Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 06-06-2005, 12:30 PM   #1
max^power
Formerly au^ute

Angry UTE alarm

Hey guys, my ute got broken into last night, and i want to catch the mongrel next time.

My alarm was not terribly loud and i didn't even hear it, so thats pretty much useless. What can i do to make it louder or any other suggestions to catch the bastard?

The ******* got away with my wallet and roughly $300 in cash, which i was going to spend on an AWC front bar. (was almost there too dang!)

so far this person has cost me heaps. i want to catch him/her :jab:

any quick suggestions? btW: i've already figured out that maybe the wallet wasn't a good thing to leave inthere. perhaps i should just leave the bloody car unlocked and let em take whatever they want.
max^power is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2005, 12:57 PM   #2
b2tf
not here much anymore

Just out of interest, what makes you think they'll come back for another go?

Id suggest upgrading the alarm with a louder siren. Perhaps if you dont have entry sensors they would be a good idea too.
Old 06-06-2005, 01:18 PM   #3
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

I wouldn't leave stuff in my ute.
Old 06-06-2005, 01:44 PM   #4
max^power
Formerly au^ute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUII_SE_Ute
I wouldn't leave stuff in my ute.
i normally dont, but this was the one time i did. i went and filled up the car with fuel late last night, when i got back i left the wallet in the car, couldn't be bothered getting it our as this was the last thing i thought would happen. oh well, i've learnt my lesson!

Quote:
Just out of interest, what makes you think they'll come back for another go?
If i made $300 out of smashing a window, i'd do it again for sure, plus they know my alarm is frigging useless.

Quote:
Id suggest upgrading the alarm with a louder siren. Perhaps if you dont have entry sensors they would be a good idea too.
Thanks, this is a lot easier for me than installing IP cameras, which im not too willing to do.
Old 06-06-2005, 01:48 PM   #5
BlueRaven
Dual O2 sensors

Was your wallet in clear view? If it was then that would deffinately help your car being broken into.

I'd invest in a louder siren, but for a smash and grab like that there isn't a whole lot you can do without being around when it happens, its obvious they were not after the car.
Old 06-06-2005, 01:49 PM   #6
b2tf
not here much anymore

I see yuor point, I think they'd be more likely to take what they can from yuor ute and leave the area though. It'd be obvious something was gonig on if they were to come back.

Speak to your insurer also, they may be able to give you some ideas on what to add to your system to make it better. Some insurers also offer discounts on premiums if you have a certain type of system.
Old 06-06-2005, 01:58 PM   #7
max^power
Formerly au^ute

it was in the center compartment not visible from outside, the windows were dark also, plus with black interior. I'd say its the first place they looked, the glovebox wasn't even touched.

i got my cards back, they threw them on someones lawn, this is the 2nd time someone's stolen something from me, and left it on this persons lawn, so a trend? the first item was a bill in my mailbox... i was kinda cut they didnt pay it for me

back2thefutura... ill look into it, and let ppl know what i find. im sure someone else will benefit from this knowledge.