Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 30-07-2005, 12:53 AM   #1
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Default A few issues....

Hey guys... here are a few issues i will get sorted at my 15000km service:

1. The lights near the light knob dont light up sometimes or flicker. Like, the light that lights up the parker and the normal beam are sometimes off, on, or flicker (Same problem that Fordel is having in his Focus i think)... hard to explain, if needed, ill post pictures!

2. LOUD Whistle from the wipers (i think... i hope) at 110kmh or during high winds (or at speeds of 130kmh)

3. Knocking sound (i think from front right side of the car... suspension?) keeps coming and going... sometimes gets really annoying and knocks over the smallest bumps!

4. I changed my headlight bulbs (as outlined in the manual) and i think my right light is a little misaligned. On position 0 it is still pretty dipped.

5. All of a sudden the radio isnt clear! I keep getting crackling sounds, even on popular stations like 96.9 and 104.1!

6. The screw that keeps the spare tyre down was bent when i took it off once to put the space saver on... and now i cant get it back on!

Thats pretty much it... all little things... just thought i would mention them!

Im still really happy with my car, and love looking at it everyday i get up... and smile everytime i drive it :

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2005, 02:00 AM   #2
Danny
GT4.

Heres My list. Its grown. I'll be ringing them tomorrow to organise a time for the service.

1. Drivers Power window button not working and just making a groaning sound when pushed.

2. Loud plastic grinding noise coming from CD Player on Start up and turn off.

3. Rear washer jet leaks like a sieve

4. Car crunches badly into reverse and moves a little even with clutch fully in

5. Finally, the ever so common Idle missing phenomenon is happeneing in my car as well!
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2005, 02:52 AM   #3
RedStar71

I've got that same reverse gear crunch you mention Danny.
Also my CD skips when you hit most bumps.
Rear tyre has slow leak. And I also have a slight knocking sound in the front suspension when I turn the wheel hard right.
Other than that no problems....
Mods: "Zetec S" badges, Zetec driving lights, stereo remote Ghia Gear stick surround and metal door handels. Factory EGA Sports Body Kit and Sports Leather Gear Knob. ST Rear Wing, Clear Indicators, Racing Pedals, Door Pulls, Door Sill Strips and Piano Black ICE Bezel.

2007 WQ Colorado Red Fiesta XR4
Mods: Smooth Rear Wiper
RedStar71 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2005, 10:32 AM   #4
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

Quote:
Im still really happy with my car, and love looking at it everyday i get up... and smile everytime i drive it
I'm glad I'm not the only one Teki
Scareybear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2005, 11:59 AM   #5
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacreybear
I'm glad I'm not the only one Teki
Hahhahaha, yes... i still love the thing, and im glad i made the right decision.... the euro style just makes me want to drive it more and more!

In regards to Idle problem... i have the same issue. Just going to get it looked at.... mine is something with the clutch though i think... there is a rattle sound and when the clutch is in, it disappears?!?!?

Um, in regards to the crunches in Reverse.... read the manual.... clutch must be engaged for 5 seconds i think before selecting Reverse? (There goes the quick 3 point turn!). I find it doesnt crunch if the car is rolling a little forward. Just what ive noticed anyways.... Sometimes i cant get it fully into reverse. I select first, move forward a touch, and then Reverse can be selected.

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 30-07-2005, 05:03 PM   #6
GROOV3
Rollin

in regards to your headlights the left is a bit higher to show more of the side of the road to the left, the right is normal height left is raised as thats where the side of the road is and lights wont affect on comming cars
GROOV3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2005, 05:54 PM   #7
Fez WQ

Well I have had a few problems that ford seem to have fixed at last, the car is a dream to drive now except there is a rattle that comes and goes at the rear right panel near the roof . It seem to be there in the morning at not at night , I think it is a heat related thing , to do with expansion . My fiesta had a bad vibration in nth front end after much stress and threats they replaced all four tyre with pirelles and now the problem had gone
Fez WQ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2005, 09:34 PM   #8
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Hunter
Well I have had a few problems that ford seem to have fixed at last, the car is a dream to drive now except there is a rattle that comes and goes at the rear right panel near the roof . It seem to be there in the morning at not at night , I think it is a heat related thing , to do with expansion . My fiesta had a bad vibration in nth front end after much stress and threats they replaced all four tyre with pirelles and now the problem had gone
In regards to that... make sure that Ford have noted this! and you have evidence! Come next tyre replacements, your going to be forking out big dough for Pirelli! Maybe Ford should be responsible for paying half? And also... what if the issue comes back just after warranty runs out? I would be making sure you secure for the life of the car!

Old 31-07-2005, 05:49 AM   #9
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
In regards to Idle problem... i have the same issue. Just going to get it looked at.... mine is something with the clutch though i think... there is a rattle sound and when the clutch is in, it disappears?!?!?
Throwout bearing noise. Thats Perfectly normal. My Fiesta does it, My old falcon did it, My mates 02 model MX5 does it, most do. Some more obvious than others dues to age etc....

Its to do with the pressure on the Clutch throwout bearing (which sits between the clutch fork and pressure plate I think. I replaced mine on the falcon ages ago and cant properly remember!) changing when you engage and disengage the clutch. The bearing spins when the clutch pedal is released and makes the bearing rattley rolling sound that you hear. When you push the pedal in, the bearing comes away from the moving engine parts and stops spinning therefore no noise.

When it starts to whine and make high pitched squeaking that changes pitch with engine Rpm, then you know it needs replacement (unlikely to happen on our fiestas as theyre still new). I had to do it in my old car because the bearing dried up. Ever heard a bearing spinning at 800 Rpm with no grease in it??? Not nice....
I still have it here as a trophy. It was absolutely FUBAR!
Old 31-07-2005, 07:07 AM   #10
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

OK.... last night my car made a VERYYY awkward sound when i started it... and sounded like a loud ringing metalic sound when idling.... its all gone now... but freaked me out. If that reappears im getting it looked at

Old 31-07-2005, 12:11 PM   #11
chown
_ObLiViOuS_

my fez does that crunch into reverse sometimes as well. I have the clutch in as far as it can go then try and put in in reverse but it wont engage??Reverse lights are on but i tae the clutch out and accelerate a little and no movement?? i Have to put the car in nuetral, take my foot right of clutch and then back in and into reverse again.Sometimes makes the crunch when it goes in this time. Not sure what the go is there.
shannon
chown is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2005, 11:50 PM   #12
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

And now... the car is undriveable due to a problem with it.... its going in tomorrow at 8am as an emergency and under warranty!

Old 02-08-2005, 12:00 AM   #13
Danny
GT4.

Oh my god! Let us know what happens orright?
Old 02-08-2005, 12:02 AM   #14
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Well.... it is driveable... but not for long! It has an engine problem, but apparently it could be a quick fix

Old 02-08-2005, 12:04 AM   #15
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Radiator hose - top mount I reckon, sounds like the main problem, but could be other stuff too.

Sory - I told you I was off to bed. I can't help myself! I'm a damn Forum lurker... Good luck tomorrow.
Old 02-08-2005, 12:07 AM   #16
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
Radiator hose - top mount I reckon, sounds like the main problem, but could be other stuff too.

Sory - I told you I was off to bed. I can't help myself! I'm a damn Forum lurker... Good luck tomorrow.
Hahahhaha, i reckon! GET OFF THE FORUM YOU BUM! :evil_laug

Um yea... sounds about right!

Just to let some of you know, this morning there was fluid all over the driveway! I checked the car, and the coolant was low, so the car stayed in the garage all day. Then, tonight i turned it on, and the coolant bubbles (you can see it in the clear container) and then it leaks at an alarming rate onto the ground!

Should be fixed tomorrow though

Old 02-08-2005, 12:08 PM   #17
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

8am car went in.... apparently they might need a part, so ill get it MAYBE at 4pm or 5pm... if not tomorrow :(

Old 02-08-2005, 01:15 PM   #18
whippet_zetec
Supes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
Throwout bearing noise. Thats Perfectly normal. My Fiesta does it, My old falcon did it, My mates 02 model MX5 does it, most do. Some more obvious than others dues to age etc....

Its to do with the pressure on the Clutch throwout bearing (which sits between the clutch fork and pressure plate I think. I replaced mine on the falcon ages ago and cant properly remember!) changing when you engage and disengage the clutch. The bearing spins when the clutch pedal is released and makes the bearing rattley rolling sound that you hear. When you push the pedal in, the bearing comes away from the moving engine parts and stops spinning therefore no noise.

When it starts to whine and make high pitched squeaking that changes pitch with engine Rpm, then you know it needs replacement (unlikely to happen on our fiestas as theyre still new). I had to do it in my old car because the bearing dried up. Ever heard a bearing spinning at 800 Rpm with no grease in it??? Not nice....
I still have it here as a trophy. It was absolutely FUBAR!
I have the same noise in my Focus, although it seems to have been getting worse over the last couple of weeks, service is due this month so will have it checked out then. Also have noticed that after driving for a while (at least 30 minutes) the rattle noise dissappears when the clutch pedal is out and the car in nuetral.
Old 02-08-2005, 01:42 PM   #19
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippet_zetec
I have the same noise in my Focus, although it seems to have been getting worse over the last couple of weeks, service is due this month so will have it checked out then. Also have noticed that after driving for a while (at least 30 minutes) the rattle noise dissappears when the clutch pedal is out and the car in nuetral.
I have the rattle noise as well with the car in nuetral and clutch out.

Old 02-08-2005, 02:22 PM   #20
Tripe

Thumbs down Finish what you started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Hunter
It's great that you resolved this long running problem Aaron, but don't you think it would be smart to put this information in the original topic which you started some time ago! :yeees:

Other users may find the information invaluable.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2005, 07:59 PM   #21
ferris01
I am a Princess!!!

Had some problems one was the wheel vibration at 100km (same as aaron) but mine was fixed with wheel alignments although Pirelles would have been nice. Second is an annoying knocking sound coming from the back left. The dealer originally thought it was the spare but as soon as I drove it out the knocking sound was still there. Must get that looked at has been annoying me for the last five months.

The thing is that would mean not having my hotwheel for a day.
ferris01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2005, 09:25 PM   #22
GROOV3
Rollin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferris01
Had some problems one was the wheel vibration at 100km (same as aaron) but mine was fixed with wheel alignments although Pirelles would have been nice. Second is an annoying knocking sound coming from the back left. The dealer originally thought it was the spare but as soon as I drove it out the knocking sound was still there. Must get that looked at has been annoying me for the last five months.

The thing is that would mean not having my hotwheel for a day.

i got the same knock at the rear left i think it might be the fuel tank neck or something.

the sub soon drowns it out though
GROOV3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2005, 02:33 PM   #23
Danny
GT4.

It is teh spare tyre. I've wedged a piece of polystyrene in between the spareand the sides of the hole it sits in so it cant move. Trustme itfixed the problem.
Old 03-08-2005, 03:18 PM   #24
neb
hibernating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
Heres My list. Its grown. I'll be ringing them tomorrow to organise a time for the service.

1. Drivers Power window button not working and just making a groaning sound when pushed.

2. Loud plastic grinding noise coming from CD Player on Start up and turn off.

3. Rear washer jet leaks like a sieve

4. Car crunches badly into reverse and moves a little even with clutch fully in

5. Finally, the ever so common Idle missing phenomenon is happeneing in my car as well!
Have you tried the EA gearbox trick.... Always put it into 5th and then into Reverse and then it doesn't crunch, due to reverse not having synchros. Not sure if that will work for you or not..
neb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2005, 07:46 PM   #25
ferris01
I am a Princess!!!

Danny we took the tyre out and we still got the knocking sound...Its more around where the fuel goes in...
ferris01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post