Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-12-2008, 09:49 AM   #1
MAGPIE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default F6 Car of the year

F6 wins AMI NZ Autocar, Car of the Year Award here in NZ

XR6 took out the large car category, F6 took out Performance car category and the overall award.

Great stuff :

http://www.scoop.co.nz/multimedia/tv...yle/16267.html (Video)

http://www.drivesouth.co.nz/news/101...the-year-award (Article)

Quote:
F6 wins AMI NZ Autocar Car of the Year Award

Fri, 5 Dec 2008 | Latest News | NZPA

A Ford sedan took top honours at the 2008 AMI Insurance NZ Autocar Car of the Year Awards last night.

The new turbocharged Ford Performance Vehicles F6 sedan was competing with nine other vehicles vying for the award which identifies the best new car release in the preceding 12 months.

NZ Autocar editor and chief judge Paul Owen said the FPV F6 was a clear winner, scoring 520 points from a total of 600 from the six judges, well ahead of the second placed vehicle, the Volkswagen Tiguan, on 500 points.

"Our award pits 10 category winners against each other, and for a performance car to win overall it must score highly for its practicality and value," he said.

"The F6 takes all the family values of an ordinary Ford Falcon and caps them off with dynamic levels of performance more comparable to a Ferrari."

Mr Owen said the 20-point margin of the FPV's win was unprecedented in the 15-year history of the magazine's Car of the Year award.

The category winners were selected by the judges from new models launched in New Zealand between November 30, 2007, and November 30, 2008.

The other finalists were the Honda Jazz (best small car), Peugeot 308 (best compact car), Mazda6 (best medium car), Ford Falcon FG (best large car), Volkswagen Tiguan (best crossover), Jaguar XKR Convertible (best roadster), Audi A4 (best executive car), Jaguar XF (best luxury car) and the Toyota Land Cruiser (best SUV).

Last year's winner was the Mazda2. Recent winners include the BMW 335i, Volkswagen Golf GTI, BMW 120d, Ford Mondeo, and Subaru Legacy.
MAGPIE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2008, 10:07 AM   #2
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

The awards just keep rolling in !

I like this quote from the video:
Quote:
It just proves how the Australians can build a car with magnificent performance, ability and refinement on about the same budget an international company would use to design a new cup holder.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2008, 11:52 AM   #3
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

woo hoo! the falcon is taking out awards left right center! Now, we just need a add that has the list of achivements!

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2008, 12:55 PM   #4
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Great to hear but shamefully Fords marketing dept won't use this to their advantage. :
Old 07-12-2008, 01:14 PM   #5
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

N.Z seem to love the Falcon more then the Aussies.
Old 07-12-2008, 01:50 PM   #6
Molloy
Captain beat down

Cant go wrong with the big blue

Molloy's Build thread
Molloy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2008, 02:41 PM   #7
GTP290

Well done Ford!!

Does anybody know if the F6 is going to be racing in any classes. We used to have Nations cup racing, GT Performance and GT production car racing which was good when there was a packed grid, but I dont know if those classes are still around.

Would love to see the F6 in a production type car race, would anyone else be keen seeing the F6 race and where we can see them race.
Old 07-12-2008, 05:29 PM   #8
EDManual
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Id love to see the F6 race.

I really think there should be a showroom showdown type support race for the V8 Supercars.
EDManual is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2008, 05:58 PM   #9
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Excellent news. Is an awesome car!
Old 07-12-2008, 06:30 PM   #10
platinumXR
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDManual
Id love to see the F6 race.

I really think there should be a showroom showdown type support race for the V8 Supercars.
Call me a cynic but you may find it has something to do with sponsors or corporate dollars or some other BS excuse... :

I think there has been an F6 or XR6 Turbo somewhere in amongst the PCAA Series or whatever it is called this week.

But I suspect there's more money in Ch7 or The Sprint Car Show...er..I mean SpeedWeek, sorry; (and didn't Channel Ten have a show with cars in it?) broadcasting the Porsche or Not So Mini Cup which as we all know are more exiting and important to Australian motorsports heritage than a Factory Production Car class...that would just be silly...

Toys:
2017.5 LZ Focus RS, Magnetic Grey my new pocket rocket
2008 BF2 RTV Ute
1993 EB2 S-XR8 Sedan, Platinum, manual (now sold)
1975 XB Fairmont GS Sedan, Tropic Gold...or Starlight Blue...not sure yet...(SOLD)
platinumXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2008, 06:48 PM   #11
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by platinumXR
Call me a cynic but you may find it has something to do with sponsors or corporate dollars or some other BS excuse... :

I think there has been an F6 or XR6 Turbo somewhere in amongst the PCAA Series or whatever it is called this week.

But I suspect there's more money in Ch7 or The Sprint Car Show...er..I mean SpeedWeek, sorry; (and didn't Channel Ten have a show with cars in it?) broadcasting the Porsche or Not So Mini Cup which as we all know are more exiting and important to Australian motorsports heritage than a Factory Production Car class...that would just be silly...
The F6, XR6T, GT and XR8 have all raced in the Prod car champ, believe it or not the XR8 has been the most successful out of the 4!

Old 07-12-2008, 07:03 PM   #12
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
The F6, XR6T, GT and XR8 have all raced in the Prod car champ, believe it or not the XR8 has been the most successful out of the 4!
Actually the BAMK or BF MK1 XR6T won the Production class series not sure what year either 05 or 06... although the XR8 has been the most successfull at Bathurst (With John Bowe at the wheel)
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2008, 10:56 PM   #13
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

what is this production car series you speak of .I did know it existed . But i want to watch
snappy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post