Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 03-04-2015, 08:07 PM   #1
zbi442
Starter Motor

Exclamation Au II 6cyl dedicated gas tray_No crank after flat battery probs- Immobilised- SmartSheild

Just joined ...any help?

Done some Googling for answer re Smartshield- Immobilised and am here.

Have 2001 AU Series 2 6cyl Dedicated Gas Cab Chassis.

Had a low charge battery for a week or so, needed to jump start many times during that week with a powerpack.

Last time it cranked over alone with the battery, battery died, got powerpack as usual and as it went to crank over, crank stopped abruptly and powerpack red light flashed red. Powerpack was dead so I got a fully charged battery from another car and tried starting ......NOT EVEN A CRANK......Have lost all my hair since then Googling and trying everything.

At the time the new battery was put in and attempted to start having nothing, no crank, I noticed the fuel gauge flick up to full then back, all the crystal in the display all light up and then the word "bASE" appear.

After my 'Google-ing' I have done the following;

Reprogramming remote with the doors closed, unlocked, key to accessories and the demister thing 3 times. Remote and/or key thingy got rid of the word "bASE" appearing plus the crystals/lcd doesn't all light up, its normal with key out or ignition on, showing the km's etc.

But, still won't crank over.

Starter works, checked that first with shorting the starter from underneath with a screw driver. Mate just came over and got it cranking over from the relay and shorting it.

Mate had a scan tool but not a Ford one and couldn't get the proper program for my model. Scan tool did show error about fuel gauge but I knew this as float in one tank needs replacing since 3 years ago.

When key is out of ignition and/or with doors locked, I get the flashed intermittingly of the immobilizer red light on the right lower part of cluster. Trying to start, this light stays constantly on, exclamation mark light to the left of cluster comes on when I turn the key to start........But no cranking.

Solenoids on gas don't click or trigger when the ignition is turned from off to on position either.

Do I need (what I have read) a "FORD NGS Tester" because I have been 'locked out', totally immobilized because the Dumb-SmartShield thought the car was being stolen by 'hot wiring' when it was just a flatting (****) battery ?

Or, do I or can I just get a matching pair BEM and key/steering lock assembly and just change the lock barrel with mine. Or do I need the NGS Tester anyway for the new pair?

Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers Tony
zbi442 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2015, 12:09 PM   #2
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 
Default Re: Au II 6cyl dedicated gas tray_No crank after flat battery probs- Immobilised- SmartSheild

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbi442 View Post
Do I need (what I have read) a "FORD NGS Tester" because I have been 'locked out', totally immobilized because the Dumb-SmartShield thought the car was being stolen by 'hot wiring' when it was just a flatting (****) battery ?

Or, do I or can I just get a matching pair BEM and key/steering lock assembly and just change the lock barrel with mine. Or do I need the NGS Tester anyway for the new pair?

Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers Tony
Hi & welcome to AFF, ring around your area some auto electricians & see if they can reprogram / reset your smartshield, should be cheaper than going to Ford to do it. No need to replace stuff, your smartshield or new parts still needs reprogramming.

cheer's, Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2015, 01:06 PM   #3
zbi442
Starter Motor

Default Re: Au II 6cyl dedicated gas tray_No crank after flat battery probs- Immobilised- SmartSheild

Thx Maka,

Figure there is no way around it other than resetting by auto elec or someone with the proper scan tool.

Thx, I'll just do that first without replacing anything, just checking fuses etc.

Then will see what the 'doc' (Scan-Man) says.

Cheers again. Tony.
zbi442 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: