Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 29-06-2022, 12:47 PM   #1
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Century Batteries

I think they've made some cuts in the last few years to the Brisbane factory and there's more being done overseas, its a shame because they used to be top notch, I was their biggest reseller in the Central VIC region in 2015/2016 and I wouldn't put something in someone elses car unless I'd use it in my own and it wasn't like I'd make the most GP on their products either so it wasn't just the most profitable product for me to be reselling either.

Even their customer service has gone to ****, contacted them via their Facebook page to ask some technical advice on using their industrial range in a 48V battery bank and pulling 30-50A from it.

They basically told me to call their battery tech phoneline - how about you do your ****ing job and pass my enquiry up to the people who actually know **** from clay then when they respond pass it back down to me? What use are you? So I asked for their tech's email address so I could send diagram and nope, call their battery tech line.

So I suggested someone elses stuff, I'm not going to **** around on the phone on hold where they'll give me their email address so I can send a diagram because its easier to put it into text and images then tell someone over the phone.

Oh well, I guess the bean counters want to ruin their reputation - my next preference would be Bond Batteries Ultimate range:

https://www.bondbatteries.com.au/products/car-batteries

Easily one of the best products on the market, this was the other brand I'd resell - may be hard to get a hold on outside of VIC, I'm not sure about their reseller network interstate I think they're based out of Ballarat.

Alternatively ACDelco is MVP for price and longevity, or Supercharge Gold series are also good.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 29-06-2022 at 01:14 PM.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: