Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 31-07-2010, 08:48 PM   #1
HSVKILLA
moonlight rider

Default What do you drink & how much a week?

I personally don't really like beer,wine or spirits cause i have tried the lot and one way or another they either make me feel sick or give me a hell of a hangover.I've been drinking apple cider for awhile now(8.2%) and have two 1.25 bottles in the weekends on a friday or saturday and it is just right for me.Saying that how much do you drink a week and what and why?.

Old 31-07-2010, 08:52 PM   #2
Fordman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Depends if i go out or not, If i do then it's a few shots and beers' or spirits depending on what i feel like, otherwise in any other week, generally a casual beer or 3. Why, purely social, out with my mates.
Old 31-07-2010, 08:53 PM   #3
LOWBA6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Beer usually does nothing for me, though sometimes one goes down nice. Usually Drink Jack Daniels & Coke. Mainly only drink on weekends at the pub...
Old 31-07-2010, 08:58 PM   #4
burnz
VFII SS UTE

beer only, three long necks a week....prefere reches on "tap"

not a fan of spirits, thou i dont mind a good port..
Old 31-07-2010, 09:51 PM   #5
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Have the odd beer here and there after work ... maybe once a week though ... sometimes if that. I barely even get the time to get a drink in really.

Might have a glass of wine with dinner on a rare occasion ... but don't mind a nice port later in the evening on a cold night.
Old 31-07-2010, 10:16 PM   #6
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Drank jacks and coke for my Heathcote trip, but usually hit the woodstock 440 cans to save dollars, or beer if I'm at the pub. At the moment I am not spending much, got a car to spray, and other bills. Usually if i'm on a night out I spend around 150, but those nights are rare. I stop in at the pub Wednesday, Thursday, Friday for knock offs, usually have Saturdays off to compensate.
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Old 01-08-2010, 01:06 AM   #7
gags_17

I normally have 2 beers a night after work, And on week ends start off on beer and then get onto johny with coke, when im at the pub i get draught with a dash of lime
Old 01-08-2010, 01:20 AM   #8
Streets
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Judging from the above replies, I drink far too much.
Old 01-08-2010, 01:37 AM   #9
old_mate
Smash the Boost

normally, i'd get a month out of a bottle of jack or rum, and a slab of beer. Just spent the last month in airlie beach with work, i spent 1250 on grog alone...mostly at the pub, not many take aways...brought back my youth

1971 Fairmont Sedan

1974 SWB F100

Keyboard Warrior - A Person who, being unable to express his anger through physical violence (owning to their physical weakness, lack of bravery and/or conviction in real life), instead manifests said emotions through the text-based medium of the internet, usually in the form of aggressive writing that the Keyboard Warrior would not (for reasons previously mentioned) be able to give form to in real life.
Old 01-08-2010, 01:43 AM   #10
drew`SEVNT5
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets
Judging from the above replies, I drink far too much.
Same.

Its not a habit, its a hobby...

-2011 Nissan 370z Coupe (6M)-
-2006 Husqvarna SMRR450-
Old 01-08-2010, 03:12 AM   #11
Spudz27
Call me Spud

I still have a bottle of jacks I opened 2 years ago and it is still 3/4 full. I drink about a 6pack a year.
Old 01-08-2010, 03:22 AM   #12
MexicanBatman
Banned

I don't drink, but my old man 50 and a motorcycle enthusiast ;) drinks more than anyone I've ever met

He drinks at least 1 bottle of red wine a day chilled and countless cans and stubbies and you'd never know other than the gut, been to visit once and he had 2 bottles of wine and a dozen cans/stubbies and was still thirsty LOL alcoholic much.... Mind you this is every day he drinks a bottle of wine if it's finished off at lunch then it's a new one dinner time, if not it's finished off with diner, everyday..... Supprised he's lived this long... Side note I think heavy duty livers run in the family, I used to drink, and drink shedloads too both me and the old man don't get hangovers and it takes a lot to get tipsy, I mean a lot..
Old 01-08-2010, 05:49 AM   #13
MagicMarkerPen

After reading all the above I think I drink to much... 1 carton of beer last me just under a fordnight. Thats if I'm not going out or having people around. How ever lately I have been going for spirts more then beer.
Old 01-08-2010, 06:44 AM   #14
sgt_doofey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Only drink at social occasions. With the friends all starting to have kids and less time to catch up, those occasions are getting few and far between.
Even being married to a winemaker doesn't increase the wine intake at all.
The choice of drink is either beer or scotch and coke.
Old 01-08-2010, 10:24 AM   #15
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

We already have enough alcohol discussion here, there are much better topics to be discussed on an automotive forum.
Closed Thread