Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 02-02-2010, 09:39 PM   #1
LOW_XR
460hp + manual = fun

Default xr8 radiator?

hey all. my au fell off the jack last week :(
now its a au3 xr8 ute. auto.i smashed the thermo fans, bent the radiator, bent the condensor and bent the panel that sits under the radiator.

now i want to know is there a difference in the above items from i6 to v8?

any help would be great and thanx in advance

cheers dylan.

BA XR6 turbo, blood orange, 6 speed , mal wood option 3+ clutch, fg gt style 19's , xr8 bonnet, no spoiler , de-badged , sunroof , leather , premo, fpv wheel, plazmaman 1100hp cooler, plazmaman hot + cold side piping and intake, x force exhaust, 460 rwhp and more....
LOW_XR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2010, 09:42 PM   #2
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

The I6 and baby V8 radiators are the same basically... but for the XR8, i'd highely suggest upgrading it...

The rest are identical from what i know.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:46 PM   #3
LOW_XR
460hp + manual = fun

how would i upgrade? is a manual v8 radiator better? then fit a trans cooler?
BA XR6 turbo, blood orange, 6 speed , mal wood option 3+ clutch, fg gt style 19's , xr8 bonnet, no spoiler , de-badged , sunroof , leather , premo, fpv wheel, plazmaman 1100hp cooler, plazmaman hot + cold side piping and intake, x force exhaust, 460 rwhp and more....
Old 02-02-2010, 09:54 PM   #4
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

No... upgrade from a alloy core to wide tube brass core... they only use 2 rows, but they are as efficient as 3 row cores... i have one of these myself in my AUII SR 5.0ltr... i got the best you could get from Adrad for an off the shelf unit.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:26 PM   #5
LOW_XR
460hp + manual = fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfernoSR
No... upgrade from a alloy core to wide tube brass core... they only use 2 rows, but they are as efficient as 3 row cores... i have one of these myself in my AUII SR 5.0ltr... i got the best you could get from Adrad for an off the shelf unit.

ah ok nice, whats one of those worth?
Old 02-02-2010, 10:29 PM   #6
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

About $400... well worth it though... i'd get another if i needed one...