Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 29-10-2010, 02:22 PM   #1
ROLLI
KEEPUP

Default Rego in VIC

Is there any special kinds of rego for VIC? I have heard heaps of different stories. Reason I ask is I just bought a mazda 1000 ute which is 37 years old can you register it as a classic or something and pay less?

Cheers Rolli

Old 29-10-2010, 02:37 PM   #2
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

2 types of rego ......

Normal 12 month rego $624.10 per year or
Club rego ..... but you must join an authorised club and can only drive the car on club days accompanied with a club letter stating so and is $100.00 per year

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2010, 02:38 PM   #3
ROLLI
KEEPUP

$624? I pay $565 my rego....

Ah ok well looks like its normal rego for me.
Thanks mate
Old 29-10-2010, 04:04 PM   #4
dylancox

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLLI

Thanks mate
Has anyone looked on their sticker and checked what weight a BA should be? Mine says 1200kg for some reason, and last I checked a BA weighs a lot more than that. My rego is roughly 500 in metro Vic.
dylancox is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2010, 08:53 PM   #5
MexicanBatman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLLI

Thanks mate
Rego is zoned, geelong is regional, move to melbourne and pay more!
MexicanBatman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2010, 12:02 AM   #6
fords35to75
No plastic bumpers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylancox
Has anyone looked on their sticker and checked what weight a BA should be? Mine says 1200kg for some reason, and last I checked a BA weighs a lot more than that. My rego is roughly 500 in metro Vic.
Weight is irrelevant to rego cost in Vic. Basically comes into 3 zones as far as TAC fee goes - High Risk (Melbourne metro), medium risk (outer Metro like Melton, Werribee and Geelong) and Low Risk (Country areas) Then there are vehicle categories which are essentially car; wagon / SUV up to nine seats (about the same price as car), commercial (includes vans, utes, dual cabs) and mini buses - 10 or more seats. There are the concession rates for health care card holders, pensioners, primary producers etc while some specific uses such as rental cars have a higher TAC fee.

Other catgories of course for trucks, prime movers, buses etc.

Original regos are done by dealers who should know the tare weight of their vehicles (or get it off the spec sheets) and that is the figure that would usually appear on the rego label.
fords35to75 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post