Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 05-02-2013, 08:01 PM   #1
Omarko

Default How do I replace rear light bulbs in WS Fiesta ?

hi guys

I am really puzzled.

How do I replace the brake light light bulb in the 2010 WS Fiesta?

I removed the two bolts holding the rear light assembly onto the body but the assembly does not come off at all, I tried quite hard to pull but it did not give so I did not want to brake it.

Can someone help pls?

thanks

Last edited by Omarko; 05-02-2013 at 08:07 PM.
Omarko is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2013, 09:43 PM   #2
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Very helpful and gracious with photoshop work to help others.. 
Default Re: How do I replace rear light bulbs in WS Fiesta ?

There's a brief mention here that there's some kind of nut at the rear of it and you need to pull back part of the lining inside, hopefully this might help you out

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums...light-removal/
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2013, 09:55 PM   #3
Spinner77

You need to read the manual very carefully.

Even then, it is not very clear.

Basically, you have to pull away carefully some of the interior carpet around the lights.

Then, feeling around (you cannot see this) you find the handle (for want of a better word) of a long screw. It's a small triangle thing. You unscrew it.

The lights assembly will then come away. But be careful not pull the wires hard. When you have the guts of the thing in your hand, you can replace the bulb. Philips recommended. Use white cotton gloves.

The hardest part is putting everything back together. You have to feel around, blind.

Don't do this if you - or the missus - is late for work. It takes more time than you think.

Guess - who will get the blame?
Spinner77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2013, 01:17 AM   #4
Fez WQ

Yep there is a wing nut
Undo the two screws

There is then a wing nut ( plastic ) inside the boot, its a tight fit.. but does the job!!!
Fez WQ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post