Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 24-01-2012, 07:43 PM   #1
Boza
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default I hate ACA

Did anyone see the story on ACA tonight about car hoons I only caught the last few bits a tracey grimshaw saying if you have an issue with car enthusiasts in your area contact us

Why should people be upset at car enthusiasts were not hoons or is every car enthusiast a hoon I;m reconsidering building a car if this is the wau it gfoing to be or should I just start restoring cars I love building old cars and doing tastefull mods but now I dunno

Old 24-01-2012, 07:46 PM   #2
belvo

Default Re: I hate ACA

you mad bro
Old 24-01-2012, 07:47 PM   #3
xbcool
dazed&confused

yeah I watch it as well , and some of the cars in the film didn't do our hobby any favours.

surely they know that every 2nd person has an iphone and can upload to youtube on the spot, police just have to watch then come get you.

steve

beauty is only skin deep.
ugly goes all the way to the bone.
Old 24-01-2012, 07:47 PM   #4
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Yeah, I seen the whole thing.

Kicked off with two restored XW or XY Falcons, one on its first cruise since its restoration, copped about $750 worth of fines and defect plus another $450 or something on the other.

One had a carby air filter hanging out of the bonet, and got done at 117db, so defect, police fines + EPA fines coming in the mail.

The majority of them where Jap cars getting done.
Old 24-01-2012, 07:51 PM   #5
samsy351
351XB - Underbelly II Car

One of the Jappers got done for having a bi modal type exhaust set up !! but its legal for the new GT!
Old 24-01-2012, 07:52 PM   #6
rag top
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boza
Did anyone see the story on ACA tonight about car hoons I only caught the last few bits a tracey grimshaw saying if you have an issue with car enthusiasts in your area contact us
It's slow news week.
Old 24-01-2012, 07:53 PM   #7
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

I cannot stand that show, is gutter media.
Old 24-01-2012, 07:58 PM   #8
samsy351
351XB - Underbelly II Car

To be honest the 2 guys in the Falcon did themselves and other enthusiasts no favours by saying how they had "done burnouts just the other day" and the other one saying "this is why cops get their head kicked in" . Not very smart things to say on TV. It just played into the hands of some typically biased reporting from that rubbish show.
Old 24-01-2012, 08:02 PM   #9
theboxmike

**** you Tracey no wonder nobody takes you seriously.

Seriously i can't believe she said that last line.
Old 24-01-2012, 08:06 PM   #10
Ford_The_Win
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Who doesn't hate ACA/Today Tonight? They are the lowest of the low, peddling lies and propaganda. The chattering classes lap it up though, they seem to love it.
Old 24-01-2012, 08:14 PM   #11
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boza

Why should people be upset at car enthusiasts were not hoons or is every car enthusiast a hoon I;m reconsidering building a car if this is the wau it gfoing to be or should I just start restoring cars I love building old cars and doing tastefull mods but now I dunno
htfu dont let that old bag beat you down.....
Old 24-01-2012, 08:16 PM   #12
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsy351
and the other one saying "this is why cops get their head kicked in" . Not very smart things to say on TV. It just played into the hands of some typically biased reporting from that rubbish show.
Very astute samsy351. He sounds like a bit of a fool admitting he's done this kind of thing before but this grinds my axe.

Please note I am taking creative license here, just as the media does but it is to illustrate the nonsense that ACA and TT perpetrate.

How the media works 101

What happened: Police started to belittle and taunt car owners (don't call bs, I've seen it and had it happen enough times to write a book).

What the result was: Someone reacts and gets into a yelling match with the police who subsequently arrest him.

What was actually said: "Look at these idiots, they just stir up people trying to get their arrest quota up, this is why cops get their head kicked in"

What was reported: "*snip*... this is why cops get their head kicked in"

A comment is taken out of context and made to fit the reporters agenda.

This is classic media beat up strategy and it is just standard practice in order to get the most sensational story.

At the end of the day, watching these programs is simply fuelling the fire as they base their shows on viewing numbers (i.e ratings).

By watching it and reacting the way you have, they have actually done exactly what they set out to do.

You have become yet another viewer that has helped them create more pathetic, biased and agenda driven journalism... if you'd go so far as to dignify it as that.

If you don't want it on the air, don't watch it, if you go on ranting and raving about it to them, they most likely will interview you... and then portray you as a ranting and raving lunatic hoon that does burnouts for breakfast

ACA and TT are the journalism equivalent to ambulance chasing lawyers
My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Current Ride: Not a falcon, the struggle is real

Last edited by grandpa_spec_F6; 24-01-2012 at 08:22 PM.
Old 24-01-2012, 08:22 PM   #13
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

If that XY owner is indicative of what defines a car enthusiast then I will burn my Landau and embark on a knitting course
Old 24-01-2012, 08:24 PM   #14
bundera

You can leave comments on this story on their website so long as you follow their rules -
DONT
Defame any person.
Breach anyone’s intellectual property rights or confidentiality.
Breach privacy laws.
Breach anti-discrimination laws.
Contain any links, advertising or marketing material or spam.
Stalk or harass any person.
Encourage or promote or assist the commission of any illegal act.
Contain excessively coarse language or content.

But it's ok for them to do all this with their ******** reporting!!!!
Old 24-01-2012, 08:27 PM   #15
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Woah woah woah "Stalk or harass any person"

Don't they openly wait for, harass and follow people in the majority of their opening segments??
My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Current Ride: Not a falcon, the struggle is real
Old 24-01-2012, 08:29 PM   #16
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
Closed Thread