Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 29-05-2009, 09:43 PM   #1
sneaky
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default i have a few noises in the car..

hello people's, just a few questions about 2 noises i'm hearing in the car (there are more noises, but only worried about 2 at the moment)

the first one is an annoying rattle that seems to be coming from the driver side b pillar - right next to the drivers right ear, grr. i don't think it's the glass, and i tried pulling on the seat belt and the plastics near the seat belt with no results. any ideas what else to look for?

the second is a bit more concerning. i had a new diff centre put in the car less than 12 months ago, playing silly buggers and basically welded the centre of the old one doing a single legger burnout - i've learnt my lesson. now the car is making a strange noise that seems to be coming from the rear drivetrain on slow left hand turns (in carparks and intersections). i don't think it's the brakes (not squeaking) and i hope it isn't the diff. any ideas? i'm trying to think how to spell the noise it makes i'll have to listen again to get the spelling, maybe a whirring noise.

i wouldn't have been too worried about the car as it was supposed to be relegated to the 'spare' car, but things have changed and the AU is staying as the wife's / family car for 5 more years at least and i don't want any troubles with it.

cheers.. oh it's a 2002 model AU3 SR 6cyl auto with live axel

cheers
-tim

sneaky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2009, 10:47 PM   #2
Windsor220
Now Fordless

First one maybe the door? Hard to know without hearing it.

Possibly the handbrake for the second noise. AUs have been known to have noises from this area. Just needs to be adjusted properly.
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2009, 11:16 PM   #3
vbomber

First one, i think i have a similar problem something to with the door, if a grab the door arm rest and pull it it seems to stop, let go starts again
vbomber is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2009, 05:39 PM   #4
sneaky
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i don't think the second one is the handbrake as the handbrake has been noisy for years and this noise only just started recently.

hmm. maybe the mechanic can take it for a spin to hear it, and i'll just hope it's nothing important..
sneaky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2009, 06:09 PM   #5
bodes-sh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the door noise could be the rubbers squeaking, try spraying some silicon lubricant on the door seals and see if the noise goes away
bodes-sh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post