Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 06:02 PM   #1
Dave_Obsession
Resident AFF detailer

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Helpful and detailed posts on car care. 
Default my CD player won't play while car is accelerating!

Posted in the Auto Electrical section, but as basically nobody reads that section, I'll post it here too.

OK, so a few days ago I sprayed a couple of cans of degreaser over the engine bay of my AU, being careful not to over-saturate any electrical parts...

Now whenever my Pioneer headunit is set to the CD player, whenever I'm accelerating, the CD player stops playing - it will only play when I'm either stopped or coasting (foot off accelerator pedal) - it's like it's not drawing enough current from the battery.......the terminals are fine.....any idea what it could be??? All other headunit functions work 100%.

I should add that before the degreaser, had not had 1 single problem with anything audio or auto electrical.....

Old 09-09-2009, 06:04 PM   #2
Lukeyson
Right out sideways

too many torques??

seriously though, i havent come across that
Old 09-09-2009, 06:12 PM   #3
escapin

its a new initative from the rta, if u want music u have to drive carefully
Old 09-09-2009, 09:38 PM   #4
Dave_Obsession
Resident AFF detailer

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Helpful and detailed posts on car care. 

Went for a drive - it would seem it's all a false alarm - turns out it was a dodgy CD burn....all other CD's worked fine at all times!!! Strange though!!!

Mods, please close this thread!
Old 11-09-2009, 12:05 AM   #5
ayeyew
Teh Baest

Did you get any degreaser over the flux capacitor?

Could have provided a short circuit to the chassis rail, then under load, the saturation current would have reverse biased the p-n junction, which effectively then inversed the space-time continuum, creating a black hole between you and the cd player. Having such a massive gravitational pull, it then bent the sound waves around you, giving the illusion that there was no sound.

Or maybe as you said, dodgy cd burn

Coming..CMS Stg2A Cam, 68mm TB
Later.. 4.5L w/ BOOOOOOOOOOST or XR6T or AUIII XR8 220

Currently:
151kW (165 on other dynos )
Closed Thread