Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 08-01-2011, 11:53 AM   #1
prydey
Rob

Default No cruise on XR5T?

anyone know the reasoning behind this? workmate of mine is looking for a new little runabout (currently has an older rex) and the new rex hatch has the child seat anchor points on the rear of the luggage area so that makes it too difficult to get prams in etc. our focus has the child seat anchor points on the back of the rear seat, and although its not a xr5t, pretty sure they're all like it. anyway, long story short, he had a look at a demo one and discovered that they don't have cruise (bit of a 'what the') so the xr5t was immediately scrubbed from his list. likely to get a rex sedan.

seems a bit weird that ford haven't been able to adapt cruise to this model for some reason. obvioulsy many on here not put off by it but it would sure put me off as well. i love my cruise. use it all the time.

prydey is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2011, 11:57 AM   #2
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Just a stupid exclusion seeing that the Zetec has it. Can be fitted aftermarket for around $800~ and having seen one fitted it is very factory looking.
But remember the Zetec and all other Focus models come from Sth Africa wheras the XR5/ST is German
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2011, 12:00 PM   #3
DragonMesh

not long ago i decided to upgrade on the 2007 focus man lx. I went down and looked at a new demo xr5, the two things that killed it for me was the fact it didnt have cruise control and the fact it had leather seats which nicely burnt our legs on getting in the car.

So i settled for a falcon
DragonMesh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2011, 12:02 PM   #4
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonMesh
not long ago i decided to upgrade on the 2007 focus man lx. I went down and looked at a new demo xr5, the two things that killed it for me was the fact it didnt have cruise control and the fact it had leather seats which nicely burnt our legs on getting in the car.

So i settled for a falcon
I cant beleive some people are turned away because of the no cruise, really all my previous cars had it and yeah i used it but since ive had my 5 ive never missed it and ive done 2 x 3200km` trips in it.

Should have just got one w/o leather, people who dont buy because of no cruise really dont know what they are missing out on.
- Antz Turboside Intake
Old 08-01-2011, 12:16 PM   #5
DragonMesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83
I cant beleive some people are turned away because of the no cruise, really all my previous cars had it and yeah i used it but since ive had my 5 ive never missed it and ive done 2 x 3200km` trips in it.

Should have just got one w/o leather, people who dont buy because of no cruise really dont know what they are missing out on.
Yea i was very tempted it was great fun to drive! i guess another thing was the fact the interior was the same as my old focus just had a different stereo, i know its a completely different drive, an awesome one at that but after driving the work cars all day i just cruise everywhere now.
DragonMesh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2011, 12:35 PM   #6
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83
I cant beleive some people are turned away because of the no cruise,
each to their own i guess. not everyone buys the cars to drive in a certain way. some people just want a good little runaround car that still has a bit of poke because they like to still have a bit of go. 90% of the time it will just run to work and back.

for many people the lack of cruise can easily end up costing $$ in speeding fines, esp these days. my workmate travels everyday on the freeway which is 110 and quite hilly so easy to end up on the wrong side of the limit. cops are always there too.

its just one of those creature comforts many get used to and like to have.
prydey is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2011, 12:45 PM   #7
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
each to their own i guess. not everyone buys the cars to drive in a certain way. some people just want a good little runaround car that still has a bit of poke because they like to still have a bit of go. 90% of the time it will just run to work and back.

for many people the lack of cruise can easily end up costing $$ in speeding fines, esp these days. my workmate travels everyday on the freeway which is 110 and quite hilly so easy to end up on the wrong side of the limit. cops are always there too.

its just one of those creature comforts many get used to and like to have.
Yeah i can agree somewhat, with the nanny state our country is i guess speeding fines are on peoples minds. But it is easy to maintain speed though.
As i posted above get it fitted it doesnt cost all that much
Here is a link to a thread on XR5OC
http://www.xr5ownersclub.com/forum/v...Cruise+control
- Antz Turboside Intake

Last edited by DJM83; 08-01-2011 at 12:51 PM.
Old 08-01-2011, 12:51 PM   #8
Neale
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The reason behind there not being cruise on the XR5 is they have the Volvo 5 cylinder motor & the computer is a little diffrerent too. So it looks like to cut costs instead of making a new cruise system for the XR they left it off.

There has been a bit of discussion of this topic on here http://www.fordxr5turbo.com/forum/in...p?topic=46.375 & some guys have had an aftermarket kit put in for under a grand.

I think if your that keen on cruise, wait for the next gen focus to come out because the New XR's wont have the Volvo motor so therefore more likely to have a cruise option.
Neale is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2011, 02:04 PM   #9
XR5-Boy
You mad, bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neale
The reason behind there not being cruise on the XR5 is they have the Volvo 5 cylinder motor & the computer is a little diffrerent too. So it looks like to cut costs instead of making a new cruise system for the XR they left it off.
s wont have the Volvo motor so therefore more likely to have a cruise option.
Not true. Mondeo XR5 comes with cruise ;)

SFS 2007 Best Cougar, SFS 2010/2011 Best Focus XR5
XR5-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2011, 07:13 PM   #10
entheos

Having spoken to one of the guys who signs off on the cars coming into the country, it's just part of the design....apparently Ford UK made mention of the fact that it was something that people didn't particularly 'want' in the UK, and seeing as though the car is just DIRECT imported, that was that. The car is built in a different factory to the Zetec, but the same as the XR5 Mondeo, so I'm not sure why they couldn't add it....but hey, it is what it is...if you want to add it you can...it was one thing that nearly stopped me even after I was waiting on delivery, but honestly, I can't say I've missed it and I have a 90km return trip to and from work every day.

Re: need it to stay under or at the speed limit....that's a cop out to be honest. If you can't control the car with your right foot, you should return to learning to drive correctly and within the rules of the road (i.e. the P Plate test). I could get into just about any car and be aware of the speed I'm doing no matter the car or road or weather conditions....it's a lame excuse to say, oh I got a speeding fine...if I had cruise control it wouldn't have happened. Sorry...that's my opinion. Besides which cruise control often doesn't hold you at a speed going down the hill...sometimes it can depending on the car, but most of them will just pick up speed unless they are currently in a gear which is going to hold a steady speed...If you can't hold the speed limit using the 2 pedals on the right.....Learn.