Old 18-02-2024, 08:30 AM   #2
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Default Re: Cars you don't see many of anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkyard-Dog View Post
Never see EB-ED XR6s any more :(
ED XR falcons are a fav of mine, agreed never see them anymore.
Other day riding to work, i see in the distance what looked to be an ED XR6. Got closer, was a plain jane model with a bona fide XR front.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 05-03-2024, 05:53 AM   #3
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83 View Post
ED XR falcons are a fav of mine, agreed never see them anymore.
Other day riding to work, i see in the distance what looked to be an ED XR6. Got closer, was a plain jane model with a bona fide XR front.
I plan to get either an eb2 sxr6 or ed xr6 by the end of 2025. When I was 18-21 I owned a beautiful stark white 93 eb2 sxr6 but foolishly totaled it while drunk after breaking up with a girl.

I paid ~$2k for that car - which had Pacemakers, high flow cat and 2.5" exhaust with magnaflow mufflers, lowered, professionally installed sound system, full momo interior, had less than 50,000kms on the rebuilt engine and the paint etc was flawless.

Oh, the folly of that day. Let's be real, the car was nice but I'm just glad I didn't kill somebody else in my stupidity.

I expect to pay 10x what I paid for that car but it'll be worth it. I actually prefer the eb/eb2 sxr6 because (call me crazy) but I'm not a massive fan of the twin lights on that bodyshape - they look amazing on the EF/EL/AU though.
Junkyard-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 05-03-2024, 07:42 AM   #4
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkyard-Dog View Post
I plan to get either an eb2 sxr6 or ed xr6 by the end of 2025. When I was 18-21 I owned a beautiful stark white 93 eb2 sxr6 but foolishly totaled it while drunk after breaking up with a girl.

I paid ~$2k for that car - which had Pacemakers, high flow cat and 2.5" exhaust with magnaflow mufflers, lowered, professionally installed sound system, full momo interior, had less than 50,000kms on the rebuilt engine and the paint etc was flawless.

Oh, the folly of that day. Let's be real, the car was nice but I'm just glad I didn't kill somebody else in my stupidity.

I expect to pay 10x what I paid for that car but it'll be worth it. I actually prefer the eb/eb2 sxr6 because (call me crazy) but I'm not a massive fan of the twin lights on that bodyshape - they look amazing on the EF/EL/AU though.
Ah the old e series. I change my mind more than my underpants but the old e series XR6 would make a cheapesh fun track car and sound better than a barra doing it.

I wish I never sold my old 105 Alfa GTV2000...in hindsight I let it go for nothing..$8k FFS, it needed work but wasnt that bad, id kill for that car now with what I want to do with circuit racing.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 05-03-2024, 10:22 AM   #5
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
Ah the old e series. I change my mind more than my underpants but the old e series XR6 would make a cheapesh fun track car and sound better than a barra doing it.

I wish I never sold my old 105 Alfa GTV2000...in hindsight I let it go for nothing..$8k FFS, it needed work but wasnt that bad, id kill for that car now with what I want to do with circuit racing.
The early e series cars make great track cars. They're so much lighter than AUs, let alone the even heavier BAs etc. They handle well too when set up appropriately - I actually like the live rear axle too. The sohc definitely sounds tougher than the Barra.

I just hope you change your underwear regularly. Otherwise crotch rot is a serious risk.
Junkyard-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post