Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 12-06-2011, 12:24 PM   #1
RaryGirl
Starter Motor

Default Mondeo TDCi pricing

Is there no room to move on pricing? Or are they popular so no need to negotiate on prices?

RaryGirl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2011, 05:18 PM   #2
AlanD
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Mondeo TDCi pricing

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaryGirl
Is there no room to move on pricing? Or are they popular so no need to negotiate on prices?
Hi RG,

There is always room to negotiate on the price of anything that you buy - but since you appear to have written a deal (pickup next saturday?) I'm guessing that for you the price is locked in. Also there was a delay with delivery of MC models I think and this might have generated some pent up demand that puts a bit of a brake on the deals you can write. I'm unsure if we got any MC models in 2010 (although I'm sure that they were being built in 2010). Reading posts to this subforum gave me the idea that the MC model started being delivered to OZ customers from early 2011. I'm sure I will be corrected if this isn't the case.

I learned long ago that once you have contracted to buy at a price (or bought and taken delivery) the only thing that asking this kind of question will do is generate some dis-satisfaction if you find that someone got a better deal than you did.

We purchased a set of floor mats from Big W for the order of $30 Two front and two rear in black rubber with a dark grey carpet insert which fitted the foot wells quite nicely. LED running lights are a factory fit, SFAIK, and I'm guessing anything you might be able to source as an after market option might look rather amateurish.

Enjoy the car and welcome to the Forum

Cheers

Our Drive: Mondeo
MD TDCi Titanium Wagon
Ruby Red

AlanD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2011, 06:51 PM   #3
RaryGirl
Starter Motor

Thanks for your reply Alan.

We have secured a vehicle now, an ex demo with just over 2,000kms on it. To be honest we had given up on buying one as the dealer here (regional city) wasn't interested in budging on price and even when I contacted dealers in Brisbane, they were happy to take off $500 but that's it, so I was just curious as to maybe there wasn't any margin in them.

ETA: Dealers were happy to negotiate on the MB, but we wanted an MC (sedan or wagon).

We were just about to sign on the dotted line to buy a people mover ... woohoo ... I was so excited about driving one of those, very practical and a good vehicle, just not very exciting. Then a dealer I had contacted the month before rang back and said he was able to 'do a deal' now. If he had accepted the price I had originally offered first time around it would have saved me a month of searching and him with another month of it sitting in the lot ... but ah well, deal is done now and we're all happy.

That's a shame about the running lights ... the do look nice, but I'm not going to install an after market version if they look diy ... iykwim.
Old 12-06-2011, 09:32 PM   #4
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Pay what you think is a fair price. They are great cars and you'll enjoy it.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2011, 09:49 PM   #5
RaryGirl
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1
Pay what you think is a fair price. They are great cars and you'll enjoy it.
That was it ... 'they' didn't agree to what we thought was a fair price ... nah only joking, just trying to purchase the car within our budget.

It's fantastic to hear they are a great car ... as I said in my other thread, never owned a ford and to be honest I had never heard of a Mondeo until we were doing the search for a diesel family car. Drove it and was pleasantly surprised ... so I am looking forward to picking the car up.
Old 13-06-2011, 05:00 AM   #6
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Haven't seen a MC on the road in NZ yet. There may well be supply issues in Europe for the diesel powertrain.
Old 13-06-2011, 05:47 PM   #7
RaryGirl
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ XR6
Haven't seen a MC on the road in NZ yet. There may well be supply issues in Europe for the diesel powertrain.
I don't see any Mondeo's here ... but my husband has seen a few around our town, not sure of the model though.