Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 09-01-2008, 08:28 PM   #1
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 
Default Another New Fiesta Owner

Today we purchased a Fiesta 5 door hatch, auto, silver in colour got an 07 run out special deal through site sponsor Etheridge Ford $17,500 drive away with 12 months free comprehensive insurance with Allianz, this alone is worth over $600.
Pick it up Saturday morning and my wife is very happy :
After driving a Hyundai for 5 years this will be a much nicer car to drive.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2008, 08:41 PM   #2
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Very nice, spoolman. I hope the Fiesta serves yous well.

Hows the F6 btw? what's new?
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2008, 08:46 PM   #3
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That's a very good price for a new auto Fez, congrats....you must have done a bit of "arm twisting" for that deal, hope the wife enjoys the new car.
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2008, 08:50 PM   #4
SpoolMan

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ives
Very nice, spoolman. I hope the Fiesta serves yous well.

Hows the F6 btw? what's new?
Keeping the F6 to good a car to let go at this stage.
My wife has never driven the F6, she thinks it may bite her..lol..
Fiesta seems a well built car no rattles like the Hyundai we looked at a Kia only because of the value deals going, the Fiesta has ABS better finished inside and didn't work out to be a lot more for a better car with the current deals Ford dealers have.
Saturday morning Etheridge Ford say I can have a drive of the new turbo Mondeo I am looking froward to that.

Anyone have a number for a K&N filter for the Fiesta?

Quote:
Originally Posted by robjh80
That's a very good price for a new auto Fez, congrats....you must have done a bit of "arm twisting" for that deal, hope the wife enjoys the new car.
See Andrew at Etheridge Ford he has 2 more 5 door auto's left and I am sure he would accommodate all AFF Members with the same price on 07 plated, if you know anyone who is interested.

Last edited by SpoolMan; 09-01-2008 at 08:55 PM.
Old 09-01-2008, 09:06 PM   #5
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolMan
Keeping the F6 to good a car to let go at this stage.
My wife has never driven the F6, she thinks it may bite her..lol..
Fiesta seems a well built car no rattles like the Hyundai we looked at a Kia only because of the value deals going, the Fiesta has ABS better finished inside and didn't work out to be a lot more for a better car with the current deals Ford dealers have.
Saturday morning Etheridge Ford say I can have a drive of the new turbo Mondeo I am looking froward to that.
Sounds good!

As for the part numbers for the K&N Filters for the 1.6l Fiesta :-

-K&N Apollo - RC-5052AB www.knfilters.com/universal/apollo.htm
(it's basically an enclosed pod filter... so it's legal )

-K&N pod filter - 57-0468 http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...x?Prod=57-0468
(Apparently un-enclosed pod filters are illegal?)

-K&N panel filter - 33-2853 http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...x?Prod=33-2853
Old 09-01-2008, 09:10 PM   #6
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

K&N Apollo - RC-5052AB. I can vouch for an extra 5kws atw.

Very nice rides you have there Spoolman. The auto is one of the best around in small cars. Great price too.

Any other planned mods. You know you want to....
Old 09-01-2008, 09:35 PM   #7
phoonfan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

haha! thanks for the Rap Mark! Although read your contract! Was $17,400

Did i forget tell you "NOT" to tell anyone else what you paid!!!!!

C ya Saturday!
phoonfan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2008, 09:46 PM   #8
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Pity it doesn't come in yellow :

Congrats on your purchase.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2008, 10:08 PM   #9
SpoolMan

Quote:
Thanks for the numbers we will use the replacement panel filter

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoonfan
haha! thanks for the Rap Mark! Although read your contract! Was $17,400

Did i forget tell you "NOT" to tell anyone else what you paid!!!!!

C ya Saturday!
Thank you Andrew for a good deal, see Saturday for a drive of the turbo Mondeo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
Pity it doesn't come in yellow :

Congrats on your purchase.
Europeans need to get a bit of colour in there life, I thinks Silver is the best colour women don't treat there cars the best, at the moment like you she has a black car and we said never again...

Old 09-01-2008, 10:23 PM   #10
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Europeans need to get a bit of colour in there life, I thinks Silver is the best colour women don't treat there cars the best, at the moment like you she has a black car and we said never again...
I'll never buy another black car, as longas I shall live. Of course, I may change my mind next week, or get hit by a truck, so you never know.

I like silver.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2008, 12:04 AM   #11
JojoRio
Starter Motor

hi there,
nice price with insurance included.
i too am looking at the fiesta zetec 3 dr auto for my wife (first quote was 19400 drive away, 07 model, sea grey). I want the xr4 bodykit but can't seem to find it. Dealer was stumped when I asked him how i can get that body kit. Does anyone know where to get bodykits for the fiesta?
thanks for the help
JojoRio is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2008, 01:06 AM   #12
Ben85

Hey Jojo,

There is a thread on here somewhere about the bodykits, I kno that peter warren in smithfield have a bofykit that they have custom made for the fiestas. Its 2400 dollars without stripes. If you find the thread there are pis of the kit. I think the thread is called "bodykit"

Interior:- MOMO Blue Leather Gear Knob, Window tint, Scuff Plates, ST Black & Blue Leather seats, Soundstream Amp & 5x7 speakers, Sony Headunit, Pioneer sub & Amp.

Under the Hood:- Superchips ECU Flash Tune, Denso Iridium plugs, KV85 Magnecor Leads, BMC CDA Induction.

Exterior:- Spoiler, clear side repeaters, Lowered (35mm) King Springs, Whiteline 22mm Rear sway bar, 2" cat back exhaust with a dual conversion, Konig 17" Hotswap with Kumho Rubber, HID's.
Ben85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2008, 01:09 AM   #13
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JojoRio
hi there,
i too am looking at the fiesta zetec 3 dr auto for my wife (first quote was 19400 drive away, 07 model, sea grey). I want the xr4 bodykit but can't seem to find it. Dealer was stumped when I asked him how i can get that body kit. Does anyone know where to get bodykits for the fiesta?
thanks for the help
Here we go post all you like in this thread about body kits..
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...hlight=bodykit

Old 10-01-2008, 09:41 AM   #14
photn
AFF Post NAZI

If you want the XR4 Bodykit, you will unfortunately have to import it from www.european-parts.net

they do good prices and it will probably work out cheaper from them.

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2008, 10:01 AM   #15
phoonfan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
hi there,
thanks for the help
How about a black 06 plate for $18,900 d/away with Silver stripes?
phoonfan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2008, 10:54 AM   #16
JojoRio
Starter Motor

thanks for the info guys.
Sorry about the bodykit question.
Can you also tell me more information regarding the Fez (auto, Zetec). (Drive, handling, fuel consumption, running costs, safety, overall feel of the car).
I read some reviews and it kept getting beat by the yaris or the mazda2 when they were tested and compared.
Again thanks for the help. I am looking to purchase by the end of this month and all the info I can get will certainly be a lot of help.
JojoRio is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2008, 04:52 PM   #17
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Can you also tell me more information regarding the Fez (auto, Zetec). (Drive, handling, fuel consumption, running costs, safety, overall feel of the car)..
The drive is VERY subjective. It differs from one person to another. Some might like it, some might not.

All I can tell you is the facts about the 1.6l Fiesta :-

Handling - The best in its class.

Fuel Consumption - Hours of highway cruising = 7.2l/100kms......... city driving/stop-start/bumper-to-bumper-peak-hr-traffic = 9.0l-9.2l/100kms
Recommended 95RON PULP, but performs best imo with 98RON PULP or more. Can run on 91ULP, but who does that these days.... really.

Safety - 4 out of 5 stars EuroNCAP safety rating. "Photn" rolled his Fiesta, he crawled out of it a couple of seconds later, took a pic and sent it to my phone. It did more damage mentally than physically. :P

Running costs - OEM 195/45R16 tyres might be expensive (compared to the other superminis) cos that size is rather rare. Service at Ford cost me $235-$240... every 15,000kms. Fuel costs see "fuel consumption".

Overall feel of the car - see "handling"
Old 12-01-2008, 02:45 PM   #18
SpoolMan

Picked up our new pocket rocket this morning, very happy the quality over the Hyundai where to you start.
Its so quiet and refined, my wife went to start it twice as she didn't hear the engine going..lol.
Down the freeway bliss no motor noise, no rattles.
Its well finished inside and the quality of the plastics in the interior of these European cars is above our Aussie built Falcons.
Standard Leather steering wheel was a pleasant surprise a very nice wheel.

Also had a fang in the Mondeo XR5, Ford Europe have really got there sh8t together.

A couple of happy snaps.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image113.jpg (68.8 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg Image115.jpg (58.5 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg Image116.jpg (38.0 KB, 36 views)

Old 12-01-2008, 03:42 PM   #19
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Awesome, man. Good to hear yous like it. It's a great little car, I'm still loving mine
Old 12-01-2008, 03:54 PM   #20
Airmon
King of the Fairy's.

Quote:

Safety - 4 out of 5 stars EuroNCAP safety rating. "Photn" rolled his Fiesta, he crawled out of it a couple of seconds later, took a pic and sent it to my phone. It did more damage mentally than physically. :P
You couldn't mess up Photn more mentally if you hired Hannibal Lecter to try!! :

Nice buy Spoolman, I think you'd be surprised how well these things keep up with XRs in the twisties, stock for stock. I think even Ben was impressed although he'll never admit it!
Airmon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2008, 03:57 PM   #21
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airmon
You couldn't mess up Photn more mentally if you hired Hannibal Lecter to try!! :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airmon
Nice buy Spoolman, I think you'd be surprised how well these things keep up with XRs in the twisties, stock for stock. I think even Ben was impressed although he'll never admit it!
Well, it made Ben said "....next cruise I'm bringing the Turbo".

Old 14-02-2008, 02:08 AM   #22
SpoolMan

What oil do you guys use book says 5w/30 dont want to use a synthetic until 10,000klm.

Old 14-02-2008, 04:47 AM   #23
Steffo
LPG > You

When I got my 30k service in my old WP Zetec done at Ford, they put 10W30 in it? It had 5W30 in it before that. Don't know why they went 10W30?
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2008, 04:58 PM   #24
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
What oil do you guys use book says 5w/30 dont want to use a synthetic until 10,000klm.
I use Castrol EDGE 5W-30... I got Ford to change the oil to Castrol at my 3000km complemetary service. I've been running the Fiesta with 5W-30 ever since. No problems whatsoever.
Old 14-02-2008, 07:18 PM   #25
SpoolMan

I use Nulon full synthetic in my F6 and love it, Nulon release a 5w/30 full synthetic this month I think I will be using that after 10,000klm in the Fev.
Tomorrow it gets the check over 3000 service, I will be having the oil changed too.

Old 20-02-2008, 08:47 PM   #26
Kariharnett
Lil Henry

I had an 02 Hyundai accent and going from that to a fiesta was so different. the clutch in the fez was so much easier, the gears felt right and the steering was effortless. i would never turn back to buying the Ford. although the boot in rather small and the spare wheel fits on a wheelbarrow. :(
Kariharnett is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2008, 08:49 PM   #27
frinik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffo
When I got my 30k service in my old WP Zetec done at Ford, they put 10W30 in it? It had 5W30 in it before that. Don't know why they went 10W30?
done that to mine too
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post