Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 10-11-2014, 09:14 PM   #1531
tut0r
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple6 View Post
Can you just change what the homepage is? Or does it override that change too?
Don't you hate it when you quote the wrong person? Sorry but I had a chuckle just then.

Mods to Date
Ceramic Coated Pacemaker 4495s
2.5" Dual Venom exhaust,
Bluepower CAI
Eaton True Trac with 3.9s
20% Underdrive
EcoLpi Motor

RWKW: 200.0
Nm: 394

Mods to Follow
Supercharger
T56 Conversion TR6060
tut0r is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 10-11-2014, 10:06 PM   #1532
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Simple6, I'm going to assume that was supposed to be for me so.......It overwrites everything initially but if you only reset your home page it'll overwrite it again. You need to delete and uninstall everything you can find before you bother to reset your home page. With Opera, I have finally found the last little bit of code that was causing it to load it's page along side and on top of my home page. It was hiding in the start menu and once I deleted it everything went back to normal. It was a free adware killer called AdwCleaner that found it eventually.

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 11-11-2014, 12:21 PM   #1533
my_gxl
Unintended Perfectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tut0r View Post
Don't you hate it when you quote the wrong person? Sorry but I had a chuckle just then.
It was a bit interesting...lol
my_gxl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2014, 08:01 PM   #1534
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Origin energy and estimated bills.
I used to get an estimated gas bill, call them up with the reading, they will send an amended bill.
But NOOOOOOOOO that wasn't simple enough, now, I need to find out when my next reading will be (5 day period) and write the reading and sticky tape it to the front door. OR leave my garage open for all and sundry to pillage.FFS

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz
Old 11-11-2014, 08:31 PM   #1535
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

Ran a quicker time at the track with factory engine than last time spending 7k on mods...
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 11-11-2014, 09:25 PM   #1536
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by danzvtil View Post
Origin energy and estimated bills.
I used to get an estimated gas bill, call them up with the reading, they will send an amended bill.
But NOOOOOOOOO that wasn't simple enough, now, I need to find out when my next reading will be (5 day period) and write the reading and sticky tape it to the front door. OR leave my garage open for all and sundry to pillage.FFS
I used to take all my own readings and submit them to Lumo, I got an estimate once and I rang to find out why, they didn't read the meter is what I was told.

I asked why my data wasn't used to make up the account, I was told they can't use that because it may be inaccurate......????

I don't take my own readings now for them, only for my own usage data.

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2014, 09:37 PM   #1537
Bridgette01
Happy Wife = Happy Life

Sitting behind someone at the lights, lights go green.....waiting, waiting, give a polite beep of the horn to tell the driver in front to "stop texting on your bloody phone" They look up, realise whats going on, jump on the gas and proceed through an amber light. I am stuck there for another set. Come on people, these stupid phones.....

G6ET 2010 Seduce. Tax return = GTX upgrade DONE
Bridgette01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 11-11-2014, 09:49 PM   #1538
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Don't you hate it when the internet at work is down all day! You can still do some work as emails are still coming through. You spend the day from 8.30am until 4.30pm telling the computer tech that you think it is a software update that ran last night on the modem software, because we have a connection and emails are coming through, you just can not access the interwebz.... only for him to insist that it most certainly is not that causing the issue!

You call Telstra, and the line is fine. Comes to just past 4.30pm and you tell so called computer geek that it HAS to be the update as that is the only thing that has changed in the past 24hrs. As I am the client, I insist he checks it. He finally checks and what do you know...the software update changed a setting!! 5 people all sitting around doing nothing today because he didn't check the first thing I asked him too! Grrrrr!

Normally I would love a day of doing nothing...but when the internet doesn't work...I couldn't sit there reading my stories!

Cheers
Col
Old 12-11-2014, 01:22 PM   #1539
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridgette01 View Post
Sitting behind someone at the lights, lights go green.....waiting, waiting, give a polite beep of the horn to tell the driver in front to "stop texting on your bloody phone" They look up, realise whats going on, jump on the gas and proceed through an amber light. I am stuck there for another set. Come on people, these stupid phones.....
Yep...

There is an intersection close to me that has either a dodgy sensor or one that is set too far fwd in the road for the RH turn lane.

Every now and again some overly cautious driver decides to sit around 1.5+m away from the line. For what reason I have no idea seeing as there is an island to their right with a light pole on it...

After 3 phases of lights do you think they would creep fwd to trip the sensor? Nope - lets just sit there are wait like a goon while everyone behind them is losing the plot and beeping...

Happened several times now...

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2014, 01:54 PM   #1540
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

****** managers who have never worked on a shop floor in their life thinking they know how it works and put processes in place without asking those that work on the floor....and then can't fathom for the life of them why it failed, even when repeatedly asked if they actually asked anyone from the floor and stare back blankly.
Or
Put a system in place, complete it by 50% put another system inplace , complete the second one by 80% and then wonder what my prob is when I go off tap calling them dumbasses for putting a third system in place, not completing it, and they wonder why the whole process of system fails.
Billion dollar global company.
******* useless middle management

/rant
MercurySilver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2014, 04:24 PM   #1541
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercurySilver View Post
****** managers who have never worked on a shop floor in their life thinking they know how it works and put processes in place without asking those that work on the floor....and then can't fathom for the life of them why it failed, even when repeatedly asked if they actually asked anyone from the floor and stare back blankly.
Or
Put a system in place, complete it by 50% put another system inplace , complete the second one by 80% and then wonder what my prob is when I go off tap calling them dumbasses for putting a third system in place, not completing it, and they wonder why the whole process of system fails.
Billion dollar global company.
******* useless middle management

/rant
Quote:
Efforts to improve the productivity and performance of Australian organisations are being stymied by inefficient and under skilled middle managers according to the findings of a major research survey released today.
http://blog.aim.com.au/middle-manage...-survey-shows/
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2014, 04:41 PM   #1542
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridgette01 View Post
Or they get irate at you for beeping them.

Uh, if you could pay attention for 2 seconds you idiot, I wouldn't of had to beep you!
Old 12-11-2014, 04:57 PM   #1543
damo76
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtBourne View Post
Or they get irate at you for beeping them.

Uh, if you could pay attention for 2 seconds you idiot, I wouldn't of had to beep you!
On a similar note, we were coming back from fishing in Busselton one day, anyway saw this women in her car next to me near Capel she was on her phone, we got into Bunbury 25km later and she was still on her phone so i sounded my horn to her to get her phone but she didn't pay any attention. At the traffic lights near Australind she was still on her phone 15km later so i got out and told her to get of her f***en phone she will kill someone but she didn't even aknolege me at the front of her car. I'm a big bloke and she just kept talking, i wanted to ram her head through the window.

On anther note, waiting in line at the supermarket and there's cues of people with trolleys and only 1 checkout open, i refuse to use those self serve checkouts as they take away jobs.
damo76 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2014, 10:22 PM   #1544
my_gxl
Unintended Perfectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
Yep...

There is an intersection close to me that has either a dodgy sensor or one that is set too far fwd in the road for the RH turn lane.

Every now and again some overly cautious driver decides to sit around 1.5+m away from the line. For what reason I have no idea seeing as there is an island to their right with a light pole on it...

After 3 phases of lights do you think they would creep fwd to trip the sensor? Nope - lets just sit there are wait like a goon while everyone behind them is losing the plot and beeping...

Happened several times now...
That happens near here too. LAst time I was far enough back to be able to turn left, U-turn, then proceed the direction I wanted to....all the while they still sat there.
Old 13-11-2014, 05:12 PM   #1545
chrisric
Starter Motor

Shopping trollies! Every cars nemesis....
chrisric is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2014, 06:04 PM   #1546
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Many years ago travelling through USA and working (illiegally) we had a van that we travelled and lived in when not working at motel/resturants.
Parked at a huge big L shaped shopping centre one time, 8.30pm and started her up put into drive and bang some one parked their trolley under our nose, trolley takes off like a spoilt kid gathering pace as it did so, we watched in horror as it travelled down heading for a (we now know) Cadallaic ....Bang into the side, It was bad taste but we also took off in the other direction.

Getting stopped by highway patrol and having guns drawn course I hopped out to talk with him....not done, then the dumb one wouldnt recognise international drivers licence...dragged off to station in hand cuffs. The captains MIL happened to be Aussie and he knew our accents.
Aus had just beaten USA in America cup and Men At Works I come from a land down under was the hit....gotta love the yanks ,....sometimes
Old 13-11-2014, 06:19 PM   #1547
Vincenzo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonz View Post
Aus had just beaten USA in America cup and Men At Works I come from a land down under was the hit....gotta love the yanks ,....sometimes
1982 / 1983 - was woking at Jabiru as a storeman.

Cheers Vincenzo

"WRC is for boys, Group B was for men" - Juha Kankkunen 4 times World Rally Champion

Romanes Eunt Domus - 'people called Romanes they go the house' - You mean Romani Ite Domum

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Vincenzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2014, 02:54 PM   #1548
my_gxl
Unintended Perfectionist

Alternator crapped itself. Love it. That wasn't all yesterday, it was just the end of it.
Old 14-11-2014, 07:35 PM   #1549
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

People who have to touch, fiddle or otherwise interfere with your hard work even though they have no clue about the job you are doing.

I've just spent the last couple of days putting in fence posts for a 2m high corrugated fence and gates for the missus. All the posts have to be aligned properly, and all vertical of coarse, and the gate posts precisely spaced to allow for the gate clearances etc. I dug out the holes by hand, aligned the posts with string line and spirit level then cemented them in, half yesterday, the other half today. When I'd finished I was standing there at the end of the row of posts eyeing up the alignment and noticed that one of the posts I cemented yesterday was a bees' left one off of vertical. Nothing noticeable once the fence is up, but just noticeable when you eye up the line, bugga'. While I'm standing there eyeing up the line, out wanders the missus to the other end of the line,(the ones I did yesterday with the semi set concrete), sees what I'm doing so eyes up the alignment from the other end and notices the fractionally misaligned post. "There's a post with a bit of lean on", she says as she wanders up the line, and as I'm in the middle of saying, "yeah, I know but you won't see it once the fence is finished", she grabs the post and tries to push it straight!. Now I have a slightly loose post with no way to firm up the fit again.
I love her dearly but GEEZ!!, sometimes I just want to slap her up side the head.

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

4 users like this post:
Old 14-11-2014, 07:45 PM   #1550
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

now, now......count to 10 and just smile......the blunt end of the crowbar will not only straighten up the post but will firm it up as well.

wait til it's dry, in a few day's, then just give it some gentle nudging on the "off" side.

years ago I built a besser brick and wrought iron fence for my B.I.L........

after spending all day setting the piers to perfection in order that the wrought iron scroll work (all built myself the week before) fit perfectly.

his foolish mate came and wriggled one of the still wet piers, destroying the mortar????

my whinge.......why don't people look after their tools.....really annoys me when I see a perfectly good tool rusted simply because the owner can't be bothered cleaning and oiling it.

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
2 users like this post:
Old 14-11-2014, 08:21 PM   #1551
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppa smurf View Post
now, now......count to 10 and just smile......the blunt end of the crowbar will not only straighten up the post but will firm it up as well.
Like I said, I cemented them in yesterday so the cement is too "set" to allow for a little friendly persuasion with the crow bar without ruining the integrity of the cement I reckon.

Quote:
wait til it's dry, in a few day's, then just give it some gentle nudging on the "off" side.
It's over 2 foot into a hard clay base so I don't think it's going to move unless I can put enough pressure on it to bend the 50mm square tubing.

But that was never the issue, like I said, the lean is no more than a 1 or 2 degrees at most, just enough to be noticeable at the top of the line of posts and only if you eye it up like I did. It's about it now being just slightly loose, maybe 3-4mm of motion at the top of the fence once finished. I might let it dry completely and see if I can drizzle a little water, with a sprinkling of cement dust in it, down the back side of the post into the gap to back fill it and firm it up.

MINE- AUII Forte

Old 14-11-2014, 08:25 PM   #1552
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

On a different not, hands up anyone else who has a someone in their life that puts stuff away "in a safe place" only to have NO CLUE where said object is when it's wanted or needed.....

MINE- AUII Forte

4 users like this post:
Old 14-11-2014, 09:04 PM   #1553
Vincenzo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbasher View Post
On a different not, hands up anyone else who has a someone in their life that puts stuff away "in a safe place" only to have NO CLUE where said object is when it's wanted or needed.....
I have suffered at their hands, unfortunately "I" am the someone else. Bloody C.R.A.F.T. disease

Cheers Vincenzo

"WRC is for boys, Group B was for men" - Juha Kankkunen 4 times World Rally Champion

Romanes Eunt Domus - 'people called Romanes they go the house' - You mean Romani Ite Domum

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 14-11-2014, 09:17 PM   #1554
tut0r
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbasher View Post
My mother used to do that with money as a way of savings....Well it worked she ended up saving a $50 note for 5 years in an envelope!

Me I just end up 'misplacing' important documents, I have had to get my birth certificate 4 times at $32 a pop....Really should keep better care of those.

Mods to Date
Ceramic Coated Pacemaker 4495s
2.5" Dual Venom exhaust,
Bluepower CAI
Eaton True Trac with 3.9s
20% Underdrive
EcoLpi Motor

RWKW: 200.0
Nm: 394

Mods to Follow
Supercharger
T56 Conversion TR6060
tut0r is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2014, 09:27 PM   #1555
NTF6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincenzo View Post
1982 / 1983 - was woking at Jabiru as a storeman.

Cheers Vincenzo
September 1983, I was in Jabiru with ERA from Jan 1986.
Old 14-11-2014, 09:41 PM   #1556
Vincenzo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTF6 View Post
September 1983, I was in Jabiru with ERA from Jan 1986.
Worked for the Office of the Supervising Scientist, Alligator Rivers Region Research Institute beside the Airport.

Cheers Vincenzo

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 15-11-2014, 08:00 AM   #1557
superyob
Banned

Back to the thread topic! I hate the media calling jihadist morons 'Aussies'...
superyob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2014, 02:49 PM   #1558
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Getting a house built - contacted around 7 different window suppliers. Sent them a detailed email with all specs, dimensions, opening directions etc etc etc etc.. around 40 items all up, made up of sliding windows, fixed windows and a bunch of sliding doors.

After a week no replies.... I get a call on the 9th day from one company asking for more details - which I give. After that, they send an email with their quote. Great, 1 from 7.

A few reply at around the 10 day mark. One quoted the wrong style of frame, one ignored the specs of glass I wanted and up-specced everything, one wanted to charge me $4.5k to do the frames in the colour I wanted. Yeah, right... One sends an email asking a whole bunch of questions (address, colour, my number) all of which was in the first document I sent.

I replied.

A week later I get the same email again - as if I didn't reply to the first one. A few days later I get my 4th quote in from 7.

3 weeks pass and I was getting peeved off. I sent a follow up email to one of the larger, well known companies with a simple line "Does it normally take 3 weeks to arrange a quote?"

I get a call the next morning right on 8:33am. I answer quickly as I was walking to my roll call class (I'm a high school teacher). I explain to the guy that I can't talk right now but i'll be free to talk in exactly 5 minutes (roll call ends at 8:35)...

No call back... they must be really busy!

No worries. My builder also got a few quotes so I will not bother chasing up any more.

Time for getting the AC sorted....

Drive in to a local company with plans in hand. Sit down with a 'sales person' to look at my plans. Some of what I said:

* Never had AC in my life (hardly use it), only getting it caus I'm in the process of building and it would be silly to do it later.
* Have single phase power only so happy for smaller separate systems to be run when needed.
* Full brick, well insulated home - so don't need to have huge cooling power - just enough to take the edge of any hot rooms to make them comfortable, but not cold.
* Don't want to spend too much (didn't give them a budget).
* Will have a semi-cathedral ceiling upstairs, but can modify the design to suit ducting or hardware if it makes the install any easier (roof isn't done as yet)..

He looks at my plans, says it will need to be run them by his boss and takes my plans up stairs to consult his boss.

5 min pass and he comes back down...

"Yeah, not going to be easy mate... house that size with the power limitations and the cathedral ceiling means you need a specially designed system.

You're looking at between $60-80k... but more towards the 80k mark.

We are NOT INTERESTED in doing anything less (smaller) as you will come back and complain that it doesn't get cold enough"....

******.... Didn't hear a word I said....

Sure... 80k for AC on a double story house.... What a deal!

What do I hate... people who don't listen, don't reply to email, don't call back and companies that think they can take people for a ride...

Should have asked him what's his best cash price lol....

3 users like this post:
Old 16-11-2014, 03:12 PM   #1559
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

$80k for air-con.......good god......we have a large house, just had a reverse cycle ducted installed to above specs, 6 outlets......$11,500.

and we though that was a bit high.

Old 16-11-2014, 03:20 PM   #1560
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
$80k for air-con.......good god......we have a large house, just had a reverse cycle ducted installed to above specs, 6 outlets......$11,500.

and we though that was a bit high.
Yeah... if they are quoting like that I reckon one in 20 just say 'ok' and they don't bother getting a second quote.

I went to another highly recommended company the week after and got a rough quote for system that suits my design and power issues at around $18k.

While still pricy it means I have AC in every room and get to keep my cathedral ceiling upstairs....