Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 29-09-2006, 05:08 PM   #1
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 
Default First encounter - New BFII

Was down getting a few warranty jobs done today when one of the sales guys who knows me said come and have a look at the BFIIs that have just come off the truck. Went up and had a look at them, there was quite a few XT's, an XR6 Sedan, XR6 Turbo ute and a Fairmont Ghia. Overall the XRs are basically the same except for a new seat trim and new instrument cluster (that has some chrome and new graphics), the XT was the same bascially and the new front end. My favourite however is the Fairmont Ghia, its very very nice with the new interior and the 8 way power seat (never seen that in a Ghia before). The Ghia looked good from all angles even though its bascially a few spare parts chucked together, the rear seat was a dissapointment, no new headrests like the pictures had lead us to beleive, still has the same headrests as the BA.

Theres still the issue on pricing but I think the BF II is still going to be competitive with the VE, and no I didnt bother getting any pictures as i only had my phone and asside from the front they are basically the same. Nows the time for anyone buying a new Falcon to rush in and get a runout, providing its an XR, the only difference on the outside is the Mark II badge, the rest is identical.

2024.50 Mustang Darkhorse 6M Blue Ember + Appearance pack ETA Jan 25.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2006, 07:08 PM   #2
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi LSTG,
Did the Ghia have Blue tooth and if so how was it activated? IIRC, it was you who first pointed out the blue tooth switch on the bottom of the ICC in an XR shot from Ford's website.
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2006, 07:16 PM   #3
Reign
Argg..

hrmmm... I must have a look at work, next door is where they hold all of the new cars.
Reign is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2006, 07:22 PM   #4
MoreHPformyXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Is the BF MkII is the same power spec. as BF MkI I assume or no offical word as yet?

BA XR6 Mk II Shockwave Sedan - Now Sold - gone but not forgotten

mods: 20% under drive, Pacemaker Comps 4495' (ceramic coated) , 3' Metal Cat, XR6T exhaust - twin 3' tips, F6 CAI, K&N panel filter, PWR trans cooler, customed tuned by Heinrich Performance Tuning HPT 183.7rwkw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATMO SIX
You have become the new SLOANY mate, no real quality to your current post(s).
MoreHPformyXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2006, 07:39 PM   #5
b2tf
not here much anymore

Saw a BFII Ghia today as well doing it's pre delivery test drive. They look good but very similar to an XR, perhaps too similar?
Old 29-09-2006, 07:44 PM   #6
AUIII XR8 MAN
DJR TM#54

Location: on my p.c now with internet! ok i'll still use works internet too.

Yes it would be a good time to buy Mark1 Falcon. Will have to have a look next time i'm near a dealer.
Old 29-09-2006, 09:16 PM   #7
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Smith
Hi LSTG,
Did the Ghia have Blue tooth and if so how was it activated? IIRC, it was you who first pointed out the blue tooth switch on the bottom of the ICC in an XR shot from Ford's website.
Bluetooth isnt available till December and wont be standard on any models i believe. As for power I think all the sixes are going to be the same, it seems as though when Ford brings out a new model all the cars they deliver are Sixes, so im not sure whether the 8's will be the same but i guess so.

The XR had a much nicer instrument cluster again, not saying the BA / BF mark 1 was not that great it was but the new one looks better again, chrome centres on each of the needles etc and some newer graphics.

I really did like the Ghia, even with the XR body kit it is much better looking then the BF stocko.

If you ask me the XT is a big let down, it looks cheap with the black lights and standard grill, i really didnt like it anywhere near as much as the Ghia with the sports suspension etc.

Im suprised we got them up here so quick, they only started building them for a few days on the 21st, usually we are a few weeks behind being in QLD once they get them transported up here etc.
Old 29-09-2006, 09:39 PM   #8
Falcon Freak
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSTerritoryGhia
Theres still the issue on pricing but I think the BF II is still going to be competitive with the VE,
Ford will announce BFII prices and other details at next month's Sydney Motor Show

FF
Falcon Freak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2006, 10:15 PM   #9
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Freak
Ford will announce BFII prices and other details at next month's Sydney Motor Show

FF

Prices should be out next week as dealers are already taking orders and will be delivering cars by the end of the week, unless ofcourse Ford is going to say they can't do that which is a bit rough, im real sure dealers are going to be adding cars to their floor plans and not being able to retail them... One would question why they would have them delivered a month before they could be retailed if prices weren't release before hand, you can't sell a car if you have no price guidelines to do so.

The dealer I was at had 26 delievered today, theres no more BF Series 1's to come unless they buy them out of Ford Stock I believe which means its going to be a tough 3 - 4 weeks ahead with stock allocation if they cant retail the BFII vehicles in stock. Then theres the problem with cars that have already presold to fleet companies etc, i really cant see them holding off till the 26th of Oct to release pricing, one would think next Monday / Tuesday it would make sense as all dealers should have atleast a couple of cars by the end of next week as they go back into production on monday.
Old 29-09-2006, 10:24 PM   #10
Falcon Freak
Banned

I could be wrong as I was expecting the Sydney Motor Show to start next week, not at the end of October. :

FF
Old 29-09-2006, 10:28 PM   #11
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I could be wrong as I was expecting the Sydney Motor Show to start next week, not at the end of October. :

FF
No worries FF

I was thinking the same till i actually had a look at the website and went woah thats not for nearly another month!

I definately think dealers should have something floating around Sales Managers office on Tuesday morning and I doubt we will be suprised, id say prices will be marginally more on a few models to cover upgrades but I cant see any cars going backwards due to the huge backload of old BF and BAII stock, they cannot make the new one cheaper as its going to mean gutting the old ones more, which really at this point is impossible. At the same time this is going to have a huge affect on the cost between BFII and VE, ford really needed to cut their prices on Futura, XR6 and Fairmont / Ghia to compensate for Holdens new model / pricing structure, really and truely the BFII is under equiped and over price in every variant except for the XT, even then its missing out on DSC as standard and a few other gymicks. As for the Futura its way behind the Berlina!

As i said above tho anyone who wants an XR6/XR6 TURBO or XR8 should look at getting their cheque books ready in a months time as theres going to be some good deals around, the new year will see even more incentive however the more desirable runout stock will be gone.
Old 29-09-2006, 10:29 PM   #12
EA2BA
PM me if you want

Australian International Motor Show runs every day from 5pm 26 October to 7pm 5 November 2006.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2006, 10:30 PM   #13
Tles
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So you think the Fairmont Ghia is more Sports Luxury like the Territory Turbo - perhaps the biggest changes then will be to the Fairmont which should move more upmarket above the Futura
Tles is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2006, 10:32 PM   #14
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The Fairmont should have definately gained 17 inch alloys and foglights to compensate for the new stocko Calais being 44 grand. As for the Futura it really needs the prestige ICC with dual zone climate control now to catch up to the Berlina, and even then its still missing foglights and 17 inch alloys. From my understanding the Fairmont will be the same as the BF mark I minus a few small changes like a 6 way drivers seat - not sure if the BF had that.

I think the current BFII / VE lineups are the biggest difference we have seen in a long time based on Price and standard Features, back in the AU / early BA days they were a dollar for a dollar, now we see Holden with more technology and buttons for less money then the comparable Falcon variant.

If Fords not worried now then it should be, it really needed to focus on re alligning its models to meet Holdens new pricing / range.

Last edited by Smoke Pursuit; 29-09-2006 at 11:17 PM.
Old 29-09-2006, 11:30 PM   #15
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The BFII will not be this huge improvement that everybody seems to be looking out for.

It is a BF will some extra goodies thrown in.

We must remain patient, for Orion is on his way.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2006, 12:15 AM   #16
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Im suprised we got them up here so quick, they only started building them for a few days on the 21st, usually we are a few weeks behind being in QLD once they get them transported up here etc.
The first BFII's were off the production line on the 21st. Tested from wed thru to last tue (most were tested before the weekend) and were shipped out. So I wouldn't be surprised that they came in on thurs - fri. There are about 1200 official cars floating around.
vztrt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2006, 12:22 AM   #17
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tru, they had a few extra kays then i would have guessed,the Ghia i sat in had over 40. Were all models in production, EG XR8 or were they sticking to Six Cylinders?
Old 30-09-2006, 12:25 AM   #18
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Tru, they had a few extra kays then i would have guessed,the Ghia i sat in had over 40.
Each car will have 40k's or more on the clock as each was test driven for issues that the B-series has had.

All non FPV's were tested, not sure about the FPV models.
Old 30-09-2006, 12:27 AM   #19
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So have they tried to fix a fwe things, like diff noises etc?

Im guessing that this is there last round to try and make things spoton!

Do you know if any XR8s would have been sent to dealers, or is it only 6 cylinders?
Old 30-09-2006, 12:34 AM   #20
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Quote:
So have they tried to fix a fwe things, like diff noises etc?

Im guessing that this is there last round to try and make things spoton!

Do you know if any XR8s would have been sent to dealers, or is it only 6 cylinders?

Every issue that Ford know of was listed. So excessive noise from the cars would be a big issue to listen for. The BF is a pretty good car, a tip for everyone if you think your hearing excessive noise from your B series car you can reduce it by a fair bit by laying an extra layer of parcel shelf carpeting (or something thicker) on the underside of the back parcel shelf.

I know XR8's were tested and when they pass they are shipped asap. But when you build alot more 6cl than 8's you may not get them to all dealers. Or the 8's build may have been customer cars only.
Old 30-09-2006, 06:43 AM   #21
Falcon Freak
Banned

I will be very ****ed of in my BFII has the same issues as my BA did. Such as:

- driveline shunt
- front brake shudder
- low speed driveability (jerking)

Those three issues really upset me.

FF
Old 30-09-2006, 07:57 AM   #22
S3SR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

not sure if this has been posted before but here it is

http://www.newfalcon.com.au/servlet/...5190&c=DFYPage

theres only a gallery for the XR6T and Fmont Ghia

2002 Ford Falcon AU S3 SR
2006 BF MKI Falcon XR6
2008 Mazda BT50 SDX
2004 BA XR8 ute
2006 AUDI A4 B7
2013 FG II XR6 Ute
2006 Ford Territory TX
2003 Ford Falcon XR8
2009 Territory Turbo Ghia

Current: 2012 Audi A4 B8 2.0T Quattro
S3SR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2006, 09:54 AM   #23
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I will be very ****ed of in my BFII has the same issues as my BA did. Such as:

- driveline shunt
- front brake shudder
- low speed driveability (jerking)

Those three issues really upset me.

FF
Most of those items were Fixed in the Mark II BA or the BF.

The later cars ive driven feel tight, but then again that doesnt say they all are like that.

What model and options are you getting.
Old 30-09-2006, 10:51 AM   #24
Falcon Freak
Banned

What I want is a manual BFII XR8 in Octane. I am waiting for Ford to release the BFII details and prices.

FF
Old 30-09-2006, 12:43 PM   #25
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
What I want is a manual BFII XR8 in Octane. I am waiting for Ford to release the BFII details and prices.

FF
Why not just buy a runout!
Old 30-09-2006, 01:33 PM   #26
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:

FF
Im already jealous :
FPV8U is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2006, 02:36 PM   #27
janddbone
B1 - J & D Services
Donating Member1

Considering we have not heard anything firm about the '8's; is it reasonable to expect a some more news and launch at the motor show? According to the website BF II does not go on sale 'til next month, maybe they will sit on them...
1999 Subaru Imprezza Sportwagon
1998 Holden Suburban 2500
1995 Land Rover Discovery TDI
1994 XG XR6 Longreach
1983 Holden Rodeo
1975 Datsun 120Y wagon
1970 MG Midget
1967 Rover 2000TC
Soon: Model T.
janddbone is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2006, 03:56 PM   #28
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

It does seem strange that the V8's havn't been mentioned yet, im not getting my hopes up though...
FPV8U is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2006, 03:58 PM   #29
Falcon Freak
Banned

Read the thread about the Orion model. All the signs are there people - read between the lines. Turbo engine in the BFII Fairmont Ghia speaks volumes.

FF
Old 30-09-2006, 04:41 PM   #30
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

Oh FF dont do that to me..
is there really going to be a turbo fairmont??

oh bother..... what do i do!!!
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post