Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 22-02-2014, 10:20 PM   #31
mif73
CNC fixer guy

Default Re: AU V8 Coilpack and lead replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by mif73 View Post
Well i bought the bosch o2 sensors here http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-BOSCH...28cf28f&_uhb=1

And installed them and then did an ecu reset (disconnect batt for 30 mins while shorting power leads).

When i started the car it ran rough and the auto held on to gears a bit long and i have noticed a rich smell even at idle with higher fuel consumption (i think).
Engine and trans ran smooth after a bit of a drive.

I checked with forscan and i am getting over 2 volt swings from my sensors at idle when at running temp.

I thought they could only generate up to 1 volt?

Wtf?
Doh doh doh
Weekend Toy: S1 AU Fairlane V8 with LTD bits, Tickford 17" wheels, front and rear chin spoilers, series 2 front brake conversion with Super pro bushes, Pacemaker headers, rear muffler removed, Kings/Pedders lowered suspension, Koni adj rears, painted headlight bezels, HR 2300kg hitch, 2 stage shift kit, trans cooler, reverse cam and media player.

Wife unit's : 2010 update FG XR6, reverse cam, HR 2300kg Hitch, German Maestro speakers, parcel shelf sub, trimmed mudflaps, batman stickers.

Last edited by mif73; 22-02-2014 at 10:29 PM.
mif73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2014, 11:52 AM   #32
BLU-220
FG XR50 TURBO
Donating Member3

how did you go ?? did the car end up running better

cheers dean
BLU-220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2014, 03:08 PM   #33
mif73
CNC fixer guy

Hi Dean.
It managed to smooth itself out after a bit of a drive.
Forscan seems to have a few bugs with the au, one of them is the amplitude of the O2 sensors, the sensors seem to be within spec when you measure their output directly by meter.
The bosch ones seem to have a different characteristic to the original ntk ones at startup but are about the same once warmed up.
The differences could also be old vs new O2 sensors though.

I still have a slightly rough idle with the maf connected or when running closed loop mode (hunting and loping a bit). And it seems a bit rich these days, but the hegos say otherwise.

Will see what happens.
Cheers.
Weekend Toy: S1 AU Fairlane V8 with LTD bits, Tickford 17" wheels, front and rear chin spoilers, series 2 front brake conversion with Super pro bushes, Pacemaker headers, rear muffler removed, Kings/Pedders lowered suspension, Koni adj rears, painted headlight bezels, HR 2300kg hitch, 2 stage shift kit, trans cooler, reverse cam and media player.

Wife unit's : 2010 update FG XR6, reverse cam, HR 2300kg Hitch, German Maestro speakers, parcel shelf sub, trimmed mudflaps, batman stickers.
This user likes this post:
Old 26-02-2014, 03:57 PM   #34
BLU-220
FG XR50 TURBO
Donating Member3

hey i brought the same ones few months ago, my car has i very slight rough idle to, even thou over the weekend i took off the cats flushed them out and soak them over night in dishwashing liquid, the car seems for responsive going by the bumometer but has the veru slight rough idle, i'll try the ntk ones after i fit the new exhaust next week.

if you read the description it sounds to me an aftermarket sensor as been put into a Bosch box did they have Bosch stamped on them or i can read things that well

Direct replacement
Brand new in Bosch box
Very high quality oxygen sensor.

cheers dean
Old 26-02-2014, 04:32 PM   #35
mif73
CNC fixer guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU2GHIA View Post
hey i brought the same ones few months ago, my car has i very slight rough idle to, even thou over the weekend i took off the cats flushed them out and soak them over night in dishwashing liquid, the car seems for responsive going by the bumometer but has the veru slight rough idle, i'll try the ntk ones after i fit the new exhaust next week.

if you read the description it sounds to me an aftermarket sensor as been put into a Bosch box did they have Bosch stamped on them or i can read things that well

Direct replacement
Brand new in Bosch box
Very high quality oxygen sensor.

cheers dean
They were def bosch. Had logo and part number.
They had logicar efi stickers on the outside of the bosch box and they were sold from bayford to myself via their ebay ad.
I dont think that washing the cats (no cat is fond of a bath) would make any difference to the cars performance (unless cleaning them got out some gunk) as the sensors are placed between the engine and cat and the egos dont do anything at WOT, but if you reckon there was a difference at intermediate throttle positions then i dont know what to say.

Old 26-02-2014, 09:05 PM   #36
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU2GHIA View Post
even thou over the weekend i took off the cats flushed them out and soak them over night in dishwashing liquid
You did wha..............?!
Old 26-02-2014, 09:21 PM   #37
mif73
CNC fixer guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf View Post
Haha, washing the cats, kinda reminds me of Ted Bullpit sayings.

"You're not taking the kingswood, i just shampood the catalytic converters!"

This user likes this post:
Old 27-02-2014, 10:15 AM   #38
BLU-220
FG XR50 TURBO
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mif73 View Post
Haha, washing the cats, kinda reminds me of Ted Bullpit sayings.

"You're not taking the kingswood, i just shampood the catalytic converters!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf

this what happens when you watch stuff on youtube bloody Americans, doesn't matter i'm putting on a new exhaust with hi flow cats along with the modify xr8 headers in a couple of weeks, it was worth a try tho