Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria > FPV & XR Club of Victoria Discussions

FPV & XR Club of Victoria Discussions FPV & XR Club of Victoria Discussions

Old 29-10-2007, 11:23 PM   #1
GTP290

Default premium sound?

this is my first post, i have just purchased a gtp with leather and electrc sunroof. as i understand it there was only one other option which is premium sound. I know the premium sound option consisted of an amp and subwoofer, but i dont know where the amp would be placed? i have a centre speaker grille in the rear parcel shelf, but i dont think its a subwoofer. If anyone knows for sure about the premium sound option could you let me know..cheers

GTP290 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2007, 11:34 PM   #2
AUXRVIII
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There is usually a subwoofer under the centre speaker cover, to check if it's there you can pull down part of the trim in the boot under the parcel shelf. The amp is located behind the side trim in the boot, L/H side.
AUXRVIII is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2007, 01:02 AM   #3
nickd
Passionate Ford XD XE nut

welcome to the site champ,

enjoy and show us some pics

oh

wat colour combo?
nickd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2007, 11:09 PM   #4
FTGAutosalvage
Commercial Sponsor

does it have the TFT screen in the front or just a green screen .
this is the easiest way to tell. TFT screen is black when turned of. this is only fitted with premo sound. If its a green screen (green when on or off) this is fitted to cars with climate control but no premo sound.
I hope this makes sense
FTGAutosalvage is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2007, 09:55 PM   #5
GTP290

thanks for the welcome and the replies. yeah the screen is definatley black
and it has got a bulge in the l/h side of the inner boot lining(i assume its an amp under the carpet).
the car is all original with 46000 kms and its mecury in colour with black stripes( no bonnet stripes as it is an 03 model). I thought about putting bonnet stripes but i chose against it because everyone does it so it will be a novelty to keep it original and bonnet stripe free!
i was incorrect about the options to, sat nav was another option but mines missed out on that.
GTP290 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2007, 05:51 PM   #6
nickd

its funny you say that cause they take the sat nav out!!!
cost around 3k new and majority of new gt owners sell their cars without them so they can put into their newer model.
hope this helps.
Old 21-11-2007, 05:16 PM   #7
FTGAutosalvage
Commercial Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdnickd
its funny you say that cause they take the sat nav out!!!
cost around 3k new and majority of new gt owners sell their cars without them so they can put into their newer model.
hope this helps.
lot of mucking around to get the factory kit out. for the 3k on top of a new car. most wouldnt bother
FTGAutosalvage is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2007, 01:15 AM   #8
nickd

I know ita an old thread, do these sell second hand?