Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 29-12-2005, 01:57 PM   #1
Luke(AU)

Default AU ECU(flash v unichip)

Hey guys,

recently i have completed a JMM Dev 3HL kit on my Auto AU. it was going great guns before i installed the High Lift cam and gear, springs and retainers. it is running extremely rich getting about 200ks to the tank. i had the MAP sensor replaced and the ECU reset. after this it ran great but as i drive it more the car loses power and economy. Just wondering if anyone has some thoughts on this or if this has occured to their AU? it is obvioulsy electronic. I am also considering either a Flash tune or a unichip which has had great results on the AU...which would be preferred??

Cheers
luke

Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2005, 02:18 PM   #2
stiddy
Banned

haha your brave starting a unichip vs edit thread...

the unichip is a great little unit...... but having an Auto AU with the dev3hl setup, i would lean towards the Flasher.. its just can do so much more over both unichip and chiptorque chip.. its just hard finding a good flasher tuner at the moment..

advantages with unichip, is they do work really well, and they can be had for as cheap as $250, and another $500 for install and custom tune
on another note, some flashers are going for $600..

i just sold my unichip, and am buying a flasher in the new year....
stiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2005, 05:59 PM   #3
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

I ran my DEV3HL for 18 months with the std ecu and it was fine. The Unichip helped the idle and low end and added a few extra kw but the stock ecu worked well with the cam so i think something else is wrong.
jonbays is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post