Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 31-10-2005, 06:57 PM   #1
i_iz_rusty
Starter Motor

Thumbs up Crossing over

Hay ppl just wanted to say sorry to all the ppl i would have ever baged at the stop lights wanted to let you all know i was and still sort of am a huge jap car fan but when i landed my new job i had to find a car with a lot of storage space so walking threw the car yards trying to find a jap car with enough room i stumbled on a au II xr8 ute so followed by the taunts of my friends i hit up the sales man for a test drive and while passing 4.5 rpm i found a smile on my face, i found my self thinking this has no lag plenty of space in the back and she boogys. now a week later all papers are in and just waiting for the mods to be done befor i pick it up. never thought i would say it but i think i like this (gulp here i go) FORD lol.

i_iz_rusty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2005, 07:00 PM   #2
Sagerian
Custom User Title:

Hey,

If you're after plenty of boot space you can't do much better than a ute.

What mods are you getting done?
Just sometimes, in between the first cigarette with coffee in the morning to that four hundredth glass of cornershop p**s at 3am, you do sometimes look at yourself and think... this is fantastic. I'm in heaven.
Sagerian is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2005, 07:03 PM   #3
LUXO_8
windsor user

well done, hopefully you've seen the light
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2005, 07:15 PM   #4
i_iz_rusty
Starter Motor

i got a set of pacemaker headers, hard cover so i can keep the rollbar, i asked for dba sloted roters and endless pads (they are finding out if i can get em) then next week it will be on the dino i need about 220rwk to keep up with the m8s jap cars it allready has aftermarket pistons and rods in it (so im told yet to pull it apart and see) and did they come standard with the tickford rims on em????? if not it has got them to
Old 31-10-2005, 07:26 PM   #5
i_iz_rusty
Starter Motor

oh and i gave them a list of about 20 things that they need to fix befor i pick it up mainly hoses and oil leaks, i hate to plug but in sa at jarvis ford the sales man greg halls has helped me flat out with every step even down to telling his boss that cos i was coming to the ford side i needed to be hooked up with tint for $40
Old 31-10-2005, 07:29 PM   #6
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

220rwkw... your going to need more mods. A lot more.
But welcome, this is the place to be, and you will find you fall very much in love with the AU's, they get under your skin.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2005, 07:46 PM   #7
i_iz_rusty
Starter Motor

thx casper
hate to admit it but my last car was a ce lancer that had 40k pushed into it so mods are were all the fun is and i have acess to cmi toyota workshop so time will not = $ lol but can any of you point me in a good direction in south auz for somone who has a good rep for xr's???? or even the ford club webpage over here?
Old 31-10-2005, 08:16 PM   #8
xr8ute
Back on the road

CAPA is in south oz, http://capa.com.au ;)

AU XR8 Ute 13.90 @ 100mph - http://www.aufalcon.com/xr8ute
5L Windsor, GT40X heads, Crane 2030, Pacey 4-1s, Lukey 3", 3.91:1, auto. Tuned by me w/Quarterhorse and BinaryEditor.

Coming Soon: Ported lower intake, Tickford "Premium" Brakes, and a good wash.
xr8ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2005, 11:34 PM   #9
i_iz_rusty
Starter Motor

i think i love my ford picked it up at 5 today and have been at the wheel for 5hrs had a bit of a play and have been verry impressed tho when the foot gose down so dose the fuel gage but i guess u get that thanking you all for the advice i found here that lead me to bying it
Old 04-11-2005, 08:39 AM   #10
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Nice work ... I came from Jap cars as well ... but I needed a ute for work and have found it great .. more room and more comfort as well.

Keep modding the ute ... it'll keep getting better. That's one good thing about the V8 though .. no lag and a ton of torque as well.

I'll be going forced induction in my 6-cyl LPG ute to get some decent power though ... actually I'm after more torque than power actually ... all down low too.

Although Jap cars can be fun (I still have fun in them ocassionally) ... the ute is a different type of fun ... especially a V8 ute.

Now we wanna see pics .... hee hee
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2005, 09:49 AM   #11
i_iz_rusty
Starter Motor

will be taking some pics tomorrow weather permitting so i can post em on sunday (if i can stop driving it around )
Old 04-11-2005, 11:52 AM   #12
stiddy
Banned

YAY another has been converted.....
stiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2005, 09:07 AM   #13
i_iz_rusty
Starter Motor

hay ppl had the g-tec out last night to check my 0-100 in the ute and was adveraging 5.74 sec which i was verry happy with but i would like to get it on a dyno so i can have a hard copy (and i know the g-tec can be out a bit even if it is im still happy with a sub 7 run)