Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 16-09-2009, 01:32 PM   #1
peachey80
Nothing stays standard !!

Default Anyone done the V8 track days at Norwell Park on the gold coast ?

Hey guys,
As the title says, I'm taking the family up to the gold coast soon, and was looking at this....
http://www.adrenalin.com.au/v8-super...torsport/12642
But I can't find anything about it, ie; track setup / length and car specs.
Anyone been ?

Thanks !

Project Car : XA Coupe : XA Project
peachey80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2009, 02:31 PM   #2
xr6turboford

That place is Paul Morris Motor sports. Good fun if you do the drive but don't bother with the hot laps its only a SS VE with very very used slicks on it. Heres the link http://www.v8superschool.com.au/ Have fun.
xr6turboford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2009, 06:38 PM   #3
peachey80
Nothing stays standard !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr6turboford
That place is Paul Morris Motor sports. Good fun if you do the drive but don't bother with the hot laps its only a SS VE with very very used slicks on it. Heres the link http://www.v8superschool.com.au/ Have fun.

Ah cool, thanks mate.
Might give them a call. If I go I want to be steering !! None of this passenger crap :

Have you done the laps there ?

Project Car : XA Coupe : XA Project
peachey80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2009, 07:45 PM   #4
Wally
XP Coupe

While you're in the area you can do the skidpan at the Holden test centre, the Tiger Moth joy flights, the Subaru dirt track.
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2009, 07:48 PM   #5
f1tzy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ive done the driving laps there mate and its brilliant fun. The sheer grip they have feels like its going to rip your face off and thats before the instructor takes you for a hotlap at the end of the day oh my god. Go for it mate
f1tzy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2009, 09:36 AM   #6
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachey80
Ah cool, thanks mate.
Might give them a call. If I go I want to be steering !! None of this passenger crap :

Have you done the laps there ?

I was given laps there as a birthday present by my well meaning wife. If you haven't driven a quick car or if you haven't done track work on slicks you will find it entertaining.

As I drive an F6 and I use slicks on track days I found it a bit of a bore. When the instructor asked how I liked it, I told him it didn't have any grunt (Commodore). He then asked what my road car was and when I told him he just said ..."right!"
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post