Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-11-2022, 09:03 PM   #1
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default New Gen Ranger Single Cab

I have been vocal about my displeasure with Ford regarding their stance on single cab Rangers for a long time now.

I fully realize that Ford want to concentrate on more profitable dual cab models, but there is still a healthy market for single cab utes. The Ranger has been the class leader for more than a decade now, I think maintaining a presence in the single cab segment is important for the brand and giving customers access to the best ute on the market no matter what number of doors are required.

You only need to look at the sales numbers for the Hilux every month to see that buyers still want single cabs. In terms of load capacity, a dual cab just cannot compete. Personally, I would love a V6 Wildtrack or Raptor, but they are not practical for my needs.

A few months ago, I email Ford customer relations and asked if Ford were planning on selling a single cab for the new generation. I needed to ask this question because, despite Ford releasing price and spec for single cab Rangers, their website does not include them in the Build & Price section.

https://www.ford.com.au/buy/build-an...angerAUS202200

The response from Ford took a month -

"Good Morning,

Thank you for your previous email enquiry. I have investigated whether there will be any single cab Next-Gen Rangers. Unfortunately at this time there is no indication there will be any available to the Australian market.

Your next best option would be to contact your local Ford selling dealer and see if they have any further information.

Kind regards.........."

When I went to my local dealer to order the new Mustang, I enquired about the single cab and to my surprise, they told me they actually have some out the back, contradicting Ford's response.

I also just found this on Carsales -

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/det...21228652/?Cr=3

That would probably be my spec too; Single Cab Chassis, 2.0 Bi-Turbo with 4X4. I don't need 4x4 but I want the Bi-Turbo and 10 speed auto. I would then add a custom-made steel tray with toolboxes to match my current setup.

But check out the price! $55,950, before custom tray. I paid just on $30,000 for my current setup, at the time that seemed pricey for what it is. But $56K for a povo spec single cab ute with rubber floors is borderline insanity. In theory, I could ditch the 4x4/Bi-Turbo combination, but the price would still be $50K.

I guess I will be holding onto my current workhorse for a little longer.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post: