Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-05-2011, 06:37 PM   #1
Brent
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Crash Repairer Recommendation (Bayside Melbourne)

Hi all. Just seeking some advice.

This arvo some clown decided to drive right into the back of my wife's 3 year old Subaru Forester XT at 70kph. My wife is fortunately OK (bruised & sore) but the car is destroyed apparently. Haven't seen it but 3 of the 4 doors won't open. The whole car is bent.

I'd thus greatly appreciate recommendations for a very good repair place around the Melbourne bayside area. Somebody who's not going to spin me a line of BS etc about it being repairable when in fact its stuffed. I'm assuming it'll be a statutory write-off, but if not, I want a pristine job on the repair. No half measures. Many years ago I used SuperFinish on South Rd Moorabbin when I bent my old ED XR6 and they did a fantastic job. Not sure on reputation now, or if there are others in the area.

Any suggestions welcomed & appreciated.

Brent.

Brent is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2011, 07:06 PM   #2
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Crash Repairer Recommendation (Bayside Melbourne)

If you have insurance use that, they will decide if its a write off or not. It will speed up the process, the repairer I always tell people about is Corso body works in South Melbourne. I have used them for my old BA XT, Very good job and could not even tell it had been smashed. (front bumper bar and rear bumper bar). Also I did work in insurance claims and Corso Body Works always did excellent work. The repairer also gives a life time warranty on all repairs carried out.

http://www.corsobodyworks.com.au/
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2011, 08:06 PM   #3
Kryton

Any repairer that would want to fix it is a repairer you should walk away from.
As said, use your insurer and let them deal with it all.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2011, 08:09 PM   #4
fordman302

Similar thing happened to my old mans forrester, got rear ended and turned it into a bannana, they didnt stuff around to much just wrote it off, wouldnt really want to keep a car that had been bent like that
fordman302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2011, 09:44 PM   #5
Brent
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks guys. I'm almost certain that its stuffed. Its just that my insurer told me to advise them tomorrow of my "preferred repairer" so I need to come up with a name/option.

Whilst I am of course exceptionally relieved that my wife is OK, we have a 2008 model car that is now buggered, and the payout will fall around $12k short of new replacement cost. We bought the car new. So, if I want a newbie, I'm up for $12k, otherwise I spend the next 3 months of weekends scouring used car yards looking for a mint condition 2nd hand model. All because some stoned-out-of-his mind imbecile decided to drive. I bet the ***** is on welfare as well, so I pay twice. Ain't the world grand......
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2011, 10:16 PM   #6
BadMax
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Super Finish still do awesome quality work, so that's no issue at all.

Honestly, I know you're ****ed off but you can't say you're 12k out of pocket as you're car has devalued in 3 years. Just do your research on it's value and push the issue with the insurance company.
BadMax is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2011, 12:49 AM   #7
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Thanks guys. I'm almost certain that its stuffed. Its just that my insurer told me to advise them tomorrow of my "preferred repairer" so I need to come up with a name/option.

Whilst I am of course exceptionally relieved that my wife is OK, we have a 2008 model car that is now buggered, and the payout will fall around $12k short of new replacement cost. We bought the car new. So, if I want a newbie, I'm up for $12k, otherwise I spend the next 3 months of weekends scouring used car yards looking for a mint condition 2nd hand model. All because some stoned-out-of-his mind imbecile decided to drive. I bet the ***** is on welfare as well, so I pay twice. Ain't the world grand......

If you go through your insurance, it does not matter what the persons income is. Glad everyone is ok tho.
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2011, 12:25 PM   #8
Fiesta God
Ford Fiesta

$12k short of new replacement cost is pretty damn good for a car that is 2-3 years old. Market value would have depreciated far more than that during that time.

Mr Gloss in Moorabbin do excellent work and they are a Subaru Factory repairer.

However with the sort of damage you have described I would not want the car to be repaired.
Fiesta God is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post