Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 04:02 PM   #1
AustinA40
Tourer

Default Warranties

G'Day
I purchased a new Territory Ghia AWD 2006 in late Feb. at a Nth. East Ford Dealer and received a free 2 year extended warranty, I had the Territory serviced there except for the 45000km service which was done on the Gold Coast, the warranty stipulated that all servicing be carried out at their dealership or it would be rendered void. I explained it would be too early to do before I left or it would be too late if I waited to have it done on return. I tow a Caravan and I am particular with servicing being done at the due time, after running around home and the trip up to GC. it was 200km under, they told me not to worry about it and everything would be fine.
I continued to have it serviced at the Dealership when the Ford warranty ran out (time wise) Took it in to have the 90000km service and under the extended warranty it stipulated the latest demo would be supplied to run around in, to my disgust I was handed the keys to an EL wagon work car (clunker) I objected to this and was told the demo was already out, the Service Manager should be aware of the conditions of the warranty and abide by them. Up to this time we had a good relationship with them.
I picked up my keys and walked into the showroom to look at the new Territory which I was contemplating buying, I then drove to another Nth East Ford Dealer and received good personnal service, had the car serviced and the upgrade to the computer, I will continue to go there for servicing and perhaps buy a new Territory from them if the deal is satisfactory. When I got home I rang the original Dealer Principal who was buying cars in Melb. and I got the impression he could'nt care less, so much for tough times.

Old 11-08-2009, 04:36 PM   #2
smally289
growing up is optional

So much for customer service hey! Go to the place that looks after you the best, makes sense to me.
A dealership will make more money from you having service work done than selling you a new car, sounds like they are going to miss out on both opportunities.
Old 11-08-2009, 06:36 PM   #3
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinA40
I continued to have it serviced at the Dealership when the Ford warranty ran out (time wise) Took it in to have the 90000km service and under the extended warranty it stipulated the latest demo would be supplied to run around in, to my disgust I was handed the keys to an EL wagon work car (clunker) I objected to this and was told the demo was already out, the Service Manager should be aware of the conditions of the warranty and abide by them.
Did you give them fair warning and book the loan car in advance? I've had my fair share of loan cars provided by a dealer but never the latest demo on the spot after I've just rolled up out of the blue and not pre-booked it...?
Old 12-08-2009, 03:22 PM   #4
AustinA40
Tourer

Rodp
I did give them fair warning, the Service Manager to my mind was cracking the shits over something, that's their problem.
I go by the saying "there is more than 1 pebble on the baech" I will give any Business the flick if the service is not forthcoming, many years ago I would accept crap treatment but not know.
Old 12-08-2009, 05:47 PM   #5
MR_SIDO
you'd be popular too.....

the subject of your post is "warranties" did this dealer honor their warranty, even though you had it serviced elsewhere? Also, a dealer does not have an infinite number of new cars to hand out to their customers, you should be happy that they gave you a vehicle whilst it was in for repairs. Most dealers charge for their loan cars, did they charge you? As always i believe there is two sides to this story.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:26 PM   #6
Withnail

Yeah a but confused, from your title I thought there was a problem with them honouring your warranty?

Sounds like you just weren't happy with the loan car? Fair enough, but is it really worth having an argument over it? You got a car to runabout in for the day and it didn't cost you anything. Then you got your car back and everyone is happy.

Only you're not, because you wanted the latest car to drive in as a loaner. I dunno mate, I reckon that some battles just aren't worth the trouble.
Old 13-08-2009, 12:07 PM   #7
AustinA40
Tourer

Default AustinA40

MR_SIDO
Confusion! Under the free 2yr extended warranty you had to have the car serviced at their premises for the 3yr Ford warranty or the 2yr free extended warranty would be void. I explained to them I would be in Surfers and would get the 45000km service done up there, on return I was told it was OK and the 2yr extended warranty would still be in force.
After the Ford warranty ran out time wise I took the car in to have the 90000km service done (and the brake hoses replaced, which they could not do because I was not on the list) under the 2yr extended warranty, as I have explained I gave them plenty on notice to honour their warranty as a matter of principle, I would have accepted the clunker if I had bought a lesser Ford model, upspec models got the free 2yr warranty. I have never paid for a loan car, as far as I know if you bought the car from a Ford dealer and have it serviced there and booked a loan car it was provided free, otherwise you paid. (The other dealer serviced and replaced hoses after I told them I was going away towing a Caravan, he now has my business) What is the point of an extended warranty if it is not honoured, do not accept second best.
Old 13-08-2009, 12:10 PM   #8
Eu-GenixX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

so... what is it they failed to repair under warranty? i'm finding it a little hard to follow your post.... sorry
Old 13-08-2009, 12:16 PM   #9
AustinA40
Tourer

Default AustinA40

The warranty was not honoured, I was not happy with the loan car, I did not argue over it, the conversation was civil, the warranty stipulated the latest demo, I gave them plenty of notice.
Old 13-08-2009, 12:37 PM   #10
AustinA40
Tourer

Smile AustinA40

I had a good relationship with the dealer since buying the Territory Ghia over the years until this incident, I now go elswhere.
End of story
Old 13-08-2009, 12:42 PM   #11
Eu-GenixX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

so.. it's not that they didn't honor the warranty.. it's that they didn't give you the loan car you wanted?.. i thought you were saying they refused to fix something because you got it serviced once elsewhere..
Old 13-08-2009, 05:01 PM   #12
MR_SIDO

So, you got it serviced somewhere else and they said that the warranty would be ok......wow, you really got a raw deal, you crack it over a dealer not giving you a current vehicle as a loan car and decide to go elsewhere? I think the dealer may not be missing you....
Old 13-08-2009, 05:26 PM   #13
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Sounds like a storm in a teacup to me, the thread is about a loan car.
Old 13-08-2009, 06:04 PM   #14
AustinA40
Tourer

Default Austin40

MR_SIDO
I would like to know what you would do in similar circumstances, probably meekly accept any piece of , despite what the warranty stipulates.
I don't give a if the dealer does or does not miss me, he is the one that is missing out, as I have stated previously (there is more than one pebble on the beach) it is the principle I am concerned about.
Maybe you do not have principles but I do and abide by them.
Old 13-08-2009, 06:13 PM   #15
Busted

Let me see if this is right. You had the vehicle serviced at a gold cost dealer and you knew that this was not in line with the extended warranty agreament. The dealer that you purchesed the car from decided to fix your car under waranty any way. He was unable to give you the latest demo as a loan vehicle on the day so you now black ban the dealer.

So its OK for you to brake the turms of the extended warranty but its not Ok for the dealer. There deal braker was not as big as yours yet they where going to let it slide becouse you have been a good customer to them.

Have you ever heard the saying "don't cry over spilt milk"

Sounds like you need a tissue and a glass of harden up.
Old 13-08-2009, 06:24 PM   #16
MR_SIDO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
Sounds like a storm in a teacup to me, the thread is about a loan car.
Yeah, that just about sums it up. This thread is ridiculous.
Old 13-08-2009, 07:17 PM   #17
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busted
Let me see if this is right. You had the vehicle serviced at a gold cost dealer and you knew that this was not in line with the extended warranty agreament. The dealer that you purchesed the car from decided to fix your car under waranty any way. He was unable to give you the latest demo as a loan vehicle on the day so you now black ban the dealer.

So its OK for you to brake the turms of the extended warranty but its not Ok for the dealer. There deal braker was not as big as yours yet they where going to let it slide becouse you have been a good customer to them.

Have you ever heard the saying "don't cry over spilt milk"

Sounds like you need a tissue and a glass of harden up.
After reading through and realising what the thread was actually about.. I couldn't have said it better myself.
Old 13-08-2009, 07:30 PM   #18
GT450
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I can see why the DP couldn't care less hardly worth the time it took to gripe about.
Cheers
GT450
Old 13-08-2009, 07:32 PM   #19
WILDB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You should be happy that you got a loan car for free full stop. Most dealers charge for loaners. I know you keep on clinging onto the piece of paper that says a demo, but be thankful you got something as most wouldn't do it.
Old 13-08-2009, 07:50 PM   #20
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
MR_SIDO
I would like to know what you would do in similar circumstances, probably meekly accept any piece of , despite what the warranty stipulates.
I don't give a if the dealer does or does not miss me, he is the one that is missing out, as I have stated previously (there is more than one pebble on the beach) it is the principle I am concerned about.
Maybe you do not have principles but I do and abide by them.
You obviously believe you are a pioneer to this and no one else has been shafted by a dealer...

He aint missin out on nothing, he'll no doubt fill your 3 monthly spot with a new customer thats been shafted by the dealer your now using.

And so the cog turns.
Old 14-08-2009, 05:13 PM   #21
AustinA40
Tourer

Smile AustinA40

Busted
I checked with the dealer about the 45000km Ford service being too early to do before going up to Qld. and had it serviced up there at a Ford Dealer, I did query the terms and was told it was OK, I then had the remaining services done at my Ford dealer until the Ford warranty ran out, time wise.
Every thing was fine until on presenting the Territory Ghia for work to be carried out under the extended warranty hit the fan. I did break the terms technically (it can be difficult if you travel to to be in the right town to have your car serviced by the selling dealer) but the abberation was cleared by the dealer.
As I have said previously I gave the Service Manager plenty of notice for the latest demo (one of the perks for buying an upmarket car) to be provided but
was offered an ageing clunker.
I could not stick to the terms but was cleared, if the Service Manager (who was in a shitty mood, for reasons unknown) had done the right thing I would still be going there.
I have heard the saying "don't cry over spilt milk" but I do not believe it applies to me, but I don't mind if you believe it to be true.
You can stick the tissue but I will have a glass of harden up (whatever that is) maybe several.
ps I have just had my Prostate removed, it could be beneficial.

THIS WILL BE THE LAST ANSWER TO ANY MORE THREADS, I THINK IT HAS GOT OUT OF CONTROL.

Last edited by AustinA40; 14-08-2009 at 05:17 PM. Reason: Mistake
Old 14-08-2009, 05:26 PM   #22
AustinA40
Tourer

BENT_EIGHT
I am no pioneer, and would not be presumptious to think I am, and have been shafted by Dealers and by Ford itself in the past and you are probably right about the cog turning.
Old 14-08-2009, 05:33 PM   #23
AustinA40
Tourer

GT450
Hardly worth the time, hardly worth the on-going business?
Old 14-08-2009, 05:41 PM   #24
AustinA40
Tourer

Yellow_Festiva
Thank you.
Old 14-08-2009, 07:10 PM   #25
MR_SIDO

Quote:
Yellow_Festiva
Thank you.
wtf??
Old 14-08-2009, 07:13 PM   #26
ZDHLANE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Atleast you were given a loan car!
1997 El Futura Saphire 11 Wagon
1985 xf Fairmont sedan
Old 14-08-2009, 08:07 PM   #27
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 
Default This one has run it's course.

Closed Thread