Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 30-04-2018, 04:09 PM   #1
ppshy1
Starter Motor

Default Buying a my17 Titanium petrol

Hi Guys
I currently have a MA XR5 Turbo and my natural progression seems to be a MD Petrol.

Just a few things I want to run past you guys

1) The map on the demo car I drove seemed to be a little off as the new new streets were not there. The car sales man said I go update it for free at home over wifi.
Is that true?

2)I always set my headlights to auto in my current car. I have burnt a few globes in the last few years. Phillips expensive 110 artic ones. I believe thats due to driving under a lot of bridges on M1 SE Melbourne. How expensive are LED gloves and more importantly how durable.

3)The car I test drove was 4000km ex ford driven. However the menu options said Oil quality 33%. Is this based on how car is driven or just a % on next car service distance remaining.

4) I was shocked when the salesman said it runs on 91. I was thinking hopefully its been looked after well in the 4000km. Maybe i am wrong but I thought turbos had to run on 95+

I really loved the car. Just need to get used to automatic . Have had manuals for last 18 years.

On a side note, it would have been nice for our Aussie models to read road signs like Mazda
ppshy1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2018, 06:26 PM   #2
cobrin
Challenge Accepted!

Default Re: Buying a my17 Titanium petrol

1. No get that updated in the deal, whilst you can when I did it wiped the navigation maps from the system.

2.$$$ but durable set to auto and enjoy.

3. computer calculated (guessed) just keep to time/distance based.

4. Can run on 91, better fuel economy on 95/98