Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 18-01-2007, 09:52 PM   #1
Damo
Banned

Default It's still good, it's still good.

Well guys some of you may remember my thread about sending my EB to the wreckers and getting $50 for it and buying a slab, obviously that wasn't the case. That was quite a few slabs ago now, and after pulling almost everything of value from the car, tomorrow I say farewell to the EB. Owned it for about 16 months traveled 2500 km's and went through 3 motors a clutch and a diff. Apart from all that it was a great looking car when I first got it but after a few months in the garage it ended up with about 30 or so 'shopping trolley' dents thanks to my father, and a couple from me in frustration.

Anyways today I pulled out the King springs, and ripped the head off just for the fun of it. Here is a piccture of what was left of the crow cam 825 you could say it's a bit chewed out. While I'm here does anyone know if the head could be repaired or is it a throwaway ?

The EB looking a bit naked.

And the engine bay, just a EB block with AU internals off to the scrap yard. :(

I appoligise if you don't like this thread, I didn't force you to read it and you don't need to post a reply. Lets just call this closure, and you won't be hearing about this car ever again... Except in the for sale section where i'm trying to flog all the leftover parts, if you want parts let me know I still have heaps of ****. Cheers.

Damo

Damo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2007, 09:54 PM   #2
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

R.I.P. Damos EB.
Old 18-01-2007, 09:55 PM   #3
Dezza
Parts bin special

It's a shame that car was such a dud. I'm sure you'll be glad to see it gone.

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2007, 10:06 PM   #4
John_LS1

head can be fixed damo, needs to be tig welded and then line bored...not many shops will bother or even have a line borer small enough for that type of job. my old work did tho (rpm engines)
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2007, 10:09 PM   #5
crannersEL
Banned

Sad to see the car go Damo, what springs did it have in it?!?
crannersEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2007, 10:10 PM   #6
John_LS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by crannersEL
Sad to see the car go Damo, what springs did it have in it?!?
superlows
Old 18-01-2007, 10:11 PM   #7
crannersEL
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_xr6
superlows

Ahh sweet, im guessing they have been sold?!? :eclipsee_
crannersEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2007, 10:15 PM   #8
Damo
Banned

superlows, which are sold to Gilli. Car was sitting on the bump stops of the shocks in the rear and cut standard springs in the front in that photo.

John, thanks i'll throw the head back in the car. :P
Old 18-01-2007, 10:25 PM   #9
John_LS1

cam can be fixed to damo weld and regrind the journal....is it a billet cam?
Old 18-01-2007, 10:28 PM   #10
sphell
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was so happy when we got STOKEB's old motor in the EB, then so sad when it had no oil pressure and stopped, then so happy when we un-siezed it and got it going, then so sad when it siezed for good and we had to tow it home.....good times, good times......
sphell is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2007, 10:29 PM   #11
John_LS1

did you guys figure out what caused the no oil pressure? didnt leave the oil pump drive out did you??LOL
Old 18-01-2007, 10:33 PM   #12
efgiar
rofl copter

looks like a regrind to me, but i could be wrong

thats all
efgiar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2007, 10:37 PM   #13
Damo
Banned

yeah we did first time around John. Also I noticed today that the tensioner wasn't fully released, which may have had something to do with it. :P

John the cam was a crow cam so I assumed it was a billet, but I noticed something interesting today when I pulled a lifter out of the rocker gear, there were 2 washers (shims) plus the factory shim in each arm. I'm not sure if Crow ever did regrinds but this was an old cam that was installed about 6 years ago from memory.

Doug, they were kinda not so good times but I know what you are saying. Good times Good times. Learnt a lot from owning this car.
Old 18-01-2007, 10:42 PM   #14
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphell
then so sad when it siezed for good and we had to tow it home.....good times, good times......
lmao. I remember that walk home at like midnight or whatever time it was. Leaving the EB bonnet-less in a side street while going to fetch the trusty old EA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels Nov 02
It's suave, more subtle, and yet no less stirring. In fact, the boosted Ford is more polished than any big sedan Australia has ever produced. It's just so damn good, it makes the SS feel crude... Ignore the WRX. Forget the E49. Falcon XR6 Turbo is king.
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2007, 11:05 PM   #15
XRated
Shoot.

Sad to see it never went like it should have, and even sadder to see it go mate. It was a great looking car when you first got it.

And don't worry; the thread's a bit more interesting than most of the stuff in this forum these days :P

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2007, 11:15 PM   #16
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRated
And don't worry; the thread's a bit more interesting than most of the stuff in this forum these days :P
No way! I can't get enough of the "Show us ya superlow E-series" and "I've got $32.70 to spend on my EA, what should I do?" threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels Nov 02
It's suave, more subtle, and yet no less stirring. In fact, the boosted Ford is more polished than any big sedan Australia has ever produced. It's just so damn good, it makes the SS feel crude... Ignore the WRX. Forget the E49. Falcon XR6 Turbo is king.
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2007, 11:20 PM   #17
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenaz
No way! I can't get enough of the "Show us ya superlow E-series" and "I've got $32.70 to spend on my EA, what should I do?" threads.
Who has a spare $32.70 if they own a EA. No spare change every week after fixing it up !!!!!!!!!!
Old 19-01-2007, 02:49 AM   #18
gthofan
Gunna girlie-man

im still waitin for those door handles and locks damo hehe, when can i get them?

<INSERT WITTY SIGNATURE HERE>

Daily- 05' BA futura... work done.
Cruiser- 85' VK berlina... more work done
gthofan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2007, 03:58 AM   #19
needfordspeed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

Ah Damo, I remember when Sunny picked this car up, it was mint as still was when you had it, I loved the paint on it. Sucks how you got so many dud engines, I would have loved to see it on the road.
1988 EA S-Pack|MPI|LSD|AIT turbo manifold|Garrett GT3540|3" Exhaust turbo back|Cooler|Sports ryder shocks|Pedders lows|Resprayed|Microtech LT8s|60lb Injectors|Bosch 044 with surge tank|3000 RPM stall|Ported AU head|Turbo grind cam|Crow double valve springs|1.3mm MLS headgasket|C4 Conversion|Built bottom end|Custom plenum|10.6@125MPH
needfordspeed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2007, 07:40 AM   #20
Tiga_EL
Banned

ignore.

Last edited by Tiga_EL; 19-01-2007 at 07:40 AM. Reason: wrong login
Tiga_EL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2007, 07:41 AM   #21
Sundeep
Banned

Yeah I remember when I picked it up from Rowville a few weeks after I got back from England, and I remember Gilly helping me buff it up. Looked so good and was pretty smooth and cushy compared to the EA. I'd still have this car if it wasn't for my lack of money back in those days, I really needed a daily and it was perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenaz
lmao. I remember that walk home at like midnight or whatever time it was. Leaving the EB bonnet-less in a side street while going to fetch the trusty old EA.

I remember a similar story with my EA, pretty much exactly the same! Only you guys came and fetched me and Doug at about midnight in this EB!!

Ahhhh good times, good times...NOT. More like expensive times
Sundeep is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2007, 08:16 AM   #22
LTDHO
The one and only

Damo, I'm pretty sure Shaun wants the bones.

Send him a PM, instead of sending it to the wreckers.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post