Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 14-09-2009, 02:52 AM   #1
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Default Raptor S/C for the I6

I know there are threads on this and I've had a read but didn't want to hijack other people's threads with what I want to know specifically about my car. I don't know too much about S/C's and am reading up trying to learn a bit more about this side of modding.

Here's the link to my aufalcon.com page http://www.aufalcon.com/cgi-bin/inde...act=item&i=729 It lists all my mods.

And a link to Raptor Superchargers http://www.raptorsc.com.au/kits.php?id=36

Is the AU kit on their site a straight bolt on for my car? Or do I need to do more? Don't want to be going spastic on power, just a little extra. I don't need the pod, injectors or tuner that's included in that kit. I just want to know what I need to do to bolt that straight on.

Krissy.

2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
FRDGAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2009, 04:19 AM   #2
The Monty
Just slidin'

Well Krissy, you and I are in a VERY similar boat. Both have similar setups, both chasing that bit more power, and both looking down the same path.
Your mods:
− Pacemaker Headers
− Custom G&D exhaust
− Bigger Injectors
− Custom G&D Cam
− Large Trans Cooler
− G&D Airbox
− Custom Manifold
− Vernier Adjustable Cam Gear
− 3" Metal Substrate Cat
− LSD Conversion with 3.9's done by G&D
− G&D Edit & Custom Tune

My mods:
- Surecam cam
- Crow Cams vernier gear
- JMM valve springs
- JMM spring retainers
- Headsense ported head
- Pacie comp headers
- 100cpsi Ballistic 4 inch cat
- 3 inch cat back
- custom intake
- Tickford CAI
- KandN XStream pod filter
- 3.9 LSD diff
- 3000RPM stall converter
- Chiptorque custom tune
- 9mm QLD ignition plug leads
- GSS341 Walbro pump

And my 1/4 time as 14.65@95.88mph.

I have injectors also, but not in the car yet.
When I emailed about a revised package, Tim was only too happy to do a piece together kit for me, and I asked for the kit without pod, injectors or flash tuner, and the price was in the late $3000's.

Its apparently very easy to do, there were a couple of girls up here who done one on a Commodore and it took 4 hours.

I dont think there is anything in our setup that we would need to change.

I have had a lot of conflicting reports on power figures though. I make 154kw, and was told anywhere fro 200kw to 240kw at the treads.

Torque would go from 410nm to over 500nm.

Thats about all I can think of, hope it helps a bit.
Old 14-09-2009, 06:34 AM   #3
au2sw
Blown 5L coming

i am so tempted to s/c my fairmont....but i think im going down the V8 path. i had a look at the raptor s/c for the AU a while ago, being the cheapest on the market that im aware of i think it would be a good buy. i would be doing what josh did and calling them to find out how much they could do a kit for you without the stuff you already have.

NEW CLUB FOR SUNSHINE COAST !! www.f-p-e.proboards.com

Contact Col (au2sw) via PM or on MSN @ efmonty@hotmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware
Its like central locking in your car. We've all had cars without it and we were fine then, but try and take it from me? NO WAY.
au2sw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2009, 01:08 PM   #4
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Monty - Ours are very similar indeed with only 2 major differences really, headwork and stall. I plan on having a hi-stall back in the car before the S/C goes in (I had mine taken out when I had the new auto put in) I may upgrade the fuel pump as well. As for kw's, numbers mean nothing to me. It's how quick I put that power to the ground.

au2sw - I'll be contacting them this week for a price. It's definately going to happen. It's just a matter of saving and patience lol. I have some cash saved so I'm just going to hold what I've saved and add it to the new S/C fund

Can anyone fill me in on the legalities of having this done?
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
FRDGAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post