Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 03-04-2010, 10:56 AM   #1
josh_hartman
Banned

Question AU xr8 ute engine question

Hi everyone i have been on this forum for years, my first car was an au series 1 6 cyl forte. then swapped my bike for an au xr8 series 3 220kw but was under finance so had to swap back, now im about to swap my commy for a black au xr8 ute series 1 5 speed. now i know the ute has the 185kw engine so i was wondering what parts i need to make it the same as 220kw version. also he says it has svo spec heads. how do i verify this? cheers

josh_hartman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2010, 11:45 AM   #2
XR23IL

i could b way off but the i thought that the only svo heads that come out of ford were on the t series 2 and they were alloy. So if the ute has a set of alloy heads i guess they could b.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:16 PM   #3
josh_hartman
Banned

well the guy selling it thinks the ute is a series 2 when its clearly a series 1. he doesnt know that much so i think he is full of ********. its a 99 xr8. series 1 fascia, cluster and front
josh_hartman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2010, 08:55 PM   #4
b2tf
not here much anymore

The intake and heads are the same throughout the XR8 series - it's just that the 220's had a little bit of work done to the heads. From memory it is injectors, intake pipework and mainly tuning that make the increased power.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:06 PM   #5
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

You'd be much better to just get a decent exhaust , CIA and tune and then drive it and enjoy.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2010, 10:55 PM   #6
cedric
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ported heads,larger valves,ported intake manifold,larger throttle body,different cam,better extractors,higher fuel pressure,oil cooler,higher compression and different tune
cedric is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2010, 11:48 PM   #7
CRAIGAU3220
Cat be Still !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedric
ported heads,larger valves,ported intake manifold,larger throttle body,different cam,better extractors,higher fuel pressure,oil cooler,higher compression and different tune
Spot on cedric.
CRAIGAU3220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2010, 12:13 AM   #8
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedric
Not sure about the extractors, I thought they were the same.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2010, 09:18 AM   #9
5.0 ED
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has helped a number of AFF members with their cars, particularly with EEC tuning Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with sound technical advice. 

extractors were all the same on the xr8's
5.0 ED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2010, 01:49 PM   #10
CRAIGAU3220
Cat be Still !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0whiteaughia
extractors were all the same on the xr8's
oops, didn't skim through cedric's list but did miss extractors, off to OPSM I go.
CRAIGAU3220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2010, 09:49 PM   #11
cedric
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

they look the same as my 185 ute, but i thought they were the same as t3 ones ,which i thought were upgraded
cedric is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post