Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 05-08-2009, 09:09 AM   #1
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default FPV F6 E unveiled

Ford's go-fast brigade has ticked another box with the release of the luxury-trimmed F6 E executive rocket.
"What you are going to get is 310kW and 565Nm in something that looks like a 5 Series BMW," Ford Performance Vehicles boss Rod Barrett says. "When you put your foot down it is going to go ... and at a pretty good price advantage. "This really is our Euro competitor."

At $79,740 the F6 E - built off Ford's award-winning G6 E Turbo at a price premium of $23,000 - slips into the FPV range alongside the V8-powered GT-E.

"I think it is more about choice," Barrett says. "We make these iconic go-fast cars like the F6 and the GT and that is the base of our range ... it's what our core business is about. But there are some people that we do not cater for in that range that want a bit more luxury and refinement.

Related Coverage

"They don't want stripes and big wings and black wheels. They want a bit more leather and woodgrain and chrome and I don't want to lose them."

Barrett says the overwhelming success of the F6 and the demand for the G6 E Turbo was enough for FPV to shift plans for the F6 E off the back burner and give it some exposure as a concept car at the Melbourne Motor Show earlier this year.

"It was obvious that there is a demand there for it - not significant, but a demand," Barrett says.

The F6 E will be built as a limited production vehicle with plans for ‘less than 50’ this year.

"It is not a limited edition just a limited production run," Barrett says. "If it were to take off and there was demand for 100 or a 150 then we just keep building them - it's there to be built."

Barrett says the F6 E is another model in the FPV range against which rivals HSV cannot set a direct competitor. "They have the Senator in V8, which I would say is our GT E competitor, but they don't have a turbo six and this is the luxury version of that F6. I really think the top end of town will take to this car ... it will cater for the non-V8 crowd."

The F6 E is powered by Ford's proven 4-litre turbo-charged DOHC 24 valve in-line six coupled to the ZF six-speed high-torque automatic transmission with Sequential Sports Shift.

In keeping with the luxury theme the cabin features seats in shadow leather with the F6 E logo embossed on the headrests, a dark walnut woodgrain finish on the dashboard and doors, sports leather steering wheel with cruise control and audio mounted switches, dual-zone air conditioning and memory on adjustable pedals.

Dynamic stability control, side curtain airbags, reverse parking camera and reverse sensing system, electronic brakeforce distribution and ABS are also standard.

Barrett says FPV sales have held up better than the industry-standard large cars numbers with 911 sales year to date against 1154 for the same period last year.

"Under the circumstances I will take that ? especially when you consider last year we were launching new models and had the Cobra sales," Barrett says.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2009, 09:43 AM   #2
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

23k premium over the G6ET? What are is the consumer getting for the 23k extra?
I'd rather just the G6ET.
Old 05-08-2009, 09:43 AM   #3
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Looks good. Is it worth the 75 g's though?
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2009, 09:43 AM   #4
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Can't see how $23k price difference is justified ?
Old 05-08-2009, 09:44 AM   #5
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wretched
If you can't see or understand the difference yourself no amount of explaining will ever get through...

Old 05-08-2009, 09:50 AM   #6
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
If you can't see or understand the difference yourself no amount of explaining will ever get through...
Wow thanks for that.
So how will the average consumer know then with that kind of arrogance?
Old 05-08-2009, 09:52 AM   #7
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Wow thanks for that.
So how will the average consumer know then with that kind of arrogance?
Im sure the people with the budget to afford one will understand....

Old 05-08-2009, 10:01 AM   #8
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Quote:
Im sure the people with the budget to afford one will understand....
So you can tell people's budgets by the way they understand the car?

Anyway I think we'll leave it at that.
I personally don't think the car is worth the 23k premium over the G6ET.
There is nothing innovative introduced, it is pretty much a G6ET with F6 engine, there are no gadgets, nothing to reflect the price or the market it is trying to attract. Force models all over again?
You wouldn't even buy it for the badge, the FPV badge isn't special enough to warrant a badge snob attitude.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:02 AM   #9
Director

Good move, bit of innovation, bit of a risk, looks classy and has no direct competitor in that price range, hope it goes well

Ace Ventura

FG G6
XB K code Fairmont
Director is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2009, 10:13 AM   #10
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
So you can tell people's budgets by the way they understand the car?

Anyway I think we'll leave it at that.
I personally don't think the car is worth the 23k premium over the G6ET.
There is nothing innovative introduced, it is pretty much a G6ET with F6 engine, there are no gadgets, nothing to reflect the price or the market it is trying to attract. Force models all over again?
You wouldn't even buy it for the badge, the FPV badge isn't special enough to warrant a badge snob attitude.
Let me get this right, you can't see the value in the F6E because the only difference between it and the G6ET is the engine..

To top that off in your opinion FPV customers are unjustified badge snobs....

Well i guess that puts your whole credibility into perspective doesn't it....

Old 05-08-2009, 10:28 AM   #11
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Quote:
Let me get this right, you can't see the value in the F6E because the only difference between it and the G6ET is the engine..

To top that off in your opinion FPV customers are unjustified badge snobs....

Well i guess that puts your whole credibility into perspective doesn't it....
1) I said I don't see the value because I can't see anywhere where a 23k premium can be justified for each vehicle. All I can see on this car is the F6 engine, a set of different styled wheels and a different brake package, NONE of which are unique to this vehicle. That to me doesn't warrant the premium. Where are the xenons, LED tail lights, DVD players, something to make the owner feel it is money well spent? These aren't cars for the normal F6 or GT buyers, these are cars for "executives."

2) No I didn't say that FPV customers are unjustified badge snobs, if you read my post I said you couldn't even buy this car for the badge as many do for BMW and Mercedes, the FPV badge isn't that special enough.

3) I love it when people on here get their knickers in a knot when someone doesn't get excited by a car or simply questions it. Some on here are worse than the GTR fanboys. Now climb down off that high horse there.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:33 AM   #12
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
1) I said I don't see the value because I can't see anywhere where a 23k premium can be justified for each vehicle. All I can see on this car is the F6 engine, a set of different styled wheels and a different brake package, NONE of which are unique to this vehicle. That to me doesn't warrant the premium. Where are the xenons, LED tail lights, DVD players, something to make the owner feel it is money well spent? These aren't cars for the normal F6 or GT buyers, these are cars for "executives."

2) No I didn't say that FPV customers are unjustified badge snobs, if you read my post I said you couldn't even buy this car for the badge as many do for BMW and Mercedes, the FPV badge isn't that special enough.

3) I love it when people on here get their knickers in a knot when someone doesn't get excited by a car or simply questions it. Some on here are worse than the GTR fanboys. Now climb down off that high horse there.
Yes.. xenons, LED's and DVD players would have made all the difference.... especially with all the executives who hang out at the macca's carpark playing doof doof videos with their lights on... unlike the different body kit, different interior, different engine, different suspension, different diff, different brakes, different wheels, different tyres, premium branding etc etc......:

Old 05-08-2009, 10:37 AM   #13
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community. 

Wretched - I actually agree with allot of what you have said.

But it if works for FPV great, it would be a great cash cow for what is essentially a model that has had basically nothing spent on it.
JPFS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2009, 10:42 AM   #14
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Quote:
Yes.. xenons, LED's and DVD players would have made all the difference.... especially with all the executives who hang out at the macca's carpark playing doof doof videos with their lights on... unlike the different body kit, different interior, different engine, different suspension, different diff, different brakes, different wheels, different tyres, premium branding etc etc......:
It is obvious you don't get it or even understand the market that this car is aimed at.
So instead of hijacking the thread further I'll just have to agree to disagree with you on this.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:52 AM   #15
zx10

Quote:
I think CDAA has covered this in the below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDAA
What it has over a G6ET keep in mind there is a just over a $20k price difference assuming the G6ET has the optional 19" wheels.

Bigger intercooler
Stronger engine internals
More power
Bigger turbo
6/4 Brembos
FPV Body kit
LSD rear end
FPV interior
It's an FPV.

Is all that worth the $20k difference? Personally I think so but that's just me.
Its the same as the old why buy an F6 over the XR6T. I think the F6 has held its own quite well in the past, as will the F6E.

AU3 XR8 sedan - Manual, Leather, Momo wheel/gear knob
zx10 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2009, 11:49 AM   #16
Mr Brooksy
Youth worker

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Numerous helpful how-to's and sound advice! 

I think thats its a great move, it looks awesome, goes as hard as a F6 and doesnt scream hey look at me, but looks loads better than the basic Falcon series.

Hope they sell truck loads of them. I also love the comment from Rob, "Barrett says the F6 E is another model in the FPV range against which rivals HSV cannot set a direct competitor. "They have the Senator in V8, which I would say is our GT E competitor, but they don't have a turbo six and this is the luxury version of that F6. I really think the top end of town will take to this car ... it will cater for the non-V8 crowd."

Bit of a dig... hehehe

2011 SZ Territory

Old Futura thread:
Brooksy's Ex Build
Mr Brooksy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2009, 11:55 AM   #17
YOOT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10

Its the same as the old why buy an F6 over the XR6T. I think the F6 has held its own quite well in the past, as will the F6E.
The real issue here is you are paying extra money for an F6 and getting... an F6. Seems odd.

Remember all the options and features that are offered on an FPV are pretty standard or are available on most cars half its size and 1/4 of its price.

When people say an FPV isn't special enough, that is why. You can't pull into a carpark and brag that my new FPV has auto headlights, or GPS, or Cameras, or Bluethtooth. Because chances are every $30K hatchback has that all too. Most people (if they cared) will see an XT Falcon that looks nice and cost as much as three.

Unfortunately if you sit in an XT and jump straight in a F6 you feel like you back in the XT with some different trim. Performance aside.

The same can't be said for German models, an M5 does not feel remotely like a 530i, but thats why the price tag is three times higher.

For FPV the price tag is higher, but the standard of car is not.
YOOT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2009, 12:03 PM   #18
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10

I understand this, but like I said these changes are not unique to this car, they are shared among other vehicles within the FPV range.
From my understanding the F6E is a "step up" from a G6ET, it isn't a "boy racer" marketed car like the beast F6, it is meant to be a plush executive car with a bit of power. So why not give the customer that, give them a car that is a step up from the G6ET not just in terms of power, they're paying the $$ so give them gadgets and other such things? The people who buy the F6E are not the same that will buy the F6.
As I said this is my opinion and yes I would be in the market that FPV would be aiming at with this car.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:17 PM   #19
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You guys do realise that about $5k of the $23K is kuxury car tax don't you?

Now can someone explain to me why a G6ET is $20,000 more than a XT. They are the same car with a slightly more powerful motor, different seats and wheels and a few farkles.
No leds or DVDs or multi sub woofers or anything useful........
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2009, 12:24 PM   #20
zx10

Quote:
I understand this, but like I said these changes are not unique to this car, they are shared among other vehicles within the FPV range.
From my understanding the F6E is a "step up" from a G6ET, it isn't a "boy racer" marketed car like the beast F6, it is meant to be a plush executive car with a bit of power. So why not give the customer that, give them a car that is a step up from the G6ET not just in terms of power, they're paying the $$ so give them gadgets and other such things? The people who buy the F6E are not the same that will buy the F6.
As I said this is my opinion and yes I would be in the market that FPV would be aiming at with this car.
So what "gadgets" would you like?

Old 05-08-2009, 12:26 PM   #21
Paddyboy

haha some of you guys make me laugh.
Quote:
Now can someone explain to me why a G6ET is $20,000 more than a XT. They are the same car with a slightly more powerful motor, different seats and wheels and a few farkles.
No leds or DVDs or multi sub woofers or anything useful........
The XT isnt just different seats and wheels and motor, the G6ET is a totally different car! Im not going to even explain why, surely can tell the differences and the 20grand price difference.

Moving on, I like the new F6 E but why why why do they recycle the bloody wheels!!! Cant they introduce a new model with new mags as well?? It lets the whole car down that they are using the same wheels as a GT and the old BF FORCE 6 and 8 models. The new F6 E should have classier wheels to much the classier market they are going for. The G6ET has much better wheels!!! It ****es me off big time!
Old 05-08-2009, 12:28 PM   #22
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So flappist the $70k odd question is, F6E or 370Z? hehe ;)
Old 05-08-2009, 12:31 PM   #23
zx10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddyboy

The XT isnt just different seats and wheels and motor, the G6ET is a totally different car! Im not going to even explain why, surely can tell the differences and the 20grand price difference.

Moving on, I like the new F6 E but why why why do they recycle the bloody wheels!!! Cant they introduce a new model with new mags as well?? It lets the whole car down that they are using the same wheels as a GT and the old BF FORCE 6 and 8 models. The new F6 E should have classier wheels to much the classier market they are going for. The G6ET has much better wheels!!! It ****es me off big time!
I agree the wheels have been done, as have most of the wheels in the range. Even when they introduce new wheels they still look ordinary.

Old 05-08-2009, 12:32 PM   #24
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

I'm looking at the F6E and I realize...it's everything the G6E should have been..more powerful motor, LSD, bigger brakes etc etc. It's also good to note Holden have no competitor and this car will likely be as much a romper stomper as the F6. To compete with M5's and other such pretentious vehicles yet cost nowhere near the same, looks to me ford(FPV) are doing the right thing here. Just remember guys, this is a ford forum. I see all these ford fans bagging ford?? It's worse than LS1.com!!
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2009, 12:46 PM   #25
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddyboy

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/satire

This might help......
Old 05-08-2009, 12:48 PM   #26
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by barra240t
So flappist the $70k odd question is, F6E or 370Z? hehe ;)
370Z doubtful....

The $80k question is actually more like:

F6E or 2010 GT-E with S/C coyote....
Old 05-08-2009, 12:53 PM   #27
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOOT
The real issue here is you are paying extra money for an F6 and getting... an F6. Seems odd.
Oh come on..its a F6 with colour coded bits and no spoiler...LOL

I agree with you.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2009, 12:55 PM   #28
xr8daz

And no standard Sat Nav , yep still an option for extra $$$$$.....
xr8daz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2009, 01:47 PM   #29
Cheese3
The BEST Falcon is the AU

If i remember correctly the G6E-T has no LSD... i wonder if the F6E will have it?????
Cheese3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2009, 01:54 PM   #30
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
Oh come on..its a F6 with colour coded bits and no spoiler...LOL

I agree with you.
And 6 spot Brembos and extrememly good leather interior (much softer and more comfortable than the F6) and reversing camera and adj pedals and FPV mats and prestige colour..........