Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 12-10-2012, 11:27 PM   #1

Default swaybar shifted?

I was doing an oil change today and i noticed i could see a 'shiny' part of my swaybar next to the mount to the chassis, and looking at it it seems the whole swaybar is shifted over to one side and the 'shiny' part is where the swaybar would normally be sitting in the bush.

Can i just loosen it up and move it back? or are they not supposed to move...

13101093 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2012, 12:05 AM   #2
BHDOGS
Banned

Default Re: swaybar shifted?

Swaybar links series 2 are ball joints so they have abit of play
BHDOGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2012, 12:07 AM   #3
Jastel
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has much experience with taxis and always jumps on here to explain things simply and help out the new guys in B-series and Contemporary... 

They will move a little bit, more if the rubbers are gone.
A few mm either side is nothing to worry about.
Jastel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2012, 01:22 AM   #4
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

You can also purchase lateral locks for swaybars to stop the excessive movement as well.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2012, 01:23 AM   #5

ok mine has moved maybe 30-40mm and you can see that one linkage is vertical and the other is on an angle kind of like they are supposed to be like this.

/-------\

but they look like

l---------\
13101093 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2012, 01:33 AM   #6
Day-mow
rexnet

Maybe upgrade rubbers. Grease em and then tighten em. I bent the brackets they're on. Make sure they're tight also

Remember it is the internet,So beware of trolls, If you argue with trolls the kids will laugh at you

Follow me on twitter @ Day_mow
Day-mow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2012, 12:42 PM   #7
Jastel
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has much experience with taxis and always jumps on here to explain things simply and help out the new guys in B-series and Contemporary... 

The brackets are designed to bend if they hit the kerbs etc.
Have you hit anything? Lent your car? Look at the bottom of the bracket for scrape marks.
They should both be straight. Take off and bash back into shape, that one will be weaker obviously, can weld in some extra supports or replace.
Jastel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post