Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 15-02-2020, 10:43 AM   #1
efirestorer

Default car parked in street RANSACKED

Went out to Au parked in well lit street , to find a door ajar and contents of glove box , console spread around. Also , a bag of wife''s old rags ready for drop off at op shop , gone through ( nothing of interest to the thief ). Console had 30 year old tapes and an expired disabled sticker in it. Disabled sticker went but nothing else (I never leave coin or anything of value in the car ).
Am sure car was locked when parked but somehow the low life got in without breaking anything. Is there some electronic gizmo that can unlock cars with a scanner OR ?
efirestorer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2020, 11:04 AM   #2
foxtrot3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical articles. 
Default Re: car parked in street RANSACKED

Hi. Have you actually checked that ALL the doors lock when you press the button. Lock the car and then try each door in turn and see what happens. About 1 in 5 AU to BF falcons that we see at work will have at least one door that doesn't lock. Do a search on here for "door actuators". Cheers MD

HI

I'M MICHAEL

2003 ACID RUSH BA FUTURA WAGON

light up window switches | auto on cruise control | doubleclick window lift from remote
foxtrot3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 15-02-2020, 11:07 AM   #3
Fed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Same thing happened to me parked at the airport last Month, the car was key locked & I tried a couple of doors as I left (locked) and when I got back the drivers door was ajar.
The car has unlocked itself in the past but it's never opened a door.
Fed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2020, 12:16 PM   #4
efirestorer

Thanks Michael , all doors remain locked - even with a very determined pull on handles. I failed to mention originally ( I don't think it is relevant ) the fuel flap was open but that will open when the button on dash is pressed even without key or ignition on. Can"t imagine anyone would be siphoning petrol out ,in such a well lit area , still have to check whether petrol is low.
efirestorer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2020, 02:01 PM   #5
Nanoraptor
Futura

I think I've had my AU gone through several times in the 7 years I've had it.

Had the fuel tank emptied twice too, and no idea how they do it given the protective sleeve inside the filler. I presume there's a tool to bypass it somehow.
Nanoraptor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2020, 02:37 PM   #6
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

In the last couple of years, particularly in Melbourne's multi level, underground (basically dark/undercover) car parks, I have witnessed groups (mostly African males) walking between cars and pulling on the handles as they walk past. Cars with high end alarms that trigger when the handle is pulled doesn't even bother them. They just continue doing what they are doing and nobody seems to care, or be able to stop them.

Think it's time we all arm ourselves against these scum. With all the robberies, highjackings, assaults, etc, etc that have happened in Melbourne the last couple of years in particular, and almost always by African gangs, I have taken measures at home, and in the car to protect myself and my family from these Sudanese scum. Don't really care what Vic Police will charge me with if they find out what I have in my possession.
Tickford. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 15-02-2020, 03:22 PM   #7
.:4:.
Kicking back

I had my last work car broken into a few months ago. Parked in a 'secure' payed carpark, 89$ per day. Had a few grand worth of things nicked. Its life, the cameras werent aimed where i was parked. Getting into a locked car isnt rocket surgury. So atleast you got off easy with no broken glass. You can put in the fanciest alarm system, but if some scumbag wants something, a brick will break your window.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2020, 03:27 PM   #8
mondeomatureguy

well said Tickford, I think they should be deported out of the Country myself and that's coming from a guy who is no way racist.
mondeomatureguy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2020, 04:23 PM   #9
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickford. View Post
In the last couple of years, particularly in Melbourne's multi level, underground (basically dark/undercover) car parks, I have witnessed groups (mostly African males) walking between cars and pulling on the handles as they walk past. Cars with high end alarms that trigger when the handle is pulled doesn't even bother them. They just continue doing what they are doing and nobody seems to care, or be able to stop them.

Think it's time we all arm ourselves against these scum. With all the robberies, highjackings, assaults, etc, etc that have happened in Melbourne the last couple of years in particular, and almost always by African gangs, I have taken measures at home, and in the car to protect myself and my family from these Sudanese scum. Don't really care what Vic Police will charge me with if they find out what I have in my possession.
Spot on, I see there was a shooting outside a Melbourne night club last night, TV footage you would have thought you were in LA or Chicago.
But there's no gangs in Melbourne, yeah right.
Sorry off track a bit to OP
This user likes this post:
Old 15-02-2020, 09:53 PM   #10
CyberWasp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

CyberWasp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 15-02-2020, 10:58 PM   #11
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Either a loop of packing tape to snag a front door handle, or something to push the lock button on the fascia, will do it.
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2020, 11:00 PM   #12
bundera

Mate showed me a toolbox he found today just out of town in the bushes down the end of his road, full of wedges, rods, levers, Wurth air bags and made up electrical wiring. Some poor car thief has lost all his tools of the trade.

Suck **** scumbag
bundera is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2020, 11:05 PM   #13
sr71

I've got a 20 year old electric fence unit. Runs off 6 D batteries or car battery. Low amps so didn't stop the heart. But could give you a wack of 10,000 volts. ( it's the amps that kills you). You could hold onto the electric fence and just get a ticking zap. But after a short while, it would throw your arm.
Biggest hit i got though was holding a steel pole well earthed into the ground, with one hand, and touched the wire with the other hand. Everything flashed. Headaches for hours too. Hahaha.

FYI it was a PDL 12volt electric fence kit. I think Gallagher is the popular brand these days.

Just putting the idea out there. I've thought about it for years. But tyres insulate the car from earthing, plus sensitive electronics in our cars.

240 volt systems will have you up on murder charges
sr71 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2020, 08:04 AM   #14
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

Best advice is keep a clean car and do not leave things in it (of value) , I recall once I was standing in the driveway at a friends house just chatting with them, when some teenagers walked past (did not notice us) and at that stage my 2007 Territory was pretty new.... One started looking through the windows....I used the panic button on my key fob....never seen someone jump so high. LOL
6 users like this post:
Old 16-02-2020, 12:18 PM   #15
mondeomatureguy

A mate of my brothers had his car stolen once and a few days later it was found in the next suburb from where he lived.

He told my brother " it had been washed and it was cleaner then before it was stolen".
4 users like this post:
Old 16-02-2020, 05:53 PM   #16
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr71 View Post
I've got a 20 year old electric fence unit. Runs off 6 D batteries or car battery. Low amps so didn't stop the heart. But could give you a wack of 10,000 volts. ( it's the amps that kills you). You could hold onto the electric fence and just get a ticking zap. But after a short while, it would throw your arm.
Biggest hit i got though was holding a steel pole well earthed into the ground, with one hand, and touched the wire with the other hand. Everything flashed. Headaches for hours too. Hahaha.

FYI it was a PDL 12volt electric fence kit. I think Gallagher is the popular brand these days.

Just putting the idea out there. I've thought about it for years. But tyres insulate the car from earthing, plus sensitive electronics in our cars.

240 volt systems will have you up on murder charges
The lawn mower, the electric fence and me.
We have the standard 6 foot fence in our backyard, and after hearing about numerous, recent, burglaries in our neighborhood, I decided to try & prevent my wife & I, from becoming just "another statistic",……..So,…….I had the following brainwave………

I purchased an electric fence and ran a single wire along the top of our fence. In fact,…I actually got the biggest cattle charger, our local Tractor Supply Store had in stock. It was designed for 26 miles of fencing. I then used an 8 ft. long ground rod, and drove it 7.5 feet into the ground. The ground rod, I was told, is apparently *the key*, as the more you have in the ground, the better the fence is supposed to work.

So,….last week, I was mowing the grass in our back yard, with my cheapo Wal-Mart 6 hp big wheel push mower, when I noticed the darn hot wire was broken and laying out in the yard. As I was SURE, I had unplugged the charger, before I went outside, I just pushed the mower around the wire, then reached down to grab it, to throw it out of the way. Turns out, however,…..that I apparently had NOT, remembered to unplug the charger, after all !!!!!!…….

So,…..there I stood,….the lawnmower running in my right hand and the 1.7 giga-volt fence wire in the other hand. (now keep in mind, the charger is about the size of a marine battery and has a picture of an upside down cow on fire on the cover).

Well,……..time stood still………. The first thing I noticed was my pecker trying to climb up the front side of my body….. My ears curled downwards and I could feel the lawnmower ignition firing in the backside of my brain……… Every time that Briggs & Stratton rolled over, I could feel the spark in my head. I was literally "at one", with the dang lawnmower engine !!!

It seems as though the fence charger and that piece of crap lawnmower, were fighting over who would control my electrical impulses.

Now,….although science says,…………you cannot crap, pee, and vomit, all at the same time, I beg to differ………….Not only did I do all three at once, but my bowels emptied three different times, in less than half of a second !!!……. It was a Matrix kind of bowel movement, where time is creeping along and you're all leaned back and BAM BAM BAM you just crap your pants three times. It seemed like there were minutes in between, but in reality, it was so close together it was like exhaust pulses from a big block Chevy turning 8 grand !!!

At this point, I'm about 30 minutes (maybe 2 seconds) into holding onto the fence wire. My hand is wrapped around the wire,…. palm side down, so I couldn't let go. I grew up on a farm so I know all about electric fences…..but Dad always had those POS chargers made by International or whoever that were like 9 volts and just kinda tickled……

This one I could not let go of !! The 8 foot long ground rod, was now accepting signals from me, through the permadamp Ark-La-Tex river bottom soil. At this point, I am thinking I am going to have to just man-up and take it, until the lawnmower runs out of gas……… "Oh, Damn!!",…… I thought,……..as I remembered I just filled the dang tank !!……..

Now,.. the lawnmower was starting to run rough. It had settled into a loping run pattern, as if it had some kind of big lawnmower race cam in it. Covered in poop, pee, and vomit on my chest, I am thinking: "Oh God,… please just let it die… pleeeease…." But oh nooooo,……….it settles into the rough lumpy cam idle very nicely and remained there, like a big bore roller cam EFI motor waiting for the go command from its owner's right foot……..

So there I stood, in the middle of June, 104 degrees, 80% humidity, standing in my own backyard, begging God to just kill me…..

Well,…….God did not take me that day…..he left me there, covered in my own fluids, to writhe in the misery, my own stupidity had created !!!

I honestly don't know *how*, I got loose from the wire……I woke up, laying on the ground hours later. The lawnmower was beside me, out of gas. It was later on in the day and I was sunburned.

There were two large dead grass spots where I had been standing, and then another long skinny dead spot where the wire had laid while I was on the ground still holding on to it. I assume, I finally had a seizure and in the resulting thrashing had somehow let go of the wire.

Upon waking from my electrically induced sleep, I realized a few things:
1. Three of my teeth seemed to have kinda melted.
2. I had cramps in the bottoms of my feet and my right butt cheek,…(not the left one, just the right)
3. Poop, pee, and vomit when all mixed together, do not actually smell as bad as one might think….
4. My left eye would not open…..
5. My right eye would not close…….
6. The lawnmower is now running perfectly…..seriously !!…I think our little session, must have cleared out some carbon or something, because it ran better than when it was new after that !!
7. My testicles are still smaller than average, but are now almost a foot long…….
8. I can turn on the TV in the game room, by farting while thinking of the number 4 …( I still don't understand this???)

Yes,…….that day changed my life forever….I now have a newfound respect for things. I appreciate the little things more, and now I always *triple-check* to make sure the fence is unplugged before I mow the grass.

The good news is,.. that if a burglar *does* try to come over the fence, I can clearly truly visualize, what my security system will do to him, and THAT gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling all over, which also reminds me, to triple check before I mow the grass !!!!.
Old 16-02-2020, 06:17 PM   #17
vidak i

Best bit of reading I had in days.
vidak i is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2020, 06:35 PM   #18
Loonar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yep, the best little yarn i've read in some time, enough to have me in stitches, almost cacking my own self !!
Loonar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2020, 06:40 PM   #19
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondeomatureguy View Post
A mate of my brothers had his car stolen once and a few days later it was found in the next suburb from where he lived.

He told my brother " it had been washed and it was cleaner then before it was stolen".
How about that smell in the boot?
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2020, 06:48 PM   #20
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

When I lived in Townsville I used to leave my Clubsport and Maverick unlocked as I got sick of the locals breaking into them. Was just the local folk checking for shrapnel, i used to leave them a few bucks in there from time to time, left a note once too.

Never had a damaged car again after that.
Old 16-02-2020, 07:16 PM   #21
sr71

Tonz and I should should go into business. His story could be quoted in a Crowd Funding campaign.
Maybe even re-create a video, so we can add a YouTube link.

An actuated metal rod, and a reservior of water continually dripping might be a good way of replicating an Earth bond.
Optional accessories such as Earth rods, cables and Alligator clips could value add. Great for connecting directly to Street Power pole Earth Systems, garden sections in Bunnings carparks, and into Council Kerb Grass.
Maybe even one of those Kerb parking Wire Scrapers (that were once populat with senior drivers), constantly scraping on the ground... Or a beefed up Anti-Static strap made of pure copper strands, but 6 inches wide..
And future concrete pours could have exposed rods tied into the concrete's steel reinforcment.

Tonz, would you be willing to replicate this on Shark Tank?
sr71 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2020, 07:44 PM   #22
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Melbourne is a joke, especially the Sudo suburbs.

A bunch of 15 year old girls stole a couple of cars from the Ascot Vale leisure centre a couple of weeks ago.

Then did it again a few days later.

They've had 12 incidents in the last 3 months and the police know who they are but don't do ****.

We generally get robbed a few times a year at work, they broke in again last week, the two times prior they trashed my office twice.

Was a good excuse for a clean up
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2020, 08:05 PM   #23
mondeomatureguy

Get a big dog Franco and leave him at your work if you can?
I once had an EB Ford Fairmont and I used to take my dog Oscar who was an Australian Cattle dog X border Colle and he loved going in the car.

This day I had to go to the Commonwealth Bank and parked in a car park and left the back windows down a little because Oscar was in the back seat laying down.

As I am walking back to the car I see a guy working on the drivers side door and he opened it not seeing my dog Oscar in the back seat. The next thing is this guy took off like a rocket with Oscar in pursuit.

When I caught up with both of them he was screaming at me to get the dog off him and the guys shorts he was wearing looked like they had been thru a Cheese Grater.
4 users like this post:
Old 16-02-2020, 11:22 PM   #24
yakcam
I drank what?

Yes, a generally quiet dog is best, so the only time they realise that he's there is when they've already broken in and he's chasing them down the street. Don't want a dog that barks and warns them. More expensive-yes, but less fun, especially if you can catch the moment on security camera's. Don't want the dog hurt though.
Old 21-02-2020, 02:30 PM   #25
kaniSS
BIG MEMBER ;)

Happened to me about 15 years ago. Sony Xplod 6X9's stolen. It was my mistake pumping the speakers then parking the car. Anyway the weeks after we I did the same thing but had a few mates waiting who drove earlier.

Let's just say the little ****s needed new underwear.