Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Laser and Telstar

Old 05-01-2006, 03:10 AM   #1
catloverpang
92 AX Telstar TX5 V6

Default Car Service

Hey guys,

Just want to ask if there are any auto mechanics (in any state of Australia) you think is not good? So that people who read this forum could have some ideas.

I am from Sydney, recently I took my car to a NRMA mechanic called "Quiet A Drive", which is horrible.

Firstly, they are very dishonest. They quote double GST, thinking that their clients won't observed.

Secondly, I had asked to use some specific parts and products for my TX5 V6, including BOSCH battery, BOSCH spark plugs, BOSCH filters, .... etc, but turned out they installed other cheap products without aknowledge me. They still cost me the higher price, TOTALLY unacceptable.

Thirdly, they seem to break your car as well. I quote to do a major service, EFI clean, break service, and turn out they damaged my immobilizer and air flow sensor, they car could not start and they still deliver it to me (they gave me a free delivery service, but when you look at your invoice, you will notice they over charged to try covering the cost).

There's more ... but I really don't wanna to continue, as it's sad to remember that I paid $2550 for such rubbish service ....... remember, they are NRMA approved!!!!! They are totally liers!!!

One more point want to mention, the service took me more than 2 weeks, can you believe it? They tends to want keeping your car for long time, I ask them to quote how much it cost for fitting new shocks and spring and swaybar, they cost $890, and need at least 2 days, really sucks!!

Believe me, if you are living in Sydney, don't have your car service at "Quiet A Drive", they are located in Botany.

catloverpang is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2006, 03:15 AM   #2
catloverpang
92 AX Telstar TX5 V6

So if you have bad car service at a mechanic, could you share your experience with us?

It will also be FINE if you tell us mechanics that you would be strongly recommended as well.

Thanks

(P.S. in the last message, $890 is just for labour cost, not including the suspension parts such as shocks and springs)
catloverpang is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2006, 07:04 AM   #3
dirty hands
Over Thinker

Thumbs down report it to nrma or go to small claims court

had the same thing happen to me in qld i just paid the bill then the company closed down shortly aftwards

i dont know the rules in your state but if you have the reciepts and paper work it might be worth making a few calls or putting in a cliam at small claims to recover some of the over charges

at most nrma wont keep that company on its recommended books
good idea making the post
dirty hands is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2006, 10:22 AM   #4
VippiN
What a performer!

I got ripped when I bought my first car.. After that i've tought myself everything I need for a minor service, and if I need anything more technical done i'll get a mate to run me through it so I can do it next time.

Save yourself the money and insecurity, learn it yourself.
1991 Ford Laser KF TX3 :: BP-T :: 2011-2015 109fwkW
2007 Ford Falcon BF XR6 Turbo Ute :: Barra 245T :: 2014-2019 324rwkW
1998 Ford Falcon AU XR8 Ute :: Windsor V8 :: 2019-2020
2008 Ford Fiesta XR4 :: Duratec 150 :: 2021-*
1998 Ford Falcon AU XR6 :: HP Intech :: 2021-*
VippiN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post