Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 31-10-2010, 10:45 PM   #1
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default How much do auction cars REALLY go for......?

Hey guys, I had the misfortune of someone writing off my 2 year old Territory last night. I therefore am in the position where I am wanting to purchase a BA/BF Falcon and preferably from the auctions. What should I be paying for one with less than 100,000kms? At this stage I am wanting to buy a wagon and sedan with the wagon being on gas, the missus can have the petrol sedan. The honest truth, what is this going to sting me...... lol Thanks guys

A G8E would be good if Ford marketed squarely at Calais V8 owners. They need to bring back the walking fingers like in the initial FG ads, but this time have the fingers crushing Calais' as they walk along, with some relaxing background Led Zeppelin music and Marcos Ambrose in stubbies and singlet driving it.
Gobes32 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2010, 10:45 PM   #2
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Should point out it will be at the melbourne auctions.
A G8E would be good if Ford marketed squarely at Calais V8 owners. They need to bring back the walking fingers like in the initial FG ads, but this time have the fingers crushing Calais' as they walk along, with some relaxing background Led Zeppelin music and Marcos Ambrose in stubbies and singlet driving it.
Old 31-10-2010, 10:51 PM   #3
FlipXW
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What model, options etc?? Just picked up a BA GT from auction for $25000, absolutely mint, only 32000km on the clock, man, leather and prem sound.
FlipXW is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2010, 11:02 PM   #4
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Good question, just want povo pack XT's. Sort of hoping you can score them for 6-8k, or am I dreaming?
Old 31-10-2010, 11:14 PM   #5
FlipXW
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Have seen BA wagons and sedans fixed price at auctions with less than 100,000km for mid 7's. So I would imagion you should have no trouble getting one within that price bracket under the hammer.
Old 31-10-2010, 11:15 PM   #6
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Got my SY Ghia Terri for $16500 with 116k...

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2010, 11:19 PM   #7
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

My Dad just bought a 2008 VE Omega with 52000kms for $15500

Shame that I wasnt told before he went - I would have got him into a BF II Ghia
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2010, 11:26 PM   #8
FlipXW
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quick search at pickles come up with this http://www.pickles.com.au/cars/vehic...otid-103164760 Pretty close to what your after.
Old 31-10-2010, 11:34 PM   #9
05_ENFORCER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobes32
Hey guys, I had the misfortune of someone writing off my 2 year old Territory last night. I therefore am in the position where I am wanting to purchase a BA/BF Falcon and preferably from the auctions. What should I be paying for one with less than 100,000kms? At this stage I am wanting to buy a wagon and sedan with the wagon being on gas, the missus can have the petrol sedan. The honest truth, what is this going to sting me...... lol Thanks guys
\
Ahh, insurance payout circa 15 grand maybe?

Wanting to buy BA/BF Falcon??

Is that going backwards or am I just biased???

Or am I looking in another direction????
Old 31-10-2010, 11:37 PM   #10
rocket67

Bought 2 BF XT Falcons from the Auctions just last week. Both Petrol/ Sedans

1) Icon Blue, 131,000klms. Auto, Phone kit. Hammer price was $7,250. Auction fees brought the total price to $7,750. A very good tidy car.

2) White, 97,000klms. Auto. Has one of those ugly Roo Bars on the front and a couple of very minor dents around it. Hammer price was $6,750, but that price was below the reserve. Ended up paying $7,400 plus Auction fees. Total for this car ended at $7,800.

Both cars were sold unregistered. Have already put Registration on the blue car at a cost of $630. That was for 3 months SA reg and included Premium plates at a cost of $150.

I consider them both to be very good buys.

Rocket.

Last edited by rocket67; 31-10-2010 at 11:54 PM.
rocket67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2010, 12:05 AM   #11
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05_ENFORCER
\
Ahh, insurance payout circa 15 grand maybe?

Wanting to buy BA/BF Falcon??

Is that going backwards or am I just biased???

Or am I looking in another direction????
Actually it's double that, but I want to put money on the mortgage.........yay
Old 01-11-2010, 03:12 PM   #12
Airmon
King of the Fairy's.

LPG wagons tend to go for a bit more, but in Syd at least there are plenty MKIIIs going around. Some I've seen, good tidy examples with low Kms, go for about $16K tops, but it does depend on the day, most seemed to go for around the $12K mark for MkIII, LPG, less then 90 thou.

They aren't in short supply so be patient and check them out before you bid and you should get a winner.
I bought my last Ford at the auctions 4 years ago, and its now sitting in someones Car yard for more then what I paid for it
Airmon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2010, 03:34 PM   #13
cant
CANT !!!!!!!!

Sorry to hear about the Terri pal

Try Pickles over the next few days, they will have a list up of "FIXED PRICE VEHICLES" for auction this weekend (but you can buy what you want from the list prior)

Happy hunting, CANT !!!!!!!!!!

Better to be late, than
VERY LATE !!!! :

YEAH HA !!!!!!!!
cant is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2010, 03:45 PM   #14
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

BF Fairmonts are the go.. 8 grand with 100,000 kms on them!!

You just have to be at the right auction at the right time with hopefully no competition.. Try and go to auctions where theres alot of the same cars and wait for the later ones to come up once everyones bought up and bidded against each other...

Sorry about your territory!
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2010, 08:05 PM   #15
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Yes, Pickles or Manheim Fowles. I have bought 3 cars this year from the Auctions. You can log onto Pickles Auctions as a viewer or buyer. You need to register and if your a buyer you need a holding deposit. Good idea to watch a few auctions first. Most bidders these days seem to come from the net. They tend to inspect the vehicle on the days before the auction. Some days the cars seem real expensive and other days they are giving them away. Just make sure you pick the right day !!!