Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 28-11-2020, 04:12 PM   #1
ivanjon
Starter Motor

Default Tasmanian Zephyr

Hi everyone from sunny Tasmania , i have a 1955 Ford Zephyr MK1 And went to start it today as its not been started for a couple of weeks and there was a very loud clonking from the engine ,it started out like a rattle and got worse so i have not gone to start it again ,i suspect it shot a bearing .So what i am after is some advice please ,where to start would be my first question also where to source parts from in Australia . Would there maybe an engine thats been restored for sale in aus . Just at a loss till i get it to garage get mechanic to sort it out , am i looking at big bucks .
cheers everyone happy motoring
Ive
ivanjon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2020, 05:46 PM   #2
hayseed

Default Re: Tasmanian Zephyr

Try here. https://www.yesterford.com/price-lis...l-spare-parts/
hayseed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2020, 06:17 PM   #3
foxtrot3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical articles. 
Default Re: Tasmanian Zephyr

Hi. There was someone selling an engine on the zephyr zodiacs of australia buy & sell facebook pages in october last year or join up and put up an add that you want one. ( https://www.facebook.com/groups/1612928805463551 ). Cheers MD
PS: could also try contacting the 3 big zephyr clubs in aust, The ZZOCM (zephyr zodiac club melbourne and the SA club and the Qld club.

HI

I'M MICHAEL

2003 ACID RUSH BA FUTURA WAGON

light up window switches | auto on cruise control | doubleclick window lift from remote
foxtrot3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post