:32 AM   #1
KLR747
Starter Motor

Default XR6T feedback

Hi Guys

New to the forum and in the market for and xr6 turbo.
After having owned 6 holdens im now in the market for a ford.
Ive always loved the xr6 turbo from day 1 and am now in the market for one.

Well ive been on carsales having a browse at whats around and have come to the conclusion i want a BA MK2 XR6T 6spd.

Now i dont know much about fords so i would like some constructive critisism as to the good and bad points on these cars, and what i should be looking out for when i go to look at one, i.e, common problems, general wear and tear etc.

This will be my daily driver for a while, with the only mod for the time being will be exhaust and maybe a bigger cooler to set my self-up for future plans.

Now i read somewhere that the standard rods are only good till around 300kw?? unsure of whether thats at the engine or rear wheels?

Also what exhaust should i be running? Most ive seen on car sales are 3.5" turbo back. I want to do it right the first time so im prepared to pay the extra for the best items.

Any feedback would be great

Cheers

Paul

KLR747 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2007, 03:25 PM   #2
Grasshoppr
GTI ist ehrfürchtig

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLR747
Hi Guys

New to the forum and in the market for and xr6 turbo.
After having owned 6 holdens im now in the market for a ford.
Ive always loved the xr6 turbo from day 1 and am now in the market for one.

Well ive been on carsales having a browse at whats around and have come to the conclusion i want a BA MK2 XR6T 6spd.

Now i dont know much about fords so i would like some constructive critisism as to the good and bad points on these cars, and what i should be looking out for when i go to look at one, i.e, common problems, general wear and tear etc.

This will be my daily driver for a while, with the only mod for the time being will be exhaust and maybe a bigger cooler to set my self-up for future plans.

Now i read somewhere that the standard rods are only good till around 300kw?? unsure of whether thats at the engine or rear wheels?

Also what exhaust should i be running? Most ive seen on car sales are 3.5" turbo back. I want to do it right the first time so im prepared to pay the extra for the best items.

Any feedback would be great

Cheers

Paul
Hi Paul,

Most of the information that you are requesting can be found in the XR6T anf F6 section of this forums, they have many threads relating to power and mods to these cars. The 300kw would be rear wheel kw.

In regards to general problems, with the MK2 there are not a whole lot of major issues to deal with, just be careful around the power steering if yuo are stationery and turn the wheel you wil hear a shuddering sound if there are issues and maybe just check that the rear brake issues has been corrected. Other than that just check for the usual things when purchasing a car.

You will love the XR6T as its a great car at a good price, especially if you want to go down the modification path.

Good luck and make sure you check out the XR6T and F6 section on the forums and speak to some of the site sponsors for any work you would like completed.

Our Events cater for all types of people.
Grasshoppr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2007, 03:42 PM   #3
KLR747
Starter Motor

Thanks BLKPhoon ill be sure to check it out
KLR747 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post