Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 20-06-2006, 06:03 PM   #1
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Default CD Radio Diagnostics

I see in the technical resource section that the AU CD tuners have some features which interest me, and I want to know how to access them.

1. Clock on/off
2. Diagnostics.

If someone could shed some light on this, that would be great.

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2006, 10:25 AM   #2
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

To access the diagnostics mode with the Ford indash 6cd stacker/radio do the following:

1/Insert key in ignition and turn to accessories position.
2/Stick you finger up your nose and press the mode button on the radio at the same time .

lol. na sorry i wouldn;t have a clue !

I have tried pressing just about every combination of buttons under the sun , with the headunit on , and while turning the headunit on ( pressing all sorts of combinations and entering codes ).

Im thinking maybe its a certian 4 digit # code you enter instead of entering your factory code to restart the radio after the battery has been disconected .

.... or maybe ..

I noticed when i had the radio out the other day (indash 6cd/radio) , i pulled it apart to have a look at changing the colour of the lighting in it , anyway ... when you remove the front face panel of the headunit there is 2 white connections at the bottom on the inner side , at the top of the face on the back on the pcb is like a small flat metal tab that shorts across to the pcb when the face is clipped back on.
Looking at this tab its either / a device which just tells the radio its clipped back together propperlly and ready to go /or/ just an + or earth that is completed in the circuit when the front is clipped back on /or/ it maybe something to do with a security/diagnostics feature ? . I was almost going to try fire it up the other day withou the tab in there just to see when happens ( it might usually work as a lock to stop access to diagnostics mode ! ? ). Just made me curious as the 2 white connections at the bottom on the back of the face seems to have heaps of conntacts in each plug , and looking close seemed to be powering everything on the face of the radio , and the tab was right at the top of the board by itself , and is removable ( only 1 screw holding it on ) . I might pull it out again on the weekend and have a fiddle .

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2006, 12:37 PM   #3
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

One other thing...

At the back of the CD Tuner there are three female plugs.

1 for the antenna
1 for the main plug (power, steering wheel controls, speakers)
But there is another place for a plug with about 6 pins in it? What is this for? Does it have something to do with the mobile phone kit?

Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
Old 21-06-2006, 01:17 PM   #4
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Im pretty sure that other female plug hole in the back of the unit is for the Ford Accessories 'Amp' you can get / mounts in the boot / i came across that somewhere else the other day ( was an order from factory extra / making it the supreme audio pack or something like that .. some of the high series car might of got it stock ? )

Old 22-06-2006, 10:39 AM   #5
quest

Show me a picture of the unit
If its the same unit we have here its for the DVD player that is an option on a lot of models now
Inserting a DVD movie into the player forces the radio to "slave" as the sound system
quest is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2006, 04:04 PM   #6
peterban
AULTD

The GPS plugs into it for the voice prompts etc.
peterban is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2006, 04:08 PM   #7
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

If thats the case then, could you not use this for a line in for say an iPod?

Old 22-06-2006, 09:44 PM   #8
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Jaycar sell a newish device ( are-revised version ), it's the device you can plug into your ipod/walkman etc then tune it in on the radio , then newer version is tunable into ANY frequency/station on the fm radio range, the sound quality is a big improvement over the old original model too , it actually sounds pretty good ! .

Old 22-06-2006, 09:56 PM   #9
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Yeah, I've heard of FM transmitters, but for $70, I would rather just wire up a few plugs.... less then $10, then I can hook up my 40Gb HDD MP3 player, or the laptop for movies...., etc, etc....

Anyone know about the clock on/off stuff?