Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 19-07-2011, 01:39 PM   #1
Lewy

Default 2011 Fiesta Zetec

Gday all,

Just picked up our new Zetec diesel.. What a great little car. Very good on diesel and a pleasure to drive in fact it drives a lot nicer and handles better than our xr8 ute.. The sound system is great!!! and its comfy as to be in.

In all honesty I dont think Ill be buying another Falcon again as the built quality is just crap IMO

Lewy

Old 19-07-2011, 01:52 PM   #2
trumpy73

Default Re: 2011 Fiesta Zetec

LOL you've been 'de-boganised'

Congrats on the car... looks good!
trumpy73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2011, 04:51 PM   #3
Lewy

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpy73
LOL you've been 'de-boganised'

Congrats on the car... looks good!

LOL Yer cheers Trumpy!!!..

Don't get me wrong I loved the power of the ute! But no one can argue that they are poorly built.. We only did 30,000 km in the XR and so many things started to go wrong its not funny and Its not the first falcon we have owned.. I would want to hope that the FGs are built a little better..

This is the first little car we have ever owned. We have always had falcons and yet this is the first car that we have been overly happy with.. Despite every one winging that its built in Thailand. Its been done very well maybe ford Australia should take a few lessons from them lol
Old 19-07-2011, 05:42 PM   #4
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Very nice! I didn't realize you could get diesel in a zetec?

I'm really impressed with the WS-WT Fiestas and will get one as a daily eventually. Awesome car for the money!
LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2011, 05:57 PM   #5
Lewy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeadFoot81
Very nice! I didn't realize you could get diesel in a zetec?

I'm really impressed with the WS-WT Fiestas and will get one as a daily eventually. Awesome car for the money!
Cheers LeadFoot,

The diesel Zetec only came out this year

Lewy
Old 19-07-2011, 06:42 PM   #6
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Good to see another diesel here. Will be interesting to see what economy you get out of yours.... Heaps of threads in here for the new WS-WT fez's to keep you busy
GoesLikeAZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2011, 06:48 PM   #7
Lewy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoesLikeAZetec
Good to see another diesel here. Will be interesting to see what economy you get out of yours.... Heaps of threads in here for the new WS-WT fez's to keep you busy

So far we have got 4.9 but I'm sure that will come down as the motor gets looser and run in

Lewy
Old 20-07-2011, 12:11 AM   #8
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewy
Cheers LeadFoot,

The diesel Zetec only came out this year

Lewy
Do you know if it's the same diesel engine as the Econetic?
Old 20-07-2011, 07:56 AM   #9
Lewy

Quote:
Do you know if it's the same diesel engine as the Econetic?

Yes it is the same one only newer.. What made the Eco so good on fuel was the tinny skinny wheels no spear tyre it was also lower and had half the cool stuff in it lol to make it very light.. They no longer make the Eco as it failed to sell....
Old 20-07-2011, 01:55 PM   #10
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Yeah I've considered the Econetic but they look so plain, and I wanted the extra fruit!
Zetec plus diesel is exactly what I'd like! If only they still did offered the 3 door in Oz, it'd be perfect!
Old 20-07-2011, 09:56 PM   #11
Foobar
Irregular Member

Quote:
So far we have got 4.9 but I'm sure that will come down as the motor gets looser and run in

Lewy
I've got a LX WT and after 3500 k's, mine has settled in at 4.3 avg speed of 44kph. Highway only would be stellar, should crack 1K per tank I reckon.
Foobar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-07-2011, 08:32 AM   #12
Lewy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foobar
I've got a LX WT and after 3500 k's, mine has settled in at 4.3 avg speed of 44kph. Highway only would be stellar, should crack 1K per tank I reckon.
Dame that's excellent!! Well considering we do 250km a day up and down the Warrego hwy I can see us getting it that low too..
Old 21-07-2011, 10:48 AM   #13
Foobar
Irregular Member

Quote:
Dame that's excellent!! Well considering we do 250km a day up and down the Warrego hwy I can see us getting it that low too..
I had a BA XR6T before the Fez, I've really had to adjust my driving style. There's absolutely no point trying to wring performance out of the diesel, all the torque is down low and you'll want to be shifting well before 3K most of the time. Take it easy and I reckon you'll get to low 4's, maybe even high 3's easy with the highway driving.

I've been quite surprised by how drivable the TDCi has been but I really do miss my BA at times. The electric steering was interesting to get used to, so damn light yet I still seem to 'feel' everything through the wheel which is great.

I'd highly recommend that anyone looking at a Fiesta not dismiss the diesel without giving it a drive - seriously.
Old 21-07-2011, 12:50 PM   #14
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Quote:
I had a BA XR6T before the Fez, I've really had to adjust my driving style. There's absolutely no point trying to wring performance out of the diesel, all the torque is down low and you'll want to be shifting well before 3K most of the time. Take it easy and I reckon you'll get to low 4's, maybe even high 3's easy with the highway driving.

I've been quite surprised by how drivable the TDCi has been but I really do miss my BA at times. The electric steering was interesting to get used to, so damn light yet I still seem to 'feel' everything through the wheel which is great.
I'd highly recommend that anyone looking at a Fiesta not dismiss the diesel without giving it a drive - seriously.
Is it just the BA's power that you miss, or is there anything else that the Fiesta doesn't do quite as well?

For me, the way my Mrs' Fiesta Zetec steers is a highlight, so smooth and light yet you still get a feel for the road.
Old 21-07-2011, 05:27 PM   #15
Lewy

Well I do miss the power of the XR8! lol We just found a oil leak and its coming from the turbo so we took it back and they are fixing it. They gave me a zetec petrol auto and well let me tell you Im soooo happy i got the diesel as the petrol auto is always chasing gears and I reckon it doesn't have the power or get up and go of the manual diesel.

Last edited by Lewy; 21-07-2011 at 05:35 PM.
Lewy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-07-2011, 07:05 PM   #16
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What happened with the oil leak? Hope nothing major.
Old 21-07-2011, 07:32 PM   #17
Lewy

Quote:
What happened with the oil leak? Hope nothing major.

Well from what they told me its a manufacturer erorr in the fitment of the oil pipe inlet to the turbo and its squerting oil on to the underside of the bonnet. So they have to get the part in from Melbourne. Im not at all worried these things happen and they are more than apologetic and have been really helpful. But not happy about having the little petrol puss bucket for the weekend but happy to still have a car lol
Old 21-07-2011, 09:35 PM   #18
Caydus

Yea, i dont think i could ever buy a car after this where it doesn't have electric PS. The lightness is great when parking and the wheel stiffens up for highway speeds so it's less tiring to keep the car in a straight line (handy if you're driving 1,000kms in one day).
Going back to my old Corolla is pretty shocking with the steering. Stiff in a carpark, and wobbly and light on the highway. Exaclty the opposite of what's needed. Felt great before, now just feels antiquated.
Caydus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-07-2011, 10:06 PM   #19
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No auto in diesel ??? I know manual gives better fuel economy but some of us like to drive slush boxes !! might cost a few sales????
Old 22-07-2011, 07:47 AM   #20
Lewy

They have released a 6 speed auto. Don't no if it will go in to the diesel? But as for the 4 speed one I dont like it at all
Old 23-07-2011, 03:46 PM   #21
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

looking at the specs the econetic also had a taller final drive, i`m a bit surprised they don`t offer a 6 speed manual, perhaps it may be a bit much to expect the little engine to hold a taller over drive,
or ..............they are are holding an ace for next model increase in economy yet again, from what i have read the econetic had a shift light on the dash to maximise economy, do the other diesel models have this feature as well??
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2011, 06:57 PM   #22
Lewy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik
looking at the specs the econetic also had a taller final drive, i`m a bit surprised they don`t offer a 6 speed manual, perhaps it may be a bit much to expect the little engine to hold a taller over drive,
or ..............they are are holding an ace for next model increase in economy yet again, from what i have read the econetic had a shift light on the dash to maximise economy, do the other diesel models have this feature as well??
Well my diesel Zetec doesn't have the shift light but a 09 model petrol zetec I test drove did and the 2010 model I got ATM petrol doesn't have it.. So I'm guessing its something they put in them up till 09???
Old 23-07-2011, 08:58 PM   #23
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

would be great to see a standing start run with a diesel and petrol fez and also a rolling run just to see how much difference the torque makes at speed!

do you notice any lag at all?
Old 24-07-2011, 01:50 PM   #24
Foobar
Irregular Member

Quote:
Is it just the BA's power that you miss, or is there anything else that the Fiesta doesn't do quite as well?
Power is certainly the main thing I miss, I used to love the moment when some tw@ would come up on my left hand side at a set of lights and attempt to get in front of me before the lane ran out. Not once were they successful and not once did I ever have to break the law in their moment of fail.

I also fit into the BA a bit better than the wee Fez, also miss the 6spd box but I think that's about it really.
Old 24-07-2011, 02:00 PM   #25
Lewy

Quote:
Power is certainly the main thing I miss, I used to love the moment when some tw@ would come up on my left hand side at a set of lights and attempt to get in front of me before the lane ran out. Not once were they successful and not once did I ever have to break the law in their moment of fail.

I also fit into the BA a bit better than the wee Fez, also miss the 6spd box but I think that's about it really.
Yer got to agree with you there..

Quote:
would be great to see a standing start run with a diesel and petrol fez and also a rolling run just to see how much difference the torque makes at speed!

do you notice any lag at all?
Na there is no lag what so ever lol